ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PROPERTY TAX HIKE

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
If you live in Las Vegas and aren't aware, property tax will jump from 3% to 8%.

There is a website that shows what your current tax cap is (again should be 3%)

To avoid this ridiculous hike there is a website you can visit (Just Google Las Vegas Proprty Tax Cap) it should provide you links.

There is an online form you can fill out and submit. You may have to submit multiple times. They were so busy today that my first three attempts were kicked back.

What I'm guessing is in the past we all received these little postcard notices in the mail requesting your info. Basically is this your primary residence. heck yes or no and mail back. I probably chucked it thinking it was some type of nonsense census. I'm sure a lot of others did as well. Anyway, purely a guess, but in the past, your property tax would default to the lower 3% for the next fiscal year. Now I believe it will default to the higher 8% (which is what I believe you pay on a rental property please correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyway if you want to avoid seeing your house payment jump a couple hundred bucks a month I'd suggest researching...

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News