ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Music that no one remember or heard

Alone. And sad.

😂
Bro, the boys are smart and ....
I played the nerdy clarinet from 6th grade to senior in high school. I don’t know how I lasted that long..

Took private piano lessons and I attribute me making the dean’s list in college that semester to learning the piano. Was I Beth oven..no. But my teacher noticed I would correct my mistakes because I had a musical ear. Some chords sounded better after I fixed my mistakes.

I also took a guitar class at UNLV in 2002. That was an interesting class. That was a very hard class. My teacher exposed us to different guitar players from the Los Romeros classical guitar to Jango Reinhardt and Robert Johnson. I’m not familiar at all with delta blues or deep blues as what bulldog alluded to.But I like glam metal a lot. Yeah those dudes in spandex that dressed like trannies. I have never touched an electric guitar. Looks fun to play..

If I had a kid, I’d get them involved in music. Builds concentration etc.

Damn freakin’ nerdy Asians..

I played the nerdy clarinet from 6th grade to senior in high school. I don’t know how I lasted that long..

Took private piano lessons and I attribute me making the dean’s list in college that semester to learning the piano. Was I Beth oven..no. But my teacher noticed I would correct my mistakes because I had a musical ear. Some chords sounded better after I fixed my mistakes.

I also took a guitar class at UNLV in 2002. That was an interesting class. That was a very hard class. My teacher exposed us to different guitar players from the Los Romeros classical guitar to Jango Reinhardt and Robert Johnson. I’m not familiar at all with delta blues or deep blues as what bulldog alluded to.But I like glam metal a lot. Yeah those dudes in spandex that dressed like trannies. I have never touched an electric guitar. Looks fun to play..

If I had a kid, I’d get them involved in music. Builds concentration etc.

Damn freakin’ nerdy Asians..

Who is Beth Oven?

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
This is the sequel to that video.

This is my favorite band to see live. Garage rock/punk/blues.

I've seen them 6 times live. Two dudes. The entire show is like this clip. This was their encore. They absolutely shred.

Opening/intro is an old blues classic, they shift into their song Run Rabbit Run, pay a little tribute to the blues again by doing 'Who do you love' and back into Run Rabbit Run. They start killing it at the 5 minute mark. At 7 minutes he stage dives and plays while the crowd holds him up. Does it every show.

On top of it genuinely down to earth good human beings. Tell you a story about them in a DM around the time my wife passed.

I did sort of a strange transition. Growing up it was all the classic rock stuff my parents listened to in general. Around 7th grade I started listening to punk and some synth stuff. By the time high school hit I was hitting the R&B and Metal and then followed the grunge wave for a hot minute but ended up after high school listening to all the music Bull is making fun of Trip for, but y'know. The actual dark stuff...Depeche Mode is for upbeat dancing.

I won't bother you guys with it though, just go ahead and make fun of me.
south park dancing GIF

I did sort of a strange transition. Growing up it was all the classic rock stuff my parents listened to in general. Around 7th grade I started listening to punk and some synth stuff. By the time high school hit I was hitting the R&B and Metal and then followed the grunge wave for a hot minute but ended up after high school listening to all the music Bull is making fun of Trip for, but y'know. The actual dark stuff...Depeche Mode is for upbeat dancing.

I won't bother you guys with it though, just go ahead and make fun of me.
south park dancing GIF

That gif is perfect...

I'm actually down with a wide range of music except jazz which is poison to the ears.

That gif is perfect...

I'm actually down with a wide range of music except jazz which is poison to the ears.
I used to feel the same way, but I found that as a reformed musician there's certain jazz that I can f with. But it's kind of like Rush to some people. Musically very talented and diverse but it's a flavor that not everyone likes. Just not too much of the super experimental or super boring smooth jazz.

Realistically, these days the only stuff I won't listen to at all is modern country, some of the screamiest of metals, mumble rap/and the worst of the top 40 escaped Disney performers. I'm sure there's some stuff in this do not want list just it's more case by case basis.

I used to feel the same way, but I found that as a reformed musician there's certain jazz that I can f with. But it's kind of like Rush to some people. Musically very talented and diverse but it's a flavor that not everyone likes. Just not too much of the super experimental or super boring smooth jazz.

Realistically, these days the only stuff I won't listen to at all is modern country, some of the screamiest of metals, mumble rap/and the worst of the top 40 escaped Disney performers. I'm sure there's some stuff in this do not want list just it's more case by case basis.

There are two types of people in the world.

People who hate Jazz.

And

People who say they like jazz.

Nobody actually likes it.

First of all they say obnoxious things like 'It ain't about the notes their playing it's about the notes they ain't playing'

Also jazz might be cool if every member of the band actually played the same song. But no everybody is just doing their own thing.

Skippity do be do bop bop.

• Wow
That gif is perfect...

Depends on jazz. You literally have to be stoned to enjoy Jazz. I respect the hell out of it. There ARE no rules in Jazz.

Here’s me listening to some “smooth jazz”

There are two types of people in the world.

People who hate Jazz.

And

People who say they like jazz.

Skippity do be do bop bop.
I do appreciate you mock jazz fans for their pretension, and then close with being super pretentious with the scat line. I know you did it on purpose, too which heightens my joy. It's not so much about the shit you talked but the shit you DIDN'T talk haha.

Maybe try a little Snarky Puppy. They're sort of a super group of modern jazz and blues performers.

A “reformed” musician..what instruments do you play.

A “reformed” musician..what instruments do you play.
I did vocals, rhythm guitar, bass, and spooky keyboards, not to be confused with piano which actually takes skill--just depended on what project I happened to be in at the time. I messed around a little with lead guitar but my scales and finger dexterity sort of put a limit on what I could do (damn you sweep arpeggios, you still haunt me). I also really, really, really wanted to be able to play drums but beyond 4/4 time Kick/Snare/High Hat 16th note (bad) fills, I really only did those enough to make actual drummers have a laugh. I have rhythm, but not more than 2.5 part individual manual dexterity.

But I haven't opened up a guitar case in 4.5 years now, and I haven't plugged in an amplifier in 10, so I think calling myself a musician now is a lie. So those are what I played. Past tense.

• Love
I do appreciate you mock jazz fans for their pretension, and then close with being super pretentious with the scat line. I know you did it on purpose, too which heightens my joy. It's not so much about the shit you talked but the shit you DIDN'T talk haha.

Maybe try a little Snarky Puppy. They're sort of a super group of modern jazz and blues performers.

Fantastic retort...

And I applaud you for it..

Well played (or not played) sir.

🙂

• Haha
Reactions: Couev
I did vocals, rhythm guitar, bass, and spooky keyboards, not to be confused with piano which actually takes skill--just depended on what project I happened to be in at the time. I messed around a little with lead guitar but my scales and finger dexterity sort of put a limit on what I could do (damn you sweep arpeggios, you still haunt me). I also really, really, really wanted to be able to play drums but beyond 4/4 time Kick/Snare/High Hat 16th note (bad) fills, I really only did those enough to make actual drummers have a laugh. I have rhythm, but not more than 2.5 part individual manual dexterity.

But I haven't opened up a guitar case in 4.5 years now, and I haven't plugged in an amplifier in 10, so I think calling myself a musician now is a lie. So those are what I played. Past tense.
Is THAT a spooky keyboard?

Reactions: Couev

No..pick it up and play.

You won’t believe how much you can learn after some time off.

Is THAT a spooky keyboard?

Just a little bit ominous, you kinda expect that with a church organ/pipe organ though. Or whatever type of organ it is.

I think the song Black Sabbath is waaaaaaay more ominous, the sounds, effects and the lyrics. The thunder and distant lightning, the distant church bell, the driving guitar …. and the lyrics are descriptive and fit the mood of the song so well….

“Big black shape with eyes of fire
Telling people their desire
Satan's sitting there, he's smiling
Watches those flames get higher and higher”

You know I’m a big Sabbath/Ozzy fan …. Probably had a lot to do with it being introduced to me as a brooding, rebellious youth …. But their music really hit home with me. Funniest thing to me was people called it “Devil music” or they worshipped the devil. Listen to the lyrics. Not at all. They were biblical with so many lyrics … they were very descriptive …. But there was no devil worship, quite the opposite. They just happened to describe their interpretation of the devil and evil and that it exists and that it’s downright scary … and you’ll consistently find lyrics of them praising God, pleading with God, praying to God.

But why let a falsehood that causes controversy and drives sales get in the way …

I consider Geezer and Tony and Bill and Ozzy masterful.

So happy to have seen them perform live. Never thought I’d live to see them live.

Just a little bit ominous, you kinda expect that with a church organ/pipe organ though. Or whatever type of organ it is.

I think the song Black Sabbath is waaaaaaay more ominous, the sounds, effects and the lyrics. The thunder and distant lightning, the distant church bell, the driving guitar …. and the lyrics are descriptive and fit the mood of the song so well….

“Big black shape with eyes of fire
Telling people their desire
Satan's sitting there, he's smiling
Watches those flames get higher and higher”

You know I’m a big Sabbath/Ozzy fan …. Probably had a lot to do with it being introduced to me as a brooding, rebellious youth …. But their music really hit home with me. Funniest thing to me was people called it “Devil music” or they worshipped the devil. Listen to the lyrics. Not at all. They were biblical with so many lyrics … they were very descriptive …. But there was no devil worship, quite the opposite. They just happened to describe their interpretation of the devil and evil and that it exists and that it’s downright scary … and you’ll consistently find lyrics of them praising God, pleading with God, praying to God.

But why let a falsehood that causes controversy and drives sales get in the way …

I consider Geezer and Tony and Bill and Ozzy masterful.

So happy to have seen them perform live. Never thought I’d live to see them live.
Even War Pigs. Everyone knows the song. Listen to the lyrics. Love the way they call out politicians and claiming they’re all going to hell.

“Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning
Ashes where their bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughing, spreads his wings”

I feel that way about an influential/powerful chunk of the world right now. More strongly now than ever.

do you guys know Brad & Lex?

Hang out with me in the chat room on a Friday night..

I love their honest reactions

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT