ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Movies 2023!!!

Prey - Part of the Predator franchise set in the American midwest 1700s(?) with a young native American woman as the protagonist. It was only streaming through Hulu so I didn't see it until it got a dvd release. Great, entertaining entry into the Predator franchise and imo the best one next to the original with Arnold.

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
Anybody checked out Nefarious on Amazon Prime? Pretty creepy. I’m a sucker for psyche thrillers though.
I rarely watch movies but did see this one weeks ago. Pretty good! It is similar to a Denzel movie from years ago in the final premise but it was still interesting.

I was seeing if the latest Mission Impossible was on there yet but I guess that is still a bit away?? I don’t keep track of that very well, obviously.

Beekeeper is pretty good.

TV: True Detective with Jody Foster is pretty interesting

Reactions: RebelScrub
I liked the first season a lot. Not since then.
The newest season is much better. A return to the first season quality wise.

A really good movie was Iron Claw, not a big wrestling person but it is more about the family. A true story, pretty crazy what they went through.

Prey - Part of the Predator franchise set in the American midwest 1700s(?) with a young native American woman as the protagonist. It was only streaming through Hulu so I didn't see it until it got a dvd release. Great, entertaining entry into the Predator franchise and imo the best one next to the original with Arnold.

The newest season is much better. A return to the first season quality wise.

A really good movie was Iron Claw, not a big wrestling person but it is more about the family. A true story, pretty crazy what they went through.
The f’n von Erich’s were f’n bad ass. I loved WCCW!!!

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
Beekeeper is pretty good.

TV: True Detective with Jody Foster is pretty interesting
I think I’m gonna watch that with the Godfather. I saw the first 2 seasons. Didn’t see the 3rd.
That family had it rough
I was reading a brief review according to one of the grandkids.. The dad wasn’t that rough, it was Hollywood but the way that each one died sucked. Zach Efron bulked up for that role. Mad respect.

I didn’t get to see a lot of the Von Erich’s cause I lived in Tennessee from 1976-1985.

And then when I moved here to Vegas..not sure if they were televised out here.

I love wrestling. People think it’s fake, no that shit hurts.

I think I’m gonna watch that with the Godfather. I saw the first 2 seasons. Didn’t see the 3rd.

I was reading a brief review according to one of the grandkids.. The dad wasn’t that rough, it was Hollywood but the way that each one died sucked. Zach Efron bulked up for that role. Mad respect.

I didn’t get to see a lot of the Von Erich’s cause I lived in Tennessee from 1976-1985.

And then when I moved here to Vegas..not sure if they were televised out here.

I love wrestling. People think it’s fake, no that shit hurts.
Yeah Efron got huge. Good acting in it.

Anyone watch TED TV series yet? I thought it was funny, basically felt like a dry run for a live action Family Guy...

Bro..do not post any Dune 2 spoilers. Automatic banning.

Heard it was INCREDIBLE!!

Just saw the Dune 2 movie..

Piece of shit movie..the only saving grace was Christopher Walken playing the emperor.

The upgraded graphics were nice. Zendaya is butt ugly. I don’t know what this generation sees in her. Maybe it’s her role in HBO’s Euphoria. Haven’t watched Euphoria. I heard about the dude who full on jacks off in it. Huge pass for me.

Alright going back to the film, reminds me a bit of the video game Halo and whoever likes “Tool” from what I heard from someone else. You can see how and why George Lucas stole a lot from Frank Hebert.

I didn’t read the novel back then. I sure as hell ain’t reading it now.

Let’s talk Timothy Camolet (sp) , pretty boy actor. He did a decent job playing Paul mua’dib.

I went to take a piss.. came back to some fight in a gladiator match.

David Lynch’s version pisses all over this remake and Dustin Vallanuve.

Stilgar..you come in from the west. Zendaya..you come in from the east and I’ll come in from the north. Gggggreat strategic planning Paul!!!

Final verdict..Dune 2. 3 outta 10 stars.

Just saw the Dune 2 movie..

Piece of shit movie..the only saving grace was Christopher Walken playing the emperor.

The upgraded graphics were nice. Zendaya is butt ugly. I don’t know what this generation sees in her. Maybe it’s her role in HBO’s Euphoria. Haven’t watched Euphoria. I heard about the dude who full on jacks off in it. Huge pass for me.

Alright going back to the film, reminds me a bit of the video game Halo and whoever likes “Tool” from what I heard from someone else. You can see how and why George Lucas stole a lot from Frank Hebert.

I didn’t read the novel back then. I sure as hell ain’t reading it now.

Let’s talk Timothy Camolet (sp) , pretty boy actor. He did a decent job playing Paul mua’dib.

I went to take a piss.. came back to some fight in a gladiator match.

David Lynch’s version pisses all over this remake and Dustin Vallanuve.

Stilgar..you come in from the west. Zendaya..you come in from the east and I’ll come in from the north. Gggggreat strategic planning Paul!!!

Final verdict..Dune 2. 3 outta 10 stars.
I will wait and see. My older son already went to the movie and loved it. I am going with my youngest son tonight, so I will let you know what I think. First move I have gone to in a couple of years.

I will wait and see. My older son already went to the movie and loved it. I am going with my youngest son tonight, so I will let you know what I think. First move I have gone to in a couple of years.
I thought it was good. A little slow in spots and making it shorter could have cured that but overall was good.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Watched “65” with Adam Driver of Ben Solo fam Star Wars. My roommate keeps getting mad at me for picking shitty movies. I’m like 0-10 and it’s not getting any better.

Basically a ship crashes on planet earth right before the meteor that kills all the dinosaurs.

Do yourself a favor, just skip to the last 3 minutes of the movie when the meteor lands.

F’n dumb dumb movies.

1/10 stars.

Hey “Roommate.” You wanna watch Freejack?It has the lead singer of The Rolling Stones.

Roommate: “**** The Rolling Stones”

🤣

Watched “65” with Adam Driver of Ben Solo fam Star Wars. My roommate keeps getting mad at me for picking shitty movies. I’m like 0-10 and it’s not getting any better.

Basically a ship crashes on planet earth right before the meteor that kills all the dinosaurs.

Do yourself a favor, just skip to the last 3 minutes of the movie when the meteor lands.

F’n dumb dumb movies.

1/10 stars.

Hey “Roommate.” You wanna watch Freejack?It has the lead singer of The Rolling Stones.

🤣
People also ask

What was the point of the movie 65?

65' Ending Explained: Adam Driver Finally Fights Those Dang ...

In the end, the film is about people trying to fight their way through a harrowing journey they'll soon wish they could put behind them. This is something audiences will be able to relate to having had to sit through the cinematic slog that is 65 along with them.Jul 8, 2023

F’n dumb dumb movies.

1/10 stars.

🤣

Here ya go:
The Hidden - 80s scifi action overshadowed by the likes of The Terminator and Aliens but every bit as good imo.

The Blob - Remake of the 1950s movie but with far better and gorier practical effects. It's a great mindless 80s scifi/monster movie.

Upgrade - Paralyzed guy has an AI chip implanted that helps him hunt down the people who injured him and killed his wife.

The Nice Guys - Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling in a comedy thriller. It works trust me.

The Hateful Eight - Great Tarantino dialogue and characters. Not much action but it's not that kind of movie.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I don't watch tv other than UNLV games so I haven't seen many/any movie previews. The previews that I have seen leave a lot to be desired (and I'm being polite.. again).

I watched the latest Mission Impossible movie about 3-4 weeks ago and even that one was unoriginal with it's story line. My question, are there any original movies out? I don't want to watch blow up stuff/kill everyone/etc., I want to enjoy the story develop and being unique. The last John Wick movie I watched the bad guys missed every shot and he didn't miss one. Nothing creative in that.

Also, the problem is that I don't want to rewatch movies I've seen multiple times.

Here ya go:
The Hidden - 80s scifi action overshadowed by the likes of The Terminator and Aliens but every bit as good imo.

The Blob - Remake of the 1950s movie but with far better and gorier practical effects. It's a great mindless 80s scifi/monster movie.

Upgrade - Paralyzed guy has an AI chip implanted that helps him hunt down the people who injured him and killed his wife.

The Nice Guys - Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling in a comedy thriller. It works trust me.

The Hateful Eight - Great Tarantino dialogue and characters. Not much action but it's not that kind of movie.
Roommate hated hateful 8.

Watched half of “American Me” He hated it.
That movie was brutal. Scared the crap out of me from joining a gang back in the early 90’s

I don't watch tv other than UNLV games so I haven't seen many/any movie previews. The previews that I have seen leave a lot to be desired (and I'm being polite.. again).

I watched the latest Mission Impossible movie about 3-4 weeks ago and even that one was unoriginal with it's story line. My question, are there any original movies out? I don't want to watch blow up stuff/kill everyone/etc., I want to enjoy the story develop and being unique. The last John Wick movie I watched the bad guys missed every shot and he didn't miss one. Nothing creative in that.

Also, the problem is that I don't want to rewatch movies I've seen multiple times.
I think every movie has been done. Hollywood just does remakes.

Maybe I’m just old.

Zone of Interest is a very good movie. It was unique and the opposite of blowing stuff up. True story too. About the commandant of Auschwitz and his family that lived right next door.

Zone of Interest is a very good movie. It was unique and the opposite of blowing stuff up. True story too. About the commandant of Auschwitz and his family that lived right next door.
Nicky Stan Nicky is funny AF.
The series called Shogun is phenomenal thus far. F*cking amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT