ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting MWC game tonight on ESPNU

rebswin2

Rebel Legend
Apr 5, 2004
San Diego, CA UNLV'94
SDSU is playing at Grand Canyon. Their fans are crazy not a place Id schedule a game as a ranked team, however this year GCU's NET is 56 so its a Quad 1 game so it actually is a nice win if you can get it. They are 33-6 at home the last 2 plus seasons. Read stadents have camped out since Saturday for tickets.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
SDSU is playing at Grand Canyon. Their fans are crazy not a place Id schedule a game as a ranked team, however this year GCU's NET is 56 so its a Quad 1 game so it actually is a nice win if you can get it. They are 33-6 at home the last 2 plus seasons. Read stadents have camped out since Saturday for tickets.
This stuff happens when you win. Maybe someday............

Plus they only have a capacity of 7100.

Grand Canyon should be further along than UNLV. They have a long, long history of excellence.

UNLV would be better served playing in a smaller arena.

SDSU down by 7 at the half.
I thought it should have been in the NFR negotiation to give them the T&M and have the NFR build us a smaller more intimate arena with very close in seating. @ 10,000 seats. Too late now.

What y'all think about the FAU coach? They lost against Illinois tonight, though.

This year’s men’s team should play at Cox and let the Lady Rebels play at the Mack!
I’ve been to most home games and it looks bad from within the stadium. On TV it has to look brutal.

In terms of crowd density, I’m guessing only SJSU is worse than UNLV so far. It’s a seriously bad look in the Mack.

I’ve been to most home games and it looks bad from within the stadium. On TV it has to look brutal.

In terms of crowd density, I’m guessing only SJSU is worse than UNLV so far. It’s a seriously bad look in the Mack.
You need @ 12000 for it to look good. We aren't even close.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Wait, most? When did your streak end?
A few games into Kevin’s tenure. Not because we were struggling. Kinda wanted to make it through until I thought maybe we’d be in good hands. Wasn’t going to bolt during Menzies when things were at a low point. That’s chickenshit to me. I wanted to wait until things were stable and I thought headed in the right direction. I mis-assessed that, obviously. But I was certain Menzies was going to fail and I didn’t think Otz would do well and knew he was bolting. Just didn’t want to jump ship at that point.

But it probably wouldn’t have mattered much anyway. Demands at work have been downright overbearing, something was going to have to give somewhere. Getting a holiday off is near impossible. I’ve had to watch games at work and they aren’t close to my normal work hours. Unless I’m literally out of town, I’m on the hook for potential work.

A friend has offered tix to the Knights, I still haven’t gone. He’s offered at least 50 times, including the freaking playoffs …

It sucks but you do what you gotta do.

A few games into Kevin’s tenure. Not because we were struggling. Kinda wanted to make it through until I thought maybe we’d be in good hands. Wasn’t going to bolt during Menzies when things were at a low point. That’s chickenshit to me. I wanted to wait until things were stable and I thought headed in the right direction. I mis-assessed that, obviously. But I was certain Menzies was going to fail and I didn’t think Otz would do well and knew he was bolting. Just didn’t want to jump ship at that point.

But it probably wouldn’t have mattered much anyway. Demands at work have been downright overbearing, something was going to have to give somewhere. Getting a holiday off is near impossible. I’ve had to watch games at work and they aren’t close to my normal work hours. Unless I’m literally out of town, I’m on the hook for potential work.

A friend has offered tix to the Knights, I still haven’t gone. He’s offered at least 50 times, including the freaking playoffs …

It sucks but you do what you gotta do.
I think I surpassed Babe Ruth, I believe somewhere around 720 straight home games attended.

Breaking it has been an absolute relief. No more obligation to that streak. Now I go if I have the time … but to be honest, it always ends up a disappointing waste of time that leaves you feeling grimy and sooty as you watch them. The atmosphere is just gross, constant chill in the air, silence, lifeless, the concourse is 75 percent closed … it’s just awful.

I think I surpassed Babe Ruth, I believe somewhere around 720 straight home games attended.

Breaking it has been an absolute relief. No more obligation to that streak. Now I go if I have the time … but to be honest, it always ends up a disappointing waste of time that leaves you feeling grimy and sooty as you watch them. The atmosphere is just gross, constant chill in the air, silence, lifeless, the concourse is 75 percent closed … it’s just awful.
it like going to a hospice to me. Not fun at all. The whole product LEAVE MUCH TO BE DESIRED. Plus no more Dr. Pepper made things even worse.

Reactions: j. spilotro

Add to it, hype guy screaming at you to make some noise. Hate that.

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT