ADVERTISEMENT

letters from unlv president

A Cal fan taking academic shots at UNLV, how did you get to be so brave? What's next, your average annual rainfall numbers? Football? Seriously, how do you walk around with balls so incredibly huge!

Best of luck in the upcoming season. Eventually you'll sign someone for 2015, and stop losing in recruiting to all those inferior centers of academia. I mean, according to the US News and World report you are the 3rd best academic program in your state, and CIT doesn't even really count as they don't play hoops at your level. There's got to be tons of top talent that cares about your programs in biology and physics! And maybe one day, if you work real hard and study, you can be mentioned in the same breath as your academically and athletically superior big brother Stanford! But hey, you guys are totally the Stanford of Alameda county and, damn it, that has to count for something!

Trash talk aside, I actually like Cuonzo an awful lot and think he was a very solid choice to follow Monty. We all know he can recruit like a maniac!

May you beat UCLA twice a year, every year. Best of luck in the upcoming season.

good luck to the running rebs this season

but not too much luck with 2016 Findlay prep 5 star derrick thornton

If we don't get DTJ, Cal is of the few places on his list that wouldn't make me sick to my stomach for him to choose should he decide not to come to UNLV. We did already sign Justin Jackson, the 4 star wing (#29 overall) from Findlay, so the odds of us getting both might be slimmer than we'd like. Big time prep programs like Findlay don't like to make it seem like there's a one school pipeline for their players, spreading the wealth between different colleges enhances Findlay's contacts and connections throughout the country. That being said, my fingers are still crossed.

is 5 star tyler dorsey still going to unofficially visit unlv?

dorsey has officially visited cal, kansas, oregon, colorado & asu

dad is pretty involved with his recruitment & basketball career which would make kansas & colorado expensive & travel time consuming long distance options

tyler originally make a commitment to arizona but back off when sean miller cut him from the usa team this summer

why are the rebs passing on dorsey?

# of scholly limitations?...tyler is a top 20 2015 prospect

I think UNLV has made Big Zimm the priority for the 2015 recruiting year.

P.S.

I always laugh when I see these attacks on UNLV from other schools. The fact that an alumni went to Cal doesn't mean much if all they receive is a general education degree. I worked with a couple of Cal grads who were at best average at their jobs. Cal is made up of a lot of science and engineering graduates who would not waste their time attacking UNLV on social media. Leave that to the journalism students.

We all know we already have our resident idiot out of Rutgers who thinks the world of himself in LV.

This post was edited on 11/14 1:10 AM by Rebel1986

This post was edited on 11/14 1:11 AM by Rebel1986

Originally posted by shocky5:

why are the rebs passing on dorsey?

# of scholly limitations?...tyler is a top 20 2015 prospect
Would iyou sign a kd who was cut from Team USA by the head coach he committed to? There have got to be either behavioral or coachability issues.

dorsey was cut from the usa team by sean miller when he recruited over him with a higher rated recruit...a factor in this also was tyler's preference to play the 1, the wildcats staff thinks he's more of a 2

dorsey is a good with a 3.3 gpa, never been in trouble but also very quiet, he will need to become more vocal in order to maximize his ability to lead a team

good luck to the rebs on zimmerman, hopes he stays home, don't want that beast in the pac 12

marcus lee with 4 minutes in tonight's win vs texas...kendall smith is arguably his best friend

looks like zach collins & his dad didn't unofficially visit cal during the trip to the bay area for the bishop o'dowd game...gonzaga & mark few are putting on the full court press with the collins, they are likely the rebs leading competition for collins

guess the collins aren't that crazy about all the dirty hippies in berkeley

while not a full unoffical visit, the collins family did visit with the cal coaching staff during their bishop o'dowd game in the bay area

family impressed with the academics (zach has a 3.5 gpa) & community service aspects of cal

still think unlv will be tough to beat

Please, the guy made a positive comment and you attack? I have no problem with people coming on and attacking or commenting on the site. If they attack, I am more than happy to attack back, if they say something positive, I will say thanks.

Coming from the engineering/finance/math background, I am not impressed with the fact people went to a high level school and came out with a degree in art history, business, etc........

Normaly I would agree with you guys but since this thread started with this guy reposting his own post from his own forum talking shit then he gets what he deserves.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT