ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Hill injured

I've cringed at some of the stuff I've seen or heard about other PT's doing. Just because PT's SHOULD be better, doesn't mean that they are. Dealing with people well is the most important part of all of our fields. If you, I, and @dcut03 don't inspire our clients to act, none of us are any good. I saw the movie Patch Adams while I was still in PT school and I still remember the one doctor saying that he knows how to cure the patient but he can't get her to eat to save her life.

Inspiration, and setting an example, are so important. If I show up gasping for air because I walked from my truck to their front door, no patient of mine will want me to show up twice. Seeing that I can catch them should they fall, and that I'm by their side constantly during any type of balance activities, gains trust.
Love that Movie - We are definitely in the people business - and people are all so different - but you are absolutely right about inspiration and guidance-

Im 52 and an Athlete myself - Just demonstrating the exercises alone keeps me in shape. - but yeah the best way for me to motivate young HS and college athletes, is to show them firsthand what a BADASS looks like. When they see me do full Nordic Curls - they get motivated.

If I can do it - you can do it - Lets go !

Out of shape trainers are my pet peeve. If you quit on yourself ? how are your clients supposed to believe in you ??

Last edited:
Love that Movie - We are definitely in the people business - and people are all so different - but you are absolutely right about inspiration and guidance-

Im 52 and an Athlete myself - Just demonstrating the exercises alone keeps me in shape. - but yeah the best way for me to motivate young HS and college athletes, is to show them firsthand what a BADASS looks like. When they see me do full Nordic Curls - they get motivated.

Out of shape trainers are my pet peeve. If you quit on yourself ? how are your clients supposed to believe in you ??
Lol my ex was a overweight trainer and she was always getting shorted and was judged by her peers and leadership. She is great at what she does... but it was difficult being with someone who had all the tools but was uninspired to use them.

When I went to get my LASIK and my doctor was wearing glasses …. I went to another doctor.

Not going to listen to a PE teacher preach Science to me.

Not going to take a Weight Watchers class from Rick Majerus.

Not going to have Ray Charles teach me how to paint.

Not going to take boxing lessons from pronouns.

Tough break for Hill. Good to have him back for next year (if he stays). Maybe we’ll have a legit coach and some guys to elevate DJ and Noel.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I actually hurt my knee at the gym doing forward lunges with weights. My right knee went past my toes and I felt a pop. You need to check your form with a mirror . I was out for a good 2 months.

I feel really bad for this Jayden Hill guy. Never saw him play and he was supposed to be Kevin Kruger’s meal ticket.

We’ll game starts in 5 minutes..

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I actually hurt my knee at the gym doing forward lunges with weights. My right knee went past my toes and I felt a pop. You need to check your form with a mirror . I was out for a good 2 months.

I feel really bad for this Jayden Hill guy. Never saw him play and he was supposed to be Kevin Kruger’s meal ticket.

We’ll game starts in 5 minutes..
OH no you put your knee OVER your TOE ??? POP bang BOOM (bad training myth)

That'll do it every time ...LMAO be careful

Use the video camera on your phone to check your form -

dont use mirrors -

You'll end up with NO back and NO legs - You cant see those parts of your body with the mirror ; )

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT