ADVERTISEMENT

It's a done deal

So he was buried on the bench at WSU but was a highly ranked HS recruit? Do I understand that correctly? It seems his height and intangibles are great with regards to developing, just wondering why Wazzu landed him and then rarely played him.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
So he was buried on the bench at WSU but was a highly ranked HS recruit? Do I understand that correctly? It seems his height and intangibles are great with regards to developing, just wondering why Wazzu landed him and then rarely played him.
Just read Seattle Times article on WSU. They had a lot of big men. One went to Minn. They just signed best player in Big Sky, a 6'11" guy who pounds underneath similar to Timme. Adrame is tall but thin. Came from ASU to WSU so is he eligible? WSU lost six players to portal so Smith is under some pressure.

Just read Seattle Times article on WSU. They had a lot of big men. One went to Minn. They just signed best player in Big Sky, a 6'11" guy who pounds underneath similar to Timme. Adrame is tall but thin. Came from ASU to WSU so is he eligible? WSU lost six players to portal so Smith is under some pressure.
He was never at ASU. He played his prep ball in Arizona at Compress Prep. If the Seattle Times article said he was at ASU, thats irresponsible journaling. If you misread/misunderstood it, no worries Bill.
Yes, he was buried. He decided very late in the process to go to Wazzu. Often times after recruits commit, the coaching staff gives them some workout regimen to partake in in their own time or they tell them what to work on. Maybe he didnt have a lot of time to work on things before. Just throwing that out there; thats my opinion on what may have happened.

Regardless, he was very thin but has loads of talent. He will get stronger and better everyday.

They also had another big man that was very good
Lobbybuu has transformed this board. ty!!
Youre welcome! Glad you are enjoying the ride.
Thank you as always for the info, Lobby! 👏🙌
Youre welcome!

From ESPN:

"Diongue, the No. 43 prospect in the ESPN 100, had a breakout season with AZ Compass Prep in Arizona, emerging as one of the most versatile big men defenders in this class, standing 7-feet tall with a 7-foot-6 wingspan, the ability to cover ground fluidly on the perimeter and excellent timing as a rim-protector. He plays with outstanding energy, is quick both sprinting the court and getting off his feet as a finisher, and has made considerable improvement on the offensive end."

https://www.espn.com/recruiting/bas...ongue-no-43-espn-100-commits-washington-state

Most bigs are projects. Can't beat experience also more time in their mature body. Most aren't 7 feet tall when they are 14, they can grow into their early 20's.

Definitely a good pick up, and it's good that we have him locked in for a few years (without potential transfer penalty)

Last edited:
No waaaaaay. I thought we might get the San Jose big guy which would've been a good get for us but this is way more than I hoped for! Hope he plays well enough to earn minutes and contribute big!
Did he transfer to us! I see no news on him making a transfer decision.

I know I’m not alone in this sentiment but thank you Lobbybuu for making this board, the “Tark“ board interesting for us who are interested in hearing all things recruiting for us Rebels who don’t want to debate endlessly about political things and or Covid-19!

We love you Buu! Lol

No waaaaaay. I thought we might get the San Jose big guy which would've been a good get for us but this is way more than I hoped for! Hope he plays well enough to earn minutes and contribute big!
Adrame's potential is exciting. He was injured last season for a stretch but when he got some minutes his blocking was an insane 8.8% and a 2.6% steal rate. He only averaged about 6 minutes a game when he was healthy. A lot of potential and even some NBA scouts are keeping an eye on him for the future. I hope we have the staff to develop him and the food budget to fatten him up some.

Adrame's potential is exciting. He was injured last season for a stretch but when he got some minutes his blocking was an insane 8.8% and a 2.6% steal rate. He only averaged about 6 minutes a game when he was healthy. A lot of potential and even some NBA scouts are keeping an eye on him for the future. I hope we have the staff to develop him and the food budget to fatten him up some.
He will always be thin. At the end of the day, it’s about making your opponent play to their weaknesses.

My question is Kevin smart enough to realize he has to play more than 8 guys? He has the team to go 9-10 deep, hopefully keep legs from tiring out the last 10 minutes or so of the game. Not everybody has to get starter minutes but some relief minutes to keep the starters from getting to tired

My question is Kevin smart enough to realize he has to play more than 8 guys? He has the team to go 9-10 deep, hopefully keep legs from tiring out the last 10 minutes or so of the game. Not everybody has to get starter minutes but some relief minutes to keep the starters from getting to tired
This!

Well shut my mouth! Kruger recruited a C and a PG to UNLV… please send someone to check the temperature at the earths core stat!
Bro, it’s middle earth. The earth core theory is BS.

I know I’m not alone in this sentiment but thank you Lobbybuu for making this board, the “Tark“ board interesting for us who are interested in hearing all things recruiting for us Rebels who don’t want to debate endlessly about political things and or Covid-19!

We love you Buu! Lol
Lol its always all love!

Reactions: RebelMan5000
Yeah, I stand corrected. They did go out and recruit a top 100 player to be on the bench. Hotdamnn!
Yea you almost had me convinced that they would not get him, but he did have us as one of his top schools last year coming as a recruitment. Did not play much at Wash. ST. Sounds like his ready to learn from Cottrell and Boone, while getting some good back up minutes, which is a good thing for the next. I like the kids that want to learn so they can take it up a notch and start the next year. I hope he transitions well this year

It appears he can block shots and get some rebounds. If he can catch a pass and slam a dunk that’s all we should need. Any more is a plus. The question becomes “ will he be better than Muoka”?

He's way better than Muoka.

For those that don't know, he oozes NBA potential and I don't say that lightly. Still a bit raw but has taken a lot of strides the past two years. Needs 2 more years to develop but his wingspan and length and ability to alter shots makes him someone to watch out for.

He had over 65 schools contact him when he entered the portal

It appears he can block shots and get some rebounds. If he can catch a pass and slam a dunk that’s all we should need. Any more is a plus. The question becomes “ will he be better than Muoka”?
Kansas wanted him so I think that would be a good bet. I haven't read anything bad about the kid attitude-wise. Sounds like he's a hard worker and just wants a chance to earn his minutes. 6.3 mpg is pretty scant minutes for a 4-star 7-foot recruit so hopefully UNLV is the right spot for him!

Kansas wanted him so I think that would be a good bet. I haven't read anything bad about the kid attitude-wise. Sounds like he's a hard worker and just wants a chance to earn his minutes. 6.3 mpg is pretty scant minutes for a 4-star 7-foot recruit so hopefully UNLV is the right spot for him!
Bigs are rated more on potential than guards are. They also take longer to develop.

If the trouble in paradise is referring to Thomas not coming in this year I sure hope Kevin finds a serviceable pg otherwise we will be week at the most important position. We don't have anybody on the current squad that is a pg unless Hicks is better than most think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT