ADVERTISEMENT

I just cant. Can someone else??

Not much other than both coach and players said giving up 11 offensive rebounds and 23 points off them was the difference. This is 2nd year in a row that offensive rebounds have killed them. Could Karl Jones help them rebound better?

Rebounding is an art. Just because someone is tall and strong doesn't mean that will equate to rebounding prowess. But, IMO, at least 50% of the art of rebounding is the heated desire to get the ball. Not giving up in that last 1/2 second when the rebound is contested. That comes down to heart and grittiness and I haven't see a KK team that has grit.

If you had to name an identity for any KK team what would it be?

Reactions: j. spilotro
Rebounding is an art. Just because someone is tall and strong doesn't mean that will equate to rebounding prowess. But, IMO, at least 50% of the art of rebounding is the heated desire to get the ball. Not giving up in that last 1/2 second when the rebound is contested. That comes down to heart and grittiness and I haven't see a KK team that has grit.

We’ve had some great rebounders that don’t have rebounders bodies. Spare me that Warren was 6-6, 6-7, lots of people here know him and he MIGHT BE 6-4. All heart and hustle no matter the opponent or score.

Marion was a terrific rebounder and he was skinny as hell. Very wiry, great second jump but had a nose for the ball.

Odartey had the body of a 65 year old man with multiple surgeries, actually just really bad body shape. Because he non stop hustled and went for everything no matter what, it took its toll on his body. But he never stopped.

It is grit.

We have zero with a capital Z.

Rebounding and playing D is two words “want to” and if you are soft, you don’t want to! Kevin’s teams don’t have that mentality!

Reactions: bcvegaspt

Effort for sure.

Also some guys who aren't particularly big are good rebounder because they read the ball coming off the basket really well.

Rodman who was an amazing rebounder was always credited for his effort. (Deservedly so) But he had amazing timing and almost innate feel for how the ball would come off the the rim.

A bunch of my family members had talked about buying tickets for some of the basketball games a few weeks back, but the last couple of weeks have soured almost everyone to even wanting to go to a game.

How much more damage can the decisions of Desiree Reed-Francois and her box checked off hire do to UNLV? She makes millions by doing a really bad job at UNLV shows how incompetence is rewarded. Maybe we should all send her a thank you e-mail mizzouad@missouri.edu for her lazy hires at UNLV on her way out the door?

She certainly takes credit for everything at UNLV per her Mizz site (the following had very little to do with her and more to do with what was done by Sanchez and the new stadium:
An adept fundraiser, Reed-Francois led a $60-million development drive at UNLV, resulting in an $8-million estate gift, the largest estate gift in the school’s history. Football season ticket sales and premium revenue jumped by 200% and 70%, respectively, and Reed-Francois introduced a new apparel agreement with Nike.

Last edited:
We’ve had some great rebounders that don’t have rebounders bodies. Spare me that Warren was 6-6, 6-7, lots of people here know him and he MIGHT BE 6-4. All heart and hustle no matter the opponent or score.

Marion was a terrific rebounder and he was skinny as hell. Very wiry, great second jump but had a nose for the ball.

Odartey had the body of a 65 year old man with multiple surgeries, actually just really bad body shape. Because he non stop hustled and went for everything no matter what, it took its toll on his body. But he never stopped.

It is grit.

Rene rougeau

Reactions: butta1231

It is grit.

Spot on. Warren Rosegreen (my handle name) is not tall and I’ve played pickup ball against him. He is laser focused on the ball and elite at boxing out. You can’t beat him to the ball, instinctually he just knows where the ball goes and even if you got to the ball, he was strong enough to rip it out. Guy was a tank down low.

Guys like Warren are my favorite players to root for, they are glue guys and make the team give effort. Lou Amundson was another guy that was unheralded and wasn’t thought much of until he just out worked the opponent for rebounds etc.

Those guys deserved better teams, it’s unfortunate they were playing during the dark periods of the program.

This team is soft none of our bigs want to rebound, you can’t teach effort and will to get the ball. They either want to get dirty or not. The last decent rebounder we had was Juiston, and he bolted for Oregon.

I have a granddaughter playing BB in Montana. She gets twice the rebounds as the next best girl on the team. But she watches that basketball like a Labrador Retriever watches a tennis ball. She is relentless to the ball. KK should bring her down for a training session with the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT