ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question for 9/11

1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
Where were you when you see this? I just started work in Oregon when the TV came on. The TV replay over and over the first plane plunged into the South Tower. Then during watching replay, the camera went live to capture the second plane plunged in....

Worked graveyards at southern Nevada mental health services.:

It was a 10 bed crisis observation unit at the time.

Worked graveyards at southern Nevada mental health services.:

It was a 10 bed crisis observation unit at the time.
I want to thank all the veterans that given their lives to keep our country free. Thank you, Sirs!

So much lives were lost during the attack. And the war that follow. Why? You want to eat camels and live in the caves, do that man. Dont f*cking involves us. When you starting hurting innocent people for power is when the U.S. stepped in. Right now, Kim Jung Un is playing a dangerous game. He is traveling to Russia to support Putin? Send Dennis Rodman along.....

Last edited:
Was on my way to work when the first plane hit, heard it on the radio but it was mass confusion. Not a lot of confirmations at that time, just that there was disaster at WTC.

When I got to work and went through the break room; complete silence, all eyes on the TV. A little while later; the second plane hit.

I think people always remember where they were. When JFK was shot, when the Space Shuttle blew, when man walked on the moon … individually tailored for your personal favorite moments in sports, you knew where you were. Memories etched in stone forever.

Was on my way to work when the first plane hit, heard it on the radio but it was mass confusion. Not a lot of confirmations at that time, just that there was disaster at WTC.

When I got to work and went through the break room; complete silence, all eyes on the TV. A little while later; the second plane hit.

I think people always remember where they were. When JFK was shot, when the Space Shuttle blew, when man walked on the moon … individually tailored for your personal favorite moments in sports, you knew where you were. Memories etched in stone forever.
Absolutely, Joe. I was getting ready to take my son to school and my brother-in-law was watching the TV and says, "We're under attack." I still have the LVRJ from the next day.

I was only 3 when JFK got shot, but I still have a vivid memory of seeing the riderless horse with the boots backwards in the stirrups in the funeral procession on my folks old black and white TV.

I was 9 during the moon landing. We were supposed to go swimming at a special place that day we rarely got to go and I remember being anxious to leave, and why do we have to watch this space stuff anyway?

The Challenger disaster I was in the USAF and was working in the AF Electronic Warfare Center at Kelly AFB in San Antonio when the news came across. Total shock and disbelief.

Absolutely, Joe. I was getting ready to take my son to school and my brother-in-law was watching the TV and says, "We're under attack." I still have the LVRJ from the next day.

I was only 3 when JFK got shot, but I still have a vivid memory of seeing the riderless horse with the boots backwards in the stirrups in the funeral procession on my folks old black and white TV.

I was 9 during the moon landing. We were supposed to go swimming at a special place that day we rarely got to go and I remember being anxious to leave, and why do we have to watch this space stuff anyway?

The Challenger disaster I was in the USAF and was working in the AF Electronic Warfare Center at Kelly AFB in San Antonio when the news came across. Total shock and disbelief.
My bad Dave. I could have sworn you told me that you were on your honeymoon when JFK was shot.

My bad Dave. I could have sworn you told me that you were on your honeymoon when JFK was shot.
Of course I’m kidding. My parents got married the day after JFK was shot. They kept my mom surrounded by people, guarding against her knowing … It was difficult, but she didn’t know. I don’t think you could get away with that nowadays.

Reactions: RebelScrub
I was on our final FTX (field training exercise) in basic training at Ft Benning in GA. Gathered us all up, said we're going to war, went back to our FTX.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I turned the tv on after the first one not knowing until I turned the tv on that it had been hit and watched the 2nd one. I was living in LV at the time

Last Monday on 9/11 my flight to PHL had live TV so I watched more of the name readings at the memorial than I ever would have because I had a lot of time sitting on the plane to do so.

One thing that got me other than of course the reader who would talk about the loved one that they lost was when I’d see the ages. I was 31 at the time so when I’d see someone around that age that had died, I’d think of all that I’ve done in the last 22 years that they didn’t get to experience. Then I’d see someone whose age was around my age now 53 they would have been 75 today. So I’d think about everything I want to do in the next 22 years, probably similar to what they used to think about. When am I going to retire, what will I do with my new found time, etc. People die prematurely every day I get that. But in two quick moments 3,000 people minding their own business no longer had the opportunity to live the next 22 years like all of us did.

Was working about a mile north of the trade center on that day. After the attack, Manhattan was completely shut down - no cell service at all, and all access to the island (bridges and tunnels) was stopped until authorities could ascertain all threats were contained. Was finally able to speak to my wife around 2:00 pm, to let her know I was okay.

Seven hours or so later - around 4:00 pm - workers were allowed to leave the island - by foot only. Will never forget how quiet and solemn this normally bustling, aggressive city was on that walk over the bridge into Queens. NY'ers bonded together and many volunteered in any capacity to help dig through the rubble in the aftermath. The rebuild took a couple of years, but that area of the city rebounded well from the devastation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT