ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Hofstra

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Rated 3 spots better on KenPom. Have a super player scoring 23 per game with an unbelievable fade away jumper.

Hofstra by 5

Where is Hofstra ? I've heard of them but I can't remember where they are from.

WE should win right ? GEt em while ya can

Its going to be hard to muster up 5 or 6 wins in conference this year -

Reactions: LVRebel2000

It is a Jewish school. I remember looking down at them because they weren’t on our level. Cant remember if we played them

On Long Island just outside NY. They are in Uniondale. I lived in Farmingdale for a short time just a couple of miles away. Pretty nice area by NY standards. Most of the area built up post ww2.

Ya never know ???? Hofstra did beat the South Florida Bulls by 19

The Bulls Beat the FSU Seminoles by 16 - and FSU handled us easily (won by 8)

Seems like we play worse the less known the opponent is -
I’m just saying … being worried about some school named Hofstra at this point of Rebel history. This could be Bayno’s first year with half a squad and we really wouldn’t contemplate a loss. We might have actually lost … but we certainly wouldn’t be having discussions about possibly not winning.

What sucks about this game is you can’t “good win it” … you either win and it’s no big deal or you lose and it’s more gasoline to the fire.

Why exactly does Cottrell play what does he offer besides being embarrassingly taken off the dribble at least twice per game. He is the last one up the court on offense every possession. A rebound can hit him in the hands and he will half ass effort to grab it. Forget actually going after it. One of his own coaches said he is awful. What is the point, a body?

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I’m just saying … being worried about some school named Hofstra at this point of Rebel history. This could be Bayno’s first year with half a squad and we really wouldn’t contemplate a loss. We might have actually lost … but we certainly wouldn’t be having discussions about possibly not winning.

What sucks about this game is you can’t “good win it” … you either win and it’s no big deal or you lose and it’s more gasoline to the fire.
Didn’t Jay Wright cut his teeth at Hofstra? But I agree with your point, we shouldn’t be lamenting whether or not we can beat Hofstra.

Why exactly does Cottrell play what does he offer besides being embarrassingly taken off the dribble at least twice per game. He is the last one up the court on offense every possession. A rebound can hit him in the hands and he will half ass effort to grab it. Forget actually going after it. One of his own coaches said he is awful. What is the point, a body?
I don’t think he’s awful. He’s a big body that you’d prefer to be your 7th or 8th on a properly built team. He’s a lesser version of Matt Shaw.

Reactions: unlove
I don’t think he’s awful. He’s a big body that you’d prefer to be your 7th or 8th on a properly built team. He’s a lesser version of Matt Shaw.
He can shoot OK, but his rebounding effort is horrendous and defensively he’s pretty awful.

I'm pretty sure this is why we're getting more Whaley... Whaley is raw but at least his effort is there.

Whaley is figuring out how to get minutes. Scrappy "D", deflections and fight like hell for boards. Get garbage points off rebounds.
Exactly which is why I am so down on Cottrell he is much bigger no excuse for such a rebounding disparity except for it being all effort related. Whaley was hustling Cottrell looked like he was practicing. Whaley is one of those perfect 6/7th man who hustles off the bench you don’t need to design anything for him he gets it on his own. This was my first in person game and only saw one on tv so in my limited view that is how it looks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT