ADVERTISEMENT

Gilbert is outta here

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
Keshon just got ejected for headbutting a FUNR player. The headbutt was very light and I'm not sure if he even made contact. IMO, it was more like they were talking and Gilbert put his head forward.

He will be in the portal shortly.

Keshon just got ejected for headbutting a FUNR player. The headbutt was very light and I'm not sure if he even made contact. IMO, it was more like they were talking and Gilbert put his head forward.

He will be in the portal shortly.
Horrible mental mistake. Way to let them get to your head within the first 5 minutes…

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Very surprised with how we responded after the ejection and going cold. Seems like everyone is playing hard, something that we havent seen in a long time. Shoutout to walk-on Cam Burist. His length and energy is bothering Blackshear. Maybe he should have gotten more PT earlier in the year when we were missing Parquet.

Nowell needs to play with more urgency and look like he wants to be there to get more PT. I hope he develops that dog mentality this offseason.

Reactions: Trax0r
Very surprised with how we responded after the ejection and going cold. Seems like everyone is playing hard, something that we havent seen in a long time. Shoutout to walk-on Cam Burist. His length and energy is bothering Blackshear. Maybe he should have gotten more PT earlier in the year when we were missing Parquet.

Nowell needs to play with more urgency and look like he wants to be there to get more PT. I hope he develops that dog mentality this offseason.
I never heard of the guy until senior night..

If we win, he will be my favorite player.

He's Soph., averaging 12 pts, 4 Rebounds, and 3 Steals.

By his senior year he could easily be at 16pts and 5 Rebounds.

Just the kind of player we need to stay.
I hope that he becomes everything for us that we all hope that he can be. I truly mean that.

However, I don’t want to research his A:TO during MWC play, nor his assists per game. I already have it in my mind that he’s not a PG. Those numbers would cement it for me.

On to him playing the 2. I don’t want to look up his shooting percentages in MWC and his ppg in conference. Those numbers would tell me that he’s not a two.

He’s better on defense than McCabe but that doesn’t make him a lockdown defender. He is against the University of Dantley Walker but not against MWC opponents (from what I saw). Better than average, but not great. “He needs more time” and “he needs to see the floor more” will only lead to results that aren’t advantageous to CKK’s hope for a long tenure here (my opinion. Again, I hope I’m wrong as I’ve been many times before).

Reactions: lobbybuu
CKKs job is in zero danger today, and I have no reason to believe Gilbert is leaving.

Great win and effort by the team today in Reno

I hope that he becomes everything for us that we all hope that he can be. I truly mean that.

However, I don’t want to research his A:TO during MWC play, nor his assists per game. I already have it in my mind that he’s not a PG. Those numbers would cement it for me.

On to him playing the 2. I don’t want to look up his shooting percentages in MWC and his ppg in conference. Those numbers would tell me that he’s not a two.

He’s better on defense than McCabe but that doesn’t make him a lockdown defender. He is against the University of Dantley Walker but not against MWC opponents (from what I saw). Better than average, but not great. “He needs more time” and “he needs to see the floor more” will only lead to results that aren’t advantageous to CKK’s hope for a long tenure here (my opinion. Again, I hope I’m wrong as I’ve been many times before).
He'd be GREAT as a Gary Graham-type player who comes in off the bench, get us some points, play great defense and spell the starting point.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

I quickly glimpsed over at the UNLV website for the A:TO stats.

Complete season - 96:86 = 1.116

MWC season - 53:59 = 0.898

On the season he averaged 11.5 ppg. In MWC play, he averaged 9.889.

Steals - overall - 52 total divided by 30 games = 1.733/game. In MWC, 26 total divided by 18 games = 1.444.

Steals are a nice stat but he negates them by turning the ball over way more than a PG should. He's also not the scorer that some are making him out to be. As the level of competition increased, his efficacy and productivity took a dive as well.

Maybe he can be the backup PG, or the backup to the backup, but he shouldn't start for a team wanting to win at a higher level.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I quickly glimpsed over at the UNLV website for the A:TO stats.

Complete season - 96:86 = 1.116

MWC season - 53:59 = 0.898

On the season he averaged 11.5 ppg. In MWC play, he averaged 9.889.

Steals - overall - 52 total divided by 30 games = 1.733/game. In MWC, 26 total divided by 18 games = 1.444.

Steals are a nice stat but he negates them by turning the ball over way more than a PG should. He's also not the scorer that some are making him out to be. As the level of competition increased, his efficacy and productivity took a dive as well.

Maybe he can be the backup PG, or the backup to the backup, but he shouldn't start for a team wanting to win at a higher level.
Absolutely we would be much better off if he stays.

He should be a # 2 guard, not the point. If the point is his "dream" then he should occasionally play point behind two newly recruited point guards - a primary and a backup. If he blossoms, then allow him to play more.

And if he goes it should be his decision. We can't afford to toss away a sophomore who is 2nd in scoring, third in rebounds, and first in steals.

Reactions: AnthemRebel
Absolutely we would be much better off if he stays.

He should be a # 2 guard, not the point. If the point is his "dream" then he should occasionally play point behind two newly recruited point guards - a primary and a backup. If he blossoms, then allow him to play more.

And if he goes it should be his decision. We can't afford to toss away a sophomore who is 2nd in scoring, third in rebounds, and first in steals.
If he’s okay being a backup 2, then I’m fine with him staying. He won’t be, though. He won’t even be happy being the starting 2. He thinks he’s a one. We can all see differently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT