ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFF TOPIC Future ACC school fires HC after 2 years, improved by 10 wins in second season

Will Wade is the reason. I believe. Rumors he will be the next HC.

Exactly. They're investing hundreds of millions into getting into the ACC, so I'm sure they are not wanting to wait around to see if he's going to work out or not.
If you are paying that much to advance, you cannot settle for mediocrity. I understand the move.

Plus … loyalty isn’t a think anymore, it’s not even an admirable trait anymore (I still admire it). (In general) Players aren’t loyal to coaches, coaches aren’t loyal to players, players aren’t loyal to schools and vice versa, coaches aren’t loyal to schools … so why should a school be loyal to the coach?

Again, I don’t advocate it … at all. Any of this current mess. But with it being the way it is, you have to play on that field.

In the very, very, very end … fans are the ones to get screwed by all these actions and reactions.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
If you are paying that much to advance, you cannot settle for mediocrity. I understand the move.

Plus … loyalty isn’t a think anymore, it’s not even an admirable trait anymore (I still admire it). (In general) Players aren’t loyal to coaches, coaches aren’t loyal to players, players aren’t loyal to schools and vice versa, coaches aren’t loyal to schools … so why should a school be loyal to the coach?

Again, I don’t advocate it … at all. Any of this current mess. But with it being the way it is, you have to play on that field.

In the very, very, very end … fans are the ones to get screwed by all these actions and reactions.
Agreed. I hate what college sports has become.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
This is just spit balling here, but...

-SMU is desperate to make it to the big time.
-Kentucky has been a shell of their former selves in basketball, losing early in all recent NCAA tourneys. A lot of people are calling for Calipari to be fired, but they signed him to a huge contract that has a $33 million buyout.
-SMU has a boatload of money.

What if they went to Kentucky and offered to pay his whole buyout if he agreed to sign a contract with SMU?

• Wow
This is just spit balling here, but...

-SMU is desperate to make it to the big time.
-Kentucky has been a shell of their former selves in basketball, losing early in all recent NCAA tourneys. A lot of people are calling for Calipari to be fired, but they signed him to a huge contract that has a $33 million buyout.
-SMU has a boatload of money.

What if they went to Kentucky and offered to pay his whole buyout if he agreed to sign a contract with SMU?
Will Wade is younger and relates to kids better. I would not be surprised if Kentucky is eyeing Wade.

When we talk to our kids, we find out that loyalty in a job no longer exist, because they think nothing of moving from job to job any time they can make more money. It has worked very well for my older son who has a very nice salary because he keeps jumping from job to job, and make a much better paycheck than most Ivy League graduates who are older than him, and he hasn't even finished his degree yet.

In reality there should be no loyalty to a company anymore, since I learned the hard way that they second things slow down you are gone the next day, which is why I went out on my own back in the mid 90's.

Now both sides know that it is your job to look at for yourself and nobody else. The current Motto: It is just business, nothing personal!

look whatever GIF by South Park

Before I retired, when I actively hired employees, one of my top considerations was how many jobs did the prospective employee have? More than three in five years was a large negative.

Before I retired, when I actively hired employees, one of my top considerations was how many jobs did the prospective employee have? More than three in five years was a large negative.
When I see that … I think everything is either a stepping stone or they are faking it and getting out one step ahead of the posse. I agree that it’s a terrible look.

Reactions: unlove
That isn't the world of the current generations. That is how I started off, and I found those who jumped a lot ended up doing much better in my field of work. Typically in Land development engineers, architects, designers, surveyors, etc. who stay at the same companies would see no raise or a small raise each year, while those who jump around ended up making far more. One of the last straws for me before I opened up my own company was when I found out people with less experience than I had and far less abilities would be hired at a higher pay rate because the company needed additional staff, but that would never lead to a raise for those already existing employees.

If a headhunter calls me its pretty standard that a competing company would have to give me at least a 10-20% raise, a signing bonus and stock to get me to leave. Most companies arent giving 10-20% annual merit increases to their current employees.

Its just the way it is, so my thought when I was younger was chase the money, now that Im established and very comfortable financially a bump in salary to make a move isnt nearly as high up the list of reasons to leave.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT