ADVERTISEMENT

FINALLY!

Yeah the court design fad that became a craze over the past 10 or so years throughout the country needs to go. Just too much and ugly to look at

• Love
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Waiting for boyzee to paint their court blue.

So, what is our new court design going to look like?

I don't know if this is true or a rumor. Haven't seen anything from a reputable source.
I got an email from UNLV about the open practice and that there was a new home court design.

“All are welcome to attend this free event, and fans will be able to get a first look at the new basketball court design inside the Thomas & Mack Center. In addition, fans will be able to get autographs from the Runnin' Rebels at the conclusion.”

The one I saw had the UNLV arch with the Hey Reb face on it, so I'm pretty sure that was a fake lol.

I didn't hate the cityscape silhouette at first, but I am more than over it at this point.

Going to an almost gray would grain? That could be pretty dope.

Yeah that is good news. That skyline is awfu and distracting watching a game like oregons trees and csu’s Ram horns. Be cool to have it cleaned up.

Open practice this Saturday at 11 am? I wonder if they finish with the new design by then?

Some people like the changes, I guess. There's something to be said about traditional.

The 50K sideways ampersand on Thomas & Mack that lived for 3 hours was a disaster, how that passed through any committee is beyond me. Same with the super ugly, incoherent, instructions included spirit mark of that lame Ruby eyed Jabba The Hutt looking thing - some people actually liked it, but those are the type that think everything UNLV does is peachy keen, groovy, far out man. This ugly flooring is up there, a complete eye sore, I don't care if it's keeping up with the newest trends or whatever. And the same can be said about dumping our iconic mascot (even though I don't like the Roid Reb, prefer the older versions).

I don't like advertising on the court, either, but school needs to make money somehow and you sort of have to cave to that a bit. But it can be done with a clean design.

Some people like the changes, I guess. There's something to be said about traditional.

The 50K sideways ampersand on Thomas & Mack that lived for 3 hours was a disaster, how that passed through any committee is beyond me. Same with the super ugly, incoherent, instructions included spirit mark of that lame Ruby eyed Jabba The Hutt looking thing - some people actually liked it, but those are the type that think everything UNLV does is peachy keen, groovy, far out man. This ugly flooring is up there, a complete eye sore, I don't care if it's keeping up with the newest trends or whatever. And the same can be said about dumping our iconic mascot (even though I don't like the Roid Reb, prefer the older versions).

I don't like advertising on the court, either, but school needs to make money somehow and you sort of have to cave to that a bit. But it can be done with a clean design.
Funny about that Hey Reb Redesign. I didn't have a problem with it. But I could see the Hey Reb from the very beginning, I didn't need a chart to figure things out. Obviously not everyone could, and that is a sign that it is not a good logo. What's funny you see a Jabba the hut, and I just cannot see it. maybe the scarf being his mouth or a fat fold? So I can relate somewhat, because I just can't see it. But the font on the actual "UNLV" was absolute dogsh!t.

As for the "Roid Reb". The true Roid Reb only existed a few years (maybe one). Now our mascot kept the roided nature of that one design so that kept it alive I guess. Which makes some sense as a mascot, I guess they didn't have to add the Hanz and Franz muscles. However the logo itself wasn't "roided" just because it was just his head. And he always had that very pronounced chin.

UNLV-Rebels-Logo-history-440x500.png

Last edited:
so much racism in this post.

83-97 is easily the best. A week doesn’t pass by when I look online for vintage UNLV gear to wear to games. I’ve built up quite a stache #punintended
That's what we won with, therefore, it's the best. Period.

the 17-18 looks like Jabba is looking at us, to me. But the point is, it shouldn't be up for interpretation. Sometimes some cool things can be added for nuance, a special touch, but that thing looks like a kid threw up his crayons. A glance is supposed to tell you who it represents, a decoder ring not required.

Change isn't always good and for UNLV, it's nearly always going backwards when they do change.

That's what we won with, therefore, it's the best. Period.

the 17-18 looks like Jabba is looking at us, to me. But the point is, it shouldn't be up for interpretation. Sometimes some cool things can be added for nuance, a special touch, but that thing looks like a kid threw up his crayons. A glance is supposed to tell you who it represents, a decoder ring not required.

Change isn't always good and for UNLV, it's nearly always going backwards when they do change.
Yeah. When you need someone to point out 'there, that's the mustache!' your design has got issues.

Yeah. When you need someone to point out 'there, that's the mustache!' your design has got issues.
I’m surprised UNLV didn’t stick with it though. Since it sucked so badly. Four fans liked it. And four fans wanted Hey Reb massacred. So I am surprised.

I can’t imagine that thing passing through a committee with yays. What a waste of time and it was a bird turd embarrassment. I said “WTF is this thing” the first moment I saw it. And it got worse from there because the explaining made it worse.

I’m surprised UNLV didn’t stick with it though. Since it sucked so badly. Four fans liked it. And four fans wanted Hey Reb massacred. So I am surprised.

I can’t imagine that thing passing through a committee with yays. What a waste of time and it was a bird turd embarrassment. I said “WTF is this thing” the first moment I saw it. And it got worse from there because the explaining made it worse.
At one time they had a campaign to remove the logo that had thousand of people signed on to it. The biggest kill for the logo is that UNLV swag sales of the new logo dropped 80%+. The stores either heavily discounted or sent back anything with the new logo.

Yeah, that logo was embarrassing.

At one time they had a campaign to remove the logo that had thousand of people signed on to it. The biggest kill for the logo is that UNLV swag sales of the new logo dropped 80%+. The stores either heavily discounted or sent back anything with the new logo.
I don’t like anything with any newer logos on it. Prefer just the lettering now. I do have some stuff, gifts and such. But have never consciously purchased anything with Roid Reb and certainly not JabbaReb. I wouldn’t gift that thing to my worst enemy.

The school has done a lot of embarrassing things. I don’t know where that fits in the hierarchy of never ending screw ups.

It’s akin to that stupid Raise the Bobby promotion many years back. It was so cheesy and cringy.

Reactions: Rebel1986
so much racism in this post.

83-97 is easily the best. A week doesn’t pass by when I look online for vintage UNLV gear to wear to games. I’ve built up quite a stache #punintended
I would chose that one too follow by the 75-77 one...love that one. Mountaineer alone, off the grid stuff.

I would chose that one too follow by the 75-77 one...love that one. Mountaineer alone, off the grid stuff.
I’m not used to it, but I like it as well. They’re original. It does have a redneck Jed Clampett feel to it.

I just see a tremendous difference between a loner mountain man and a confederate soldier.

And I do like the backdrop of us Rebelling against the school up north. It’s a good tale. And it has nothing to do with the civil war.

I don’t like anything with any newer logos on it. Prefer just the lettering now. I do have some stuff, gifts and such. But have never consciously purchased anything with Roid Reb and certainly not JabbaReb. I wouldn’t gift that thing to my worst enemy.

The school has done a lot of embarrassing things. I don’t know where that fits in the hierarchy of never ending screw ups.

It’s akin to that stupid Raise the Bobby promotion many years back. It was so cheesy and cringy.
That reminds me, I won the 6 foot subway party sub one year at the T&M. I had forgotten about that until you mentioned the Bobby.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Happy to see it's more traditional. I really like the 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS along the side. Would be nice to get one that also says 2025 nationals champs on the other side 😁

Nice looking, simple, court

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT