ADVERTISEMENT

Fast Forward

rebel5280

Rebel Legend
Feb 26, 2006
Can we just fast forward to the 2nd week in March?
This team sucks and Kevin needs to be fired NOW!
Kevin should take out a full page ad in the local newspaper, apologizing to DJ Thomas and his family for wasting a year of his college career!

Kevin should take out a full page ad in the local newspaper, apologizing to DJ Thomas and his family for wasting a year of his college career!
He and the Krugers should be apologising to the tax payers. UNLV is up by a few points but daaaamn ....

Reactions: s89103
They were up by 14 at the half and lost the lead by the 17 minute mark of the 2nd half. I still think regardless of what else happens the rest of this season, Kevin needs to be let go at the end of the year!

Don’t know that DJ is wasting it. He’s being showcased and putting up terrific numbers.

And we crushed them. Now we can get off the fire Kruger bandwagon and talk extensions to save the incoming class.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Don’t know that DJ is wasting it. He’s being showcased and putting up terrific numbers.

And we crushed them
. Now we can get off the fire Kruger bandwagon and talk extensions to save the incoming class.
Can't we just leave it there?

No one wants to extend Kruger right now. But can't we just feel a little good when this team doesn't suck?

Hofstra isn't a great name, but they were invited to the NIT last year and won a game. We haven't been good enough to be invited to the NIT in 10 years.

This win doesn't tell the world we are great, because it didn't. But it is at least a sign of progress within this season. Improved defense, rebounding, and shared the ball better on offense.

Kruger won't get fired before the end of the season because he shouldn't. It could be nice to be able to talk about this season without incessant fire Kruger talk or how no one cares.

Not many care, but this is a fan site, and the few that are left may actually want to talk about the games themselves.

Maybe it's just me?

No one wants to extend Kruger right now. But can't we just feel a little good when this team doesn't suck?

Hofstra isn't a great name, but they were invited to the NIT last year and won a game. We haven't been good enough to be invited to the NIT in 10 years.

This win doesn't tell the world we are great, because it didn't. But it is at least a sign of progress within this season. Improved defense, rebounding, and shared the ball better on offense.

Kruger won't get fired before the end of the season because he shouldn't. It could be nice to be able to talk about this season without incessant fire Kruger talk or how no one cares.

Not many care, but this is a fan site, and the few that are left may actually want to talk about the games themselves.

Maybe it's just me?
We can talk about the game. We beat a very mediocre team as we should have. We will win the next two handily because, well, can we be frank or just we candy coat the next two wins and fall them formidable?

Not a lot of analysis. It wasn’t pretty basketball. We shot it pretty well. DJ is a great freshman.

We can talk about the game. We beat a very mediocre team as we should have. We will win the next two handily because, well, can we be frank or just we candy coat the next two wins and fall them formidable?

Not a lot of analysis. It wasn’t pretty basketball. We shot it pretty well. DJ is a great freshman.
Games will be ugly, because that's how we play.
Offense won't be too dynamic, but at least we are spaced better and sharing the ball better. Also taking better shots. Also a few more transition buckets.
Defensively, we are finally scaling back how much we switch, even on ball screens. Which makes us less predictable. We also really slowed down their main scorer.
Mediocre? Maybe. But again, their last year was better than any of our last 10. The equivalent would be a middle to lower power school. And they probably aren't as good as they were last season. Not great, but a solid win.

The next 2 won't prepare us for SDSU, that's for sure.

Maybe it's just me?
They got an autobid to the NIT because they were conference regular season champions who lost in their conference tournament.

I would say we need DJ to drive it more and kick. When he drives it seems his focus is on scoring. It he drove all the time he could mix it up more.
No, better guys around him!
DJ knows what he is doing everyone else is a game to game type of situation and we don’t know what we are getting from anyone else consistently! I mean Kalib freaking Boone looked like something against Kalkbrenner and did nothing but foul out against Saxxon and he’s supposed to be one of our better players?!!!

Jrs family knew exactly what they were getting into.

HIs freshman year- its probably playing out more like "what they imagined" and less like "what you imagined". KK doesn't owe anybody an apology - except for..... to maybe you or some of the other fans who are butthurt.

DJ isn't on a team with a ton of leadership -Nor competition- Nor a whole lot of talent on this team. Knowing that going into the season I can't imagine he was really expecting a whole lot of success....Its not like Kevin had a track record or anything for success - That's probably NOT what they were looking for when they chose UNLV anyways. When its all said and done DJ is going to probably make a few million bucks playing bball, I mean after all- He surrounds himself with pros in the game who have real insight and perspective - I doubt they are surprised at all

Last edited:

Maybe it's just me?
Just you

Reactions: s89103
At the St. Marys game I sat next to a scout for the Spurs, they like DJ’s skills but his size is a concern. He liked the guard from Santa Barbara.

Jrs family knew exactly what they were getting into.

HIs freshman year- its probably playing out more like "what they imagined" and less like "what you imagined". KK doesn't owe anybody an apology - except for..... to maybe you or some of the other fans who are butthurt.

DJ isn't on a team with a ton of leadership -Nor competition- Nor a whole lot of talent on this team. Knowing that going into the season I can't imagine he was really expecting a whole lot of success....Its not like Kevin had a track record or anything for success - That's probably NOT what they were looking for when they chose UNLV anyways. When its all said and done DJ is going to probably make a few million bucks playing bball, I mean after all- He surrounds himself with pros in the game who have real insight and perspective - I doubt they are surprised at all
DJ‘s play was not the point of my post it’s the play of the the guys around him that is what I was talking about and those guys are here recruited by Kevin and Co. As for your other comments if your in the Kevin has to go camp, we agree but all the other stuff I did not care to read!

Last edited:
DJ‘s play was not the point of my post it’s the play of the the guys around him that is what I was talking about and those guys are here recruited by Kevin and Co. As for your other comments if your in the Kevin has to go camp, we agree but all the other stuff I did not care to read!

I see now
you weren't serious
Saying that KK owes DJ Thomas family a full page ad apology is just Silly. I get it now _ you were just trying to make a point that KK needs to go and get fired

I think we all agree -

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT