ADVERTISEMENT

Ex-Rebel signs with Pittsburgh

The fact there are no Rebels drafted for like 14 years, lets you know how far we have fallen off!
I hope Odom can change us to be like Houston Christian and have at least one guy get to the league by hearing his name called at the NFL draft!

The fact there are no Rebels drafted for like 14 years, lets you know how far we have fallen off!
I hope Odom can change us to be like Houston Christian and have at least one guy get to the league by hearing his name called at the NFL draft!
Frank Summers back in ‘09. Anyone else?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Is there a record for a division 1 team to not have a player drafted to the NFL?

Joshua Cephus UTSA WR had over 1000 yards receiving this last season and was an UDFA, so there is no guarantee for White even though he has been good here!

Yeah agreed. DeVante Davis put up similiar numbers to White (you could argue better) and also was an UDFA.

To be fair injuries played a part in him not getting drafted.

Definitely had NFL size at 6'3 215..

In 2013, Davis caught 87 passes for 1,290 yards,[4] and set a UNLV record with 14 touchdown receptions.

I think White will get drafted but it may not be nearly as high as people might anticipate.

Reactions: dcut03
Yeah agreed. DeVante Davis put up similiar numbers to White (you could argue better) and also was an UDFA.

To be fair injuries played a part in him not getting drafted.

Definitely had NFL size at 6'3 215..

In 2013, Davis caught 87 passes for 1,290 yards,[4] and set a UNLV record with 14 touchdown receptions.

I think White will get drafted but it may not be nearly as high as people might anticipate.
Didn't Davis have a drop in production his senior year? Did he get hurt? I thought for sure he was destined for the NFL at one point.

As for White? It looks like he will get drafted. He doesn't wow you an any particular way. Fast, but not a burner, not great size at least not enough to be a possession jump ball receiver.

It will be hard to have a season as good as last year, especially with a better receiver opposite of him. Also if we run the ball better/more. It is possible, but definitely not guaranteed.

How he fairs against the better teams in the schedule may dictate that.

I can see White's catches and total yards going down. But, ypc and TD's going up. Also hoping that whoever the new starting QB is, he will be better at reading defenses before the snap. I thought he was great, but Maiva made a lot of mistakes in that area.

Didn't Davis have a drop in production his senior year? Did he get hurt? I thought for sure he was destined for the NFL at one point.
At one point late in their college careers, I would have been a hefty sum that Devante Davis would have been the better pro than Davante Adams.

I can't remember... was Devonte Boyd a freshman during Davis senior year? If that's the case, that would explain why Davis had lower numbers. Another solid target to find downfield

Reactions: LVRebel2000
At one point late in their college careers, I would have been a hefty sum that Devante Davis would have been the better pro than Davante Adams.

I can't remember... was Devonte Boyd a freshman during Davis senior year? If that's the case, that would explain why Davis had lower numbers. Another solid target to find downfield

He was injured part of that year.

Reactions: j. spilotro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT