ADVERTISEMENT

Drmic Out

Originally posted by the Florian Trout:
that's unfortunate, but i hate that coach more than any other in the league.

i don't think it's funny, but i wonder if he did it while flopping?
I "love" when people say, "I'd rather play a team at 100% then..." Not me. I'd rather win and if a team is missing one of their best players then lucky us.

I'm sorry that Drmic is injured and I hope he can recover but I'm glad the Boise State game got a little (albeit slight) easier.

This is bad for the league as a whole to have one of its best players out. I wish we could "add" a healthy Drmic to every MWC team's roster. It would strengthen our conference. This is too bad.

Now if the question is whether I'd like him to just miss games against us, then absolutely!

Conference needs players like him. You want other teams to have good players. Don't understand those that say Id rather play against teams in the conf without their best players. So what do you want? MWC to just have there walk ons play so we can win? Drmic got some national recognition and appeal. Not saying he was a household name lol but, every little bit helps the conf. All this talk of how weak the MWC is and how they don't play anyone in non conference: makes no sense for fan bases to hope the other teams best players get hurt or can't play.

No it is not. Why you said it is however. Somebody on a UNLV message board posts that he is one of the top players in the conference and you take it as fact. There are many better players in the league, he is just a good senior starter.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I've already given up hope that the MWC will get any respect, so all I care about is UNLV. If the Rebels win their games, they'll make the NCAA tourney, if Drmic being out helps the Rebels sweep Boise and in turn helps the Rebs make the tourney, then good for us. Teams in the past including UNLV have already shown that being in a weak conference wont stop you from making it to the Final Four, so I couldn't care less about SDSU, UNM, Boise or anyone else in the conference, in fact I'm praying that UNLV will get invited to join a bigger, better conference so we don't have to root for our enemies because we think it will somehow make our team better.

A couple years ago the MWC got 5 teams in the tourney, so the conference was really good that year, but how did that help anyone? It didn't, all the teams got bounced early.

To the person above who doesn't agree with my comment that Anthony Drmic is one of the best players in the MWC, how do you substantiate that comment given that he is a two-time Second Team All-MWC? He made it as a sophomore and as a junior. That generically means that he was likely somewhere between the #6 and #10 best player in the MWC both as a sophomore and as a junior.

Hence my comment that he is one of the best players in the MWC. I didn't say he was the second coming of Michael Jordan or LeBron James. He is a great player whose absence brings down the overall strength of the MWC which is why it sucks that he's out for the rest of the year.

Drmic is average at best. Hes experienced and can shoot. Thats it. Poor defender and poor athlete. Hes overrated just like Boise St is every year

He is a good player. I am not trying to doubt or correct your post, just that because you made that post he used it as ab example of how our conference is weak.

The conference isn't that good, that is just a fact IMO. All I was saying was it wasn't a good example of trying to paint a picture of how goos the conference is.

You can make as many posts about me as you want. You disagreeing with me is a badge of honor.

As long as you do though, please stop complaining and whining when I post about you. Can you do that?

I said in the other thread we will start talking bball and for you to start since you think I know nothing about basketball. So since you can't start it off why did we lose this game?

Forst off, I already answered that question in a different thread.

Second, I am sure most of the other people on this board are sick and tired of seeing us go back and forth. I have already tried talking basketball with you, it never works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT