ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Kevin Kruger

When he played for the Rebels it was commonly known and said that he was like having a coach on the floor. I think he has what it takes. He will be able to keep most of the guys here that he wants to stay. Recruiting efforts need to step up now.

• The players he's able to get in

UNLV has a bulldozer on standby.
    tenor.gif

I looked forward into time. To view - alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming season with coach Kevin Kruger at the helm. I saw 14,000,605 permutations. We only failed once.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Hiring KK as HC is going to resurrect this program. I am very optimistic about this!

Listen, I knew our last two hirings were horrible. I said as much. So I don’t blindly support and think everything that we do is the best thing ever. I do, however, think that this will bring us back!
Kevin has been a assistant for only five years. I expect a lot of mistakes and first time coaching errors. Will that be enough to survive unlv? Without his dad being AD we’ll see.

I looked forward into time. To view - alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming season with coach Kevin Kruger at the helm. I saw 14,000,605 permutations. We only failed once.
Those were the same odds Thanos had and he failed. You sir just jinxed us.

I smoked some Jack Herer strain today and thought about it.

Guys, we are so bad as a basketball program.

do you guys realize we’ve fallen off the map.

KK should be announcing which 5 star recruit is coming to Vegas. That’s all that matters. He needs to land a game changing PG in year 1

Has anyone heard who else they interviewed for the job? You mean to tell me that a guy with no head coaching experience beats out all these candidates! If he doesn't have the last name you know that he doesn't get the gig! How can she say that, come on man! She cut the coaches salary in half and gets all that buyout money, clearly she is worried about showing she is doing good with athletic budget cause her contract is up I believe next year!

If you take her for her word and that his last name didn't get him the job then you mean to tell me that we are that bad that we have to hire a guy with no head coaching, come on man! She is clearly selling out our basketball program for her job security! She has already tried to leave for a p5 job and I think based on her actions of this hire she doesn't want to be here! At the press conference she spoke for a couple of minutes and didn't take any questions, sad!

Don't get me wrong, I want Kevin to do good here but he should have got some coaching experience at a smaller school first then we would hire him down the road! I mean he says it's his dream, it's not like it would be hard to hire him! Man I hope I'm wrong and he does good

Is there any brother combos out there? Hire their dad? Has worked a few times. Look at USC!

Has anyone heard who else they interviewed for the job? You mean to tell me that a guy with no head coaching experience beats out all these candidates! If he doesn't have the last name you know that he doesn't get the gig! How can she say that, come on man! She cut the coaches salary in half and gets all that buyout money, clearly she is worried about showing she is doing good with athletic budget cause her contract is up I believe next year!
That media quote says “considered.” I don’t believe for a second there were any interviews. We considered pat Riley. We considered pop. We considered the tainted ghost of joe paterno. But in the end, we decided to hire from within.

smoke and mirrors. 14-17 candidates isn’t a definitive number of people contacted. It’s an estimated number of considerations. All of whom never received a call from unlv.

it was always going to be Kevin’s job. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Personally, I’m higher on this hire than I was on any of the others since Lon left. But if anyone at unlv had any idea of how to do their jobs, they wouldn’t have been hiring a new coach every 2 years. Here’s to hoping for a competent AD in the near future as well.

That media quote says “considered.” I don’t believe for a second there were any interviews. We considered pat Riley. We considered pop. We considered the tainted ghost of joe paterno. But in the end, we decided to hire from within.

smoke and mirrors. 14-17 candidates isn’t a definitive number of people contacted. It’s an estimated number of considerations. All of whom never received a call from unlv.

it was always going to be Kevin’s job. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Personally, I’m higher on this hire than I was on any of the others since Lon left. But if anyone at unlv had any idea of how to do their jobs, they wouldn’t have been hiring a new coach every 2 years. Here’s to hoping for a competent AD in the near future as well.

i look at this hire and think to myself no doubt he knows the x's and o's. can he recruit and develop though? those are equally/bigger pieces of d1 coaching. those are big question marks that refrain from me getting super excited about this. hopeful yes, confident and excited no

Reactions: 76RunninRebel
"14-17" I thought that was the coaching record for the other candidate she may have looked at . She is so full of shit. This one was mailed in. DSF knows damn well the catastrophes that happened the last couple searches. They can't even play ball anymore....it's embarrassing !!! They just wanted to get it over as quick as possible !!

i look at this hire and think to myself no doubt he knows the x's and o's. can he recruit and develop though? those are equally/bigger pieces of d1 coaching. those are big question marks that refrain from me getting super excited about this. hopeful yes, confident and excited no
recruiting is Kevin's thing. no need to worry about that part.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
"14-17" I thought that was the coaching record for the other candidate she may have looked at . She is so full of shit. This one was mailed in. DSF knows damn well the catastrophes that happened the last couple searches. They can't even play ball anymore....it's embarrassing !!! They just wanted to get it over as quick as possible !!
she has been bailed out by ISU and the AD's love for his boy Otz.

recruiting is Kevin's thing. no need to worry about that part.

if thats the case the chances of this working put increase alot.

i am more thrilled about lon being on staff though.
have them build the program and then dammit hang onto him!!!
i couldnt believe unlv didnt pony up to keep lon the first time around

Reactions: mrodius
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT