ADVERTISEMENT

Brooklyn Hicks

Stez

Walk On
Dec 12, 2023
I have always been high on Hicks and the game seems to be slowing down for him game by game. His 8 minutes last night vs UNM were electric and I love the energy he plays with. Would y’all like to see CKK give him more minutes these next couple of games over someone like JJ3? I’m tired of see the DJ and JJ3 lineup we are way too small and JJ3 shoots the ball almost every time he touches it (mostly deep 3’s or contested layups that he barley makes)

Reactions: UNLVbro
I have always been high on Hicks and the game seems to be slowing down for him game by game. His 8 minutes last night vs UNM were electric and I love the energy he plays with. Would y’all like to see CKK give him more minutes these next couple of games over someone like JJ3? I’m tired of see the DJ and JJ3 lineup we are way too small and JJ3 shoots the ball almost every time he touches it (mostly deep 3’s or contested layups that he barley makes)
I understand you POV but your stats aren't right. "Mostly deep three's and contested Layups he barely makes) Let's look at the numbers. JJ's average shooting percentages are better than Hicks. JJ shoots an average 44% total and 41% from three. - Hicks shoots 42% and 40%) The rest of their averages are very similar except average steals where JJ has three times the rate of Brooklyn.

JJ runs hot and cold and he knows it. If he's not hitting then he concentrates on defense. If he is hitting then you see him try to load it up. Hicks is doing an excellent job learning the College game. He's advancing quickly. IF he keeps it up he may eclipse JJ toward the end of the year. But he isn't there yet.

Jackie seems more controlled this year and I’ve enjoyed his play. I also don’t necessarily think it’s bad idea having him in with DJ with the full court press. He’s just as capable of getting it down the court which helps.

Love Brooklyn though. I think he has the potential to develop nicely and become a rotation piece whether it’s this year or next.

The premise of Hicks vs JJ3 is invalid. Both need to see more PT. Both actually play defense with effort which can't be said for several others. Last game had great rotations and allocation of PT and it showed.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT