ADVERTISEMENT

Brace yourself

Yeah I don't see much of a path for basketball to recover. What good is a top coach if there isn't money to keep or get players?
It’s amazing what a good coach (hope and winning) attracts resource wise. You have to spend money to attract and make money. It has to start with the coach and everything else falls into place.

That’s the way I see it happening. Harken back to the Tark hire in 1973.

It’s amazing what a good coach (hope and winning) attracts resource wise. You have to spend money to attract and make money. It has to start with the coach and everything else falls into place.

There is a reason to be optimistic next year if Dedan returns and they get Jefferson and or Pop. So if no one will step up for NIL to get those guys I’m not convinced having a better coach will change things. A better coach can get more out of his players than KK but still think we will be a feeder program with little other than the periodic rare success.

It starts higher up that the coach. WHEN A bunch of power people with money find it feasible to invest - they align with politicians and regents in the state University System including & all the way up to the Governor. When they ALL want to win and spend MONEY then they get a good coach -

It starts higher up that the coach. WHEN A bunch of power people with money find it feasible to invest - they align with politicians and regents in the state University System including & all the way up to the Governor. When they ALL want to win and spend MONEY then they get a good coach -
So that settles it we are getting a NEW HC!

Im glad this situation was rectified. Things changed in the last 48 hours. There is no rumor without actual smoke.
There was enough smoke that a Houston fan came on here to gloat multiple times.. so while some might call it rumormongering and blame those that started it for create chaos and division, there was enough there that fan came on to gloat

Im glad this situation was rectified. Things changed in the last 48 hours. There is no rumor without actual smoke.
We all get information that is 100% accurate at that moment but does a 180 degree turn the very next day.

Very glad that this is one of those times!

Thank you for sharing everything that you can!

We all get information that is 100% accurate at that moment but does a 180 degree turn the very next day.

Very glad that this is one of those times!

Thank you for sharing everything that you can!
You have a player of value at UNLV’s level, there’s going to always be smoke. I’m sure other people heard of smoke since conference play.

This will be the rule going forward. If they can play, they’ll be courted.

There was enough smoke that a Houston fan came on here to gloat multiple times.. so while some might call it rumormongering and blame those that started it for create chaos and division, there was enough there that fan came on to gloat
“Nate” is getting roasted, tarred and feathered over on the coog board.

Quite amusing, I like their fanbase.

Good to hear that! Any details that can be shared as to what happened and what changed him back?
Tbh I have no information on what actually happened and caused the switcheroo. One thing I am concerned about is why this needed to happen for the necessary things and steps to occur for DJ to stay. Measures should have been taken to make him happy and cater to him and the program as a whole.

Tbh I have no information on what actually happened and caused the switcheroo. One thing I am concerned about is why this needed to happen for the necessary things and steps to occur for DJ to stay. Measures should have been taken to make him happy and cater to him and the program as a whole.
Yeah, even if it was a warning shot across Krugers bow for recruiting, how are you not looking at your roster and trying to get as many talented pieces that he wants around him. If he wants someone that's available and within your $ability to get, you should absolutely prioritize that. I highly doubt DTJ was telling him to recruit retreads with low talent given how much he wants to win..

I dont see him staying all 4 years. Unless CKK can turn this around. I doubt it. if nothing was going on DJ would of came out that day and said he was still staying. IMO. IM sure word got back to him. Obviously something changed. Hopefully more talent around him. Better talent. I dont see us going anywhere with the current roster.

I don't think there was ever an expectation that he's here 4 years. My understanding based on what's been said in the past was 2 years commitment to UNLV, and then anything goes. Obviously his fantastic season made him much more of a target by probably any P5 HC with eyes and that means phone calls through the network to show what they're offering... you Obviously listen when that kind of potential $ is floating around and that should cause chain reactions of other conversations

I dont see him staying all 4 years. Unless CKK can turn this around. I doubt it. if nothing was going on DJ would of came out that day and said he was still staying. IMO. IM sure word got back to him. Obviously something changed. Hopefully more talent around him. Better talent. I dont see us going anywhere with the current roster.
I bet if we had a competent HC who could construct a roster, schemed systems on offense and defense and coach them up once they are here, yeah I think DJ would be here and the smoke that took place a few days ago would not have happened.

DJ and his camp had to make it clear to Kevin that his ways need to adapt or his center piece was headed to a better situation in UH!

The fact that this needed to happen is very telling!

Last edited:
They are absolutely ripping the Houston fan that came on here to gloat on their board. Lots of people are saying that he came over here and gave more "info" to us than on their board and that it was in terrible taste. Some are calling it "#NateGate."

They are absolutely ripping the Houston fan that came on here to gloat on their board. Lots of people are saying that he came over here and gave more "info" to us than on their board and that it was in terrible taste. Some are calling it "#NateGate."
In a way he came over here and kinda told us all the reasons why DJ wouldn't be leaving.
He said that Sampson doesn't play the NIL game and no player gets more than 400k, but isn't guaranteed up front. Not to scoff at that money, and I have no idea what we is getting currently, but that isn't the dollar amount that seems to move the needle that much.
Also how physical and defensively minded all of the Houston guards. DJ is a lot of things, but not really that.
I think a lot of these fans of other were surprised that DJ picked us to begin with, and think that they are going to get him eventually. Which is probably true, but I'm guessing not until after next season.

I like that, their fans sound classy for the most part and this was one loan idiot not representative of their fan base.

In a way he came over here and kinda told us all the reasons why DJ wouldn't be leaving.
He said that Sampson doesn't play the NIL game and no player gets more than 400k, but isn't guaranteed up front. Not to scoff at that money, and I have no idea what we is getting currently, but that isn't the dollar amount that seems to move the needle that much.
Also how physical and defensively minded all of the Houston guards. DJ is a lot of things, but not really that.
I think a lot of these fans of other were surprised that DJ picked us to begin with, and think that they are going to get him eventually. Which is probably true, but I'm guessing not until after next season.
That was my response to him. So not about NIL? So if Houston offered him $5K he would leave his $1MM here because it isn't about NIL? Yeah sure...

I made the post on the UH board. It was in reference to Wade Taylor, not Dedan. That was before I got wind that Dedan was headed where he should've been along...UH. He made Sr. happy/proud by being a Legacy Rebel, but now he's about to make Mama Tina VERY happy..

I beat the drum all season that if Dedan was about winning and developing for the NBA, he'd use this frosh season to get some well-needed experience(he was only gonna get 5-8 min/gm behind Shead) at UNLV, since he didn't sign with us, and then transfer to UH.

Watching Shead blow up, UH be #1 for weeks, top 5 all season, a #1 seed, and only an unfortunate ankle sprain(cuz yes, we would've beaten Duke AND NCSU in Dallas) from being in the Final Four, Dedan had to see all that and think of the possibilities of being given the keys to Sampson's well-oiled machine that will always be led by a PG that he trusts....a coach on the floor.

I wish you guys success, but this is the Perfect Storm for Coog Nation.

Nate
Nate, how did that one taste?

“Nate” is getting roasted, tarred and feathered over on the coog board.

Quite amusing, I like their fanbase.
It's all good. As one of your posters said, 180 degree turn. Go back and read what I said..I refuted that Sampson doesn't play the NIL game before you're a Coog. Never said anything disparaging about you guys. I came in to clear the assumption one of your posters attached to me : Wade Taylor, not Dedan.

Nevertheless, Sampson has earmarked his Shead-replacement. Well wishes to you guys. I think we play in football this fall. Good luck.

Nate

It's all good. As one of your posters said, 180 degree turn. Go back and read what I said..I refuted that Sampson doesn't play the NIL game before you're a Coog. Never said anything disparaging about you guys. I came in to clear the assumption one of your posters attached to me : Wade Taylor, not Dedan.

Nevertheless, Sampson has earmarked his Shead-replacement. Well wishes to you guys. I think we play in football this fall. Good luck.

Nate
Where is your board?

Hold my beer Rebel fans.

Reactions: art8

Nate
gO baCK ANd reAd wHAt i SAiD

I will be making a visit to the https://www.coogfans.com/t/transfer-portal-2024/52917/1737
once May 1 arrived and the portal is close. Nate and his partner, Tilly will get a little damnation
For what? I'm right here. Unlike most internet warriors, I attach my name to all my posts cuz I stand behind mine. Not a "loan idiot" by a long shot. I came in to give context to what was going on and the back story. Ya'll were having a "meltdown" as I was told. I came in to read only, cuz this is the only time I've ever written on another school's board(some may not believe me...if you knew me, you'd know I wouldn't care if I'm believed or not). I only commented after I saw that I was quoted and you guys assumed I was talking about Dedan. And it just took on a life of its own. I probably shared more than I was anticipating, but it wasn't to rub anything in your faces.

About NIL...go search and see the push for $1M in NIL for UH basketball today. And within hours, J'Wan Roberts announced that he was returning for his super senior year. LJ Cryer MAY be next. That was my point...once you're IN the program, you will be taken care of regarding NIL alliances. Just don't let NIL be the reason you're interested in being a Coog. You won't get in the front door.

Somebody mentioned a Dedan hypothetical about having a choice between $5K and $1M in NIL, and which would he choose? C'mon, bruh. I have sensible, objective, grown up discussions, not rhetorical unrealistic ones.

Nate

Reactions: LVRebel2000
but it wasn't to rub anything in your faces.
iceman.gif

I will be making a visit to the https://www.coogfans.com/t/transfer-portal-2024/52917/1737
once May 1 arrived and the portal is close. Nate and his partner, Tilly will get a little damnation
For what? I don't know NOR follow Tilly/Trilly. Things turned on their head with Dedan. He notified UNLV folks that he was entering the TP. Then something happened. What? I could care less. As rebel_luv said, we're more than a one-player program, as ya'll should be also. You go big fish hunting, you better have a plan B. These kids nowadays, the TP, the NIL...nothing is final until that student athlete shows up in class.

You can't embarrass me online. Otherwise, I wouldn't be over here taking my medicine. I took it on the UH board and those of ya'll that have read my responses over there will see that I'm unbothered by internet flak.

Here's the crazy part... Wade Taylor posts on Twitter that he's leaving aTm and then deletes the post. Dedan informs UNLV Admins that he's TP-bound...then nothing goes forward. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. Word is Dedan wanted more NIL money...not for himself, but to recruit better players(i.e. Joshua Jefferson maybe). Now if that got brought to Sampson's attention....you see where I'm going? And now we have a transfer PG coming to visit once the dead period ends Tuesday, Taylor isn't leaving, and all's mum in the Dedan camp. So something happened behind the scenes.

Nate

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Dude I love the Geto Boys. I bought the greatest hits on tape.

When they did an album using the movie “Scarface” with Al Pacino.

How did the solar eclipse affect me? Did you guys see the Trump Commercial.

Ha f’n Ha. And did you see the Biden commercial on women’s TV.

Who won basketball championship.

Nate
You came to our board and gloated. Do you refuted that. If you think Kelvin Sampson doesn't play the NIL game, think again. You're supposed to be some kind of insider at your website?
I'll ask again, how did that shit sandwich tasted?

For what? I don't know NOR follow Tilly/Trilly. Things turned on their head with Dedan. He notified UNLV folks that he was entering the TP. Then something happened. What? I could care less. As rebel_luv said, we're more than a one-player program, as ya'll should be also. You go big fish hunting, you better have a plan B. These kids nowadays, the TP, the NIL...nothing is final until that student athlete shows up in class.

You can't embarrass me online. Otherwise, I wouldn't be over here taking my medicine. I took it on the UH board and those of ya'll that have read my responses over there will see that I'm unbothered by internet flak.

Here's the crazy part... Wade Taylor posts on Twitter that he's leaving aTm and then deletes the post. Dedan informs UNLV Admins that he's TP-bound...then nothing goes forward. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. Word is Dedan wanted more NIL money...not for himself, but to recruit better players(i.e. Joshua Jefferson maybe). Now if that got brought to Sampson's attention....you see where I'm going? And now we have a transfer PG coming to visit once the dead period ends Tuesday, Taylor isn't leaving, and all's mum in the Dedan camp. So something happened behind the scenes.

Nate
OK Mr. Truth Dealer, you got your information about Dedan informing the admin from one tweet. Isn't that right? Here is another truth, Sampson interested in the UNLV job long before he took over at UH.
Talking about our football game this fall. UNLV is going to kick your teeth in. The same way we kicked UTEP teeth in last year.

For what? I'm right here. Unlike most internet warriors, I attach my name to all my posts cuz I stand behind mine. Not a "loan idiot" by a long shot. I came in to give context to what was going on and the back story. Ya'll were having a "meltdown" as I was told. I came in to read only, cuz this is the only time I've ever written on another school's board(some may not believe me...if you knew me, you'd know I wouldn't care if I'm believed or not). I only commented after I saw that I was quoted and you guys assumed I was talking about Dedan. And it just took on a life of its own. I probably shared more than I was anticipating, but it wasn't to rub anything in your faces.

About NIL...go search and see the push for $1M in NIL for UH basketball today. And within hours, J'Wan Roberts announced that he was returning for his super senior year. LJ Cryer MAY be next. That was my point...once you're IN the program, you will be taken care of regarding NIL alliances. Just don't let NIL be the reason you're interested in being a Coog. You won't get in the front door.

Somebody mentioned a Dedan hypothetical about having a choice between $5K and $1M in NIL, and which would he choose? C'mon, bruh. I have sensible, objective, grown up discussions, not rhetorical unrealistic ones.

Nate
You're the one who said NIL has nothing to do with it. If that is true then they will sign for $5K. Obviously that statement is false. And if Houston doesn't pay NIL to guys who are coming then how come they paid $1.4MM to Miller?

Reactions: bcvegaspt
You're the one who said NIL has nothing to do with it. If that is true then they will sign for $5K. Obviously that statement is false. And if Houston doesn't pay NIL to guys who are coming then how come they paid $1.4MM to Miller?

Must be a lot of crack cocaine in the Houston's water or maybe just around Nate's house?
Why the hell are you keep signing off on your post? Did you email your post?

OK Mr. Truth Dealer, you got your information about Dedan informing the admin from one tweet. Isn't that right? Here is another truth, Sampson interested in the UNLV job long before he took over at UH.
Talking about our football game this fall. UNLV is going to kick your teeth in. The same way we kicked UTEP teeth in last year.
Too bad UNLV is sooooo damn reputation conscious …. They’d rather be clean and poor than winning and having people think they might be dirty. Woke U.

Being so concerned with our reputation has hurt this program. The only palpable success the program has had was when everyone thought we were dirty and it was us against the world. Those were the days.

UNLV could have had Sampson long ago and he’s a perfect fit for UNLV. So is Wade. So was Pitino back before he became older than Methuselah.

But UNLV won’t go for that. Wimps.

Do you realize that over the last quarter of a century, our probation year, Tark’s last, was better than 19 of those 25 seasons? We weren’t eligible for the NCAAT and it was a more successful season than any of our past 10 and 19/20 of the 25.

Too bad UNLV is sooooo damn reputation conscious …. They’d rather be clean and poor than winning and having people think they might be dirty. Woke U.

Being so concerned with our reputation has hurt this program. The only palpable success the program has had was when everyone thought we were dirty and it was us against the world. Those were the days.

UNLV could have had Sampson long ago and he’s a perfect fit for UNLV. So is Wade. So was Pitino back before he became older than Methuselah.

But UNLV won’t go for that. Wimps.

Do you realize that over the last quarter of a century, our probation year, Tark’s last, was better than 19 of those 25 seasons? We weren’t eligible for the NCAAT and it was a more successful season than any of our past 10 and 19/20 of the 25.
Passing on Sampson definitely belongs on the UNLV Mt Rushmore of stupidity along with Carol Harter, forgetting Pitino's wife at the airport and firing Tark.

See...I'mma say this how I truly feel. You are STUPID. Mercy is Master P's son. He got that deal through his father's connections, not through UH. What a dumb arse... (do you know who Master P is?)

Nate

See...I'mma say this how I truly feel. You are STUPID. Mercy is Master P's son. He got that deal through his father's connections, not through UH. What a dumb arse... (do you know who Master P is?)

Nate
Yeah he’s a no limit hack.

Reactions: reagan21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT