ADVERTISEMENT

Boat Raced by Richmond

in our 3 losses 57%, 63%, and 60% defensive FG % Not going to win many games doing that. 2 of the 3 are teams that wont even sniff the postseason.

I don't see him being fired mid-season, but I think he should be getting his resume ready and I hope the AD is already in a few ears. But I've felt KK hasn't been the answer since 10 minutes after him being hired. I don't even feel like this edition of the team plays hard, we've been sleepwalking for the most part. He's had teams loaded with P5 starters for 2 years and we can't compete with the tail end of the A10 on a neutral court?

I don't see him being fired mid-season, but I think he should be getting his resume ready and I hope the AD is already in a few ears. But I've felt KK hasn't been the answer since 10 minutes after him being hired. I don't even feel like this edition of the team plays hard, we've been sleepwalking for the most part. He's had teams loaded with P5 starters for 2 years and we can't compete with the tail end of the A10 on a neutral coucourt
Read the room. We've all given up and we're the diehards. Where are all the posts? This season is over and I'm pretty sure our AD is going to step in sooner rather than later.

Richmond is a powerhouse blueblood compared to southern...cannot be this bad... maybe team will gel to be competitive against akron.. Everyone be headed to the portal again either way. wether Kruger is tossed or no..

Reactions: butta1231
After the Odom hire a show Harp handled the entire process I’ve got hope that he is not going to sit and watch this train wreck without doing anything.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
oh-shit-wow.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
So far this season it LOOKS like the NCAA penalized us -

It looks as though we were penalized by the NCAA
- our punishment is we are only allowed to practice 1/2 of the time as other schools

Seriously that's what it looks like. it Looks like the Covid year and our team was the one who just spent 3 weeks in quarantine without a practice.

Poorly coached team -

So the next coach - Does not have to be from UNLV (ex-player) and DEFINITELY has to have D1 HEAD COACHING experience. preferable a proven winner !!!

- our punishment is we are only allowed to practice 1/2 of the time as other schools

Seriously that's what it looks like. it Looks like the Covid year and our team was the one who just spent 3 weeks in quarantine without a practice.

Poorly coached team -

So the next coach - Does not have to be from UNLV (ex-player) and DEFINITELY has to have D1 HEAD COACHING experience. preferable a proven winner !!!
This!

Reactions: rebelwithacause
Richmond is a powerhouse blueblood compared to southern...cannot be this bad... maybe team will gel to be competitive against akron.. Everyone be headed to the portal again either way. wether Kruger is tossed or no..
Portal or not there's like 7 Seniors on this team... we were going to experience another complete turnover this offseason anyways. Might as well get a good coach that may convince Hicks ,Whaley or DTJ to stick around... other than that, there was no real future beyond this season with the lineups/players on roster just by class/play on court

Reactions: the Florian Trout

Poorly coached team -

I'd also accept Ryan Miller...

Last edited:
Portal or not there's like 7 Seniors on this team... we were going to experience another complete turnover this offseason anyways. Might as well get a good coach that may convince Hicks ,Whaley or DTJ to stick around... other than that, there was no real future beyond this season with the lineups/players on roster just by class/play on court
If they are going to do this they better have a coach ready to go as soon as the fire Kevin. If Harper takes 2-3 weeks to find a coach (or longer) those three will he in the portal and gone. But also imo you shouldn't keep or hire a coach because of retaining or picking up a player.

If they are going to do this they better have a coach ready to go as soon as the fire Kevin. If Harper takes 2-3 weeks to find a coach (or longer) those three will he in the portal and gone. But also imo you shouldn't keep or hire a coach because of retaining or picking up a player.
As far as I’m concerned, Harp hit a grand slam in his first at bat.

I’ll trust his second at bat.

That's exactly why we're in this mess to begin with... Kruger was supposed to keep TJOs roster together

Reactions: LVBC189
I don't even care if we have to start with a completely depleted roster and our recruits run off to other schools. It just doesn't matter at this point. Losing I can take but to have a team so unprepared and have so little fight in them is inexcusable.

I don't even care if we have to start with a completely depleted roster and our recruits run off to other schools. It just doesn't matter at this point. Losing I can take but to have a team so unprepared and have so little fight in them is inexcusable.
Can‘t argue this!

The portal makes that easier, in terms of filling a roster with talent. The meshing without really knowing personalities makes it a bit more hit and miss. But there's no recruit on the roster or signee of the future that is going to be the savior of this program. If there was a savior, he'd be off to the NBA by the time he's a sophomore or he'd be poached by a school with more money. The NLI and portal itself really changed the way you need to go about business ....

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I will say, given the team is majority upperclassmen and alot came with obvious talent and have flashed it independently, if they could somehow figure it out together by conference play, they are individually good enough to make a run.....
But that's if the figure everything out and keep their heads in it and that will be up to the staff to keep guys like Hill and Boone from checking out 10-12 games in if things aren't going well

The Lady Rebels, should play in the Thomas & Mack.
And, the men's should play at Cox Pavilion.
But for the NFR there really is no longer a need for the T&M. It received a $65M upgrade courtesy of the Legislature for back of house stuff (electrical, etc.) plus the Strip View gathering space. I doubt there will be much appetite to continue the cost of upkeep if the facility is barely used, especially if NFR goes to another venue. Couple that with space restraints on campus and gamers not wanting a competing public facility and I suspect it’s days are numbered. We better get a P4 invite while we have the facility.

I will say, given the team is majority upperclassmen and alot came with obvious talent and have flashed it independently, if they could somehow figure it out together by conference play, they are individually good enough to make a run.....
But that's if the figure everything out and keep their heads in it and that will be up to the staff to keep guys like Hill and Boone from checking out 10-12 games in if things aren't going well
This requires good coaching and a head coach who can motivate players and be team focused. Sadly that’s not CKK.

Any further questions about Kevin not being the guy!
All been downhill with this program since the BYU AD dept inside of UNLV back in those days hired Rice. It's been a total clusterfck since. Could only make it thru about 3 mins of game yesterday before I had to switch it off to something more exciting like the Bowling Green-W. Michigan MACtion game.

Reactions: rebel5280
All been downhill with this program since the BYU AD dept inside of UNLV back in those days hired Rice. It's been a total clusterfck since. Could only make it thru about 3 mins of game yesterday before I had to switch it off to something more exciting like the Bowling Green-W. Michigan MACtion game.
Seemed to go way downhill after you state considering we had rankings, NBA players and the NCAAT for a couple of the years and were still able to beat top teams, had attendance. Even if it was a drop off from Kruger, it was slight, especially in comparison to the almost vertical drop off to Menzies, Otz and Kruger.

Disappointment may have been higher back then, but you can only be disappointed if you had expections. We forfeited those to get to where we are at now.

Can you imagine if we had 12k at the Mack now with high expectations watching what we’ve watched the past several years?

Seemed to go way downhill after you state considering we had rankings, NBA players and the NCAAT for a couple of the years and were still able to beat top teams, had attendance. Even if it was a drop off from Kruger, it was slight, especially in comparison to the almost vertical drop off to Menzies, Otz and Kruger.

Disappointment may have been higher back then, but you can only be disappointed if you had expections. We forfeited those to get to where we are at now.

Can you imagine if we had 12k at the Mack now with high expectations watching what we’ve watched the past several years?
Could not disagree more. The expectations were based on the talent we had, not the coach. How many NCAA tourney games and MWC banners did we win with all that talent?

Rice was a disaster hire waiting to happen from day 1. OK I guess you'll point to the UNC win. Whoohoo. It's not worth arguing over.

Reactions: rebel5280

Poorly coached team -

Seems Gonzaga assistant going to Ariz and Baylor assistant to K State are doing well without head coaching experience. We just got the wrong assistant.

Seems Gonzaga assistant going to Ariz and Baylor assistant to K State are doing well without head coaching experience. We just got the wrong assistant.
Well to put in perspective wasn't CKK was like 3rd or 4th in line Under OTZ??? Those 2 were lead recruiters and had a role in gameplan and preparation??

The KSU coach had like 15 years under Drew Scott...The Gonzaga Assistant had 20 under Mark Few, not 5 with 2 under his own Dad... huge difference in experience and level

The KSU coach had like 15 years under Drew Scott...The Gonzaga Assistant had 20 under Mark Few, not 5 with 2 under his own Dad... huge difference in experience and level
I do not disagree. But I posted in response to saying to never hire someone without D1 head coaching experience

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT