ADVERTISEMENT

3:11 (not in the Bible)

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
A lot has been said about our free throw woes. Yeah we have some problems there. But that isn't the reason we lost to the Utes. They shot as awful as we did from the line so that was a push. And even if we did shoot our regular percentage from the line we would have scored like 55 pts. Run as One my butt. If that is all we can manage unless we are playing radically inferior competition then we are in serious trouble.
Now to the subject line which is the root of our problems. The clock showed 3:11 remaining in the 1'st half when we scored our first points of the game that didn't come either via lay ups or free throws. PATHETIC! Plenty of open looks. This is just the worst shooting team I have ever witnessed in a Rebel uniform. I have been attending games since 1970 and these guys are the all time brick layers.
I am so tired of hearing about all of these "Freakish Athletes". How about a couple of basketball players. Guys that know how to fill it up. Give me someone like an undersized Anderson Hunt that knows how to shoot the ball. Rice can do all the coaching he wants but it won't make a bit of difference if they can't put the ball in the hole. Athletes are nice and they have a role but it is time for Rice to start recruiting some basketball players and quit falling in love with nothing but guys that can run and jump and have long arms.
If our 3pt streak remains unbroken this year I will be amazed and I don't think I will be the only one.

This post was edited on 12/21 9:54 PM by Pistol Pete 1

This post was edited on 12/21 10:21 PM by Pistol Pete 1

See post in other thread. Said same thing. Need to start recruiting 3 star kids that can shoot and score than 5 stars that can't and the only thing they can do is run jump and dunk because that is not who we are. It was who we were suppose to be.

This team would kill with a Hunt player. Just a guy that can really put the ball in the bucket. They have some Augmon prototypes out there, but that one scorer is missing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT