ADVERTISEMENT

“Well connected” opinion about Pac expansion

He, likes to put stuff up about his Beavers.
Put's a lot of things, as scenarios up in the wall.
Hoping, that something sticks. He has interesting takes.
A lot of conference realignment things, that concerns UNLV.
I follow him on X (Twitter).

My quotes aren’t meant to doubt that person, just sharing.
Of course I have no idea about the validity here... but...

Surprised air force is "tier 1" here. USU and UNM would definutely be higher on my list than AFA. And is entertain SJSU, WYO, and even reno as higher on that list.

BSU, SDSU, UNLV, CSU, and Fresno are all obvious.

For any of the bottom 6, you'd need at least 4 to make it make any sense at all. Navy would be tough.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

Surprised air force is "tier 1" here. USU and UNM would definutely be higher on my list than AFA. And is entertain SJSU, WYO, and even reno as higher on that list.

For any of the bottom 6, you'd need at least 4 to make it make any sense at all. Navy would be tough.
I can understand why AF may be high because of their national following being the program for that branch of the military.

Reactions: TimothyC3

1. If some random guy can get access to a sensitive planning document, the Pac 2 leadership and IT staff would need to be incompetent. I am cynical.
2. My top 6 would be the same. AF is a logical travel partner for CSU and has a national following.
3. I would think that they would want to see what is happening with the ACC, before committing to the second tier of 6 MWC teams. If there is a mass exodus in the ACC and ESPN cancels the contract, I could envision the Pac gaining Cal and SMU. Would Stanford be willing to join a conference with BSU? I would think that SMU, Tulane, Memphis, and Gonzaga, would make the Pac a very strong basketball conference.

I've seen a handful of posts from that joker. A troll that pulls things out of his ass. "Well Connected" to his own mind and has yet to provide anything related to reality.

When you consider football, AF over UNM makes more sense.

1. If some random guy can get access to a sensitive planning document, the Pac 2 leadership and IT staff would need to be incompetent. I am cynical.
2. My top 6 would be the same. AF is a logical travel partner for CSU and has a national following.
3. I would think that they would want to see what is happening with the ACC, before committing to the second tier of 6 MWC teams. If there is a mass exodus in the ACC and ESPN cancels the contract, I could envision the Pac gaining Cal and SMU. Would Stanford be willing to join a conference with BSU? I would think that SMU, Tulane, Memphis, and Gonzaga, would make the Pac a very strong basketball conference.
No assumption that its a valid and real list. And if it is, i also dont know that i would expect it to have been visually represented in this way, where they can just drag and drop the file into an email. Just responding to the topic at hand 😁

I get the travel partner argument. Wyoming could fill that need and I think of as more stable athletically. Maybe I'm wrong about that. But obviously being a military school, they do bring interest that wyoming can only dream of.

On point 3, yeah the landscape is so fluid that any single domino could fully shuffle the deck depending on the domino. Fingers crossed that whichever domino falls, unlv doesn't get buried underneath its weight...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT