ADVERTISEMENT

Zion.

Vegas34

Retired Number
May 29, 2001
Henderson, NV
I know NAU is flat out awful, so I may be reaching here, but does anyone else think Zion might be our best on-ball defender? He got at least the 2 steals he was credited for, but appeared to give opposing guards a MUCH harder time than any of our other guards. He might be the most true PG of this year's roster. His effort is great, his footwork is good, he doesn't take bad shots, he gets in passing lanes, and has a long reach being 6-5. He also sees the floor in the half and full court better than our starting backcourt, but that's not saying much.

He has 4 assists, 0 turnovers, 2 steals in 17 minutes of action is obviously very good. His averages in 40 minutes played are 16.5 pts, 4.7 rebounds, 9.4 asst, 0.0 TO's, and 4.7 rebounds in yet a VERY limited sample size.

Poyser and Mooring are shooting guards, who are being asked to co-run the Point. They each have nearly as many TO's as Assists, both at 12 to 9. Mooring, an undersized shooting guard, can score a little vs. bad defenders I guess, but he's only shooting 36% from the floor and 25% from deep, however his 91% from the line has been huge.

Maybe down the road we see a backcourt of Z. Morgan and Poyser?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News