ADVERTISEMENT

Zimmerman

rebelwithacause

Rebel Legend
Mar 27, 2002
I haven't really pressed this issue yet because he is a freshman and he is still learning a lot.

Hopefully by midseason of the conference play Zimmerman is the focal point of our offense. The kid just has a beautiful stroke and does have some nifty moves on the block including little jump hooks.

Bottom line is we need to ask Zimm to not be so unselfish and he needs to shoot about twice as many shots as he does. Especially against teams that are not stacked in the frontcourt. The goal should be to get as many high percentage shots as possible. Zimm is our guy.

Personally as a fan I do not like when highly touted recruits go one and done and head off to the NBA, however I know if I was him I would love to be making millions. I'd love to see Zimm average about 17 points a game to go along with the 10 rebounds he grabs every night and (if he wants to go) end up a lottery pick.

Then again the Zimm family is so cool, I could see them saying "if Dave Rice and Ryan Miller come back to coach next year, he will for go the NBA route and return for his Sophomore year".

Bottom line is they need Zimm to take more of our shots on offense, especially down low in the post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News