ADVERTISEMENT

Wow!

Incredibly unlucky at times, but very lucky at the end, and FINALLY UNLV pulls out a win it shouldn't have....in pretty incredible fashion.

BTW....was that not one of the best officiated games you've seen in a LONG time (other than the replay official blowing two calls at the end of regulation....that pass was dropped, and it's the replay officials responsibility to stop that play....then the guy running out of bounds, did not get forced out...), BUT these officials just let the teams play. I can't stand when teams have 150 yards of penalty yards.... Wyoming had 2 penalties for 12 yards...and UNLV had 4 yards for 35.... all the penalties were pretty warranted, and none of the BS calls were made. That was a well officiated game.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Incredibly unlucky at times, but very lucky at the end, and FINALLY UNLV pulls out a win it shouldn't have....in pretty incredible fashion.

BTW....was that not one of the best officiated games you've seen in a LONG time (other than the replay official blowing two calls at the end of regulation....that pass was dropped, and it's the replay officials responsibility to stop that play....then the guy running out of bounds, did not get forced out...), BUT these officials just let the teams play. I can't stand when teams have 150 yards of penalty yards.... Wyoming had 2 penalties for 12 yards...and UNLV had 4 yards for 35.... all the penalties were pretty warranted, and none of the BS calls were made. That was a well officiated game.

I usually don't complain too much with the officiating of games but you are correct, the Wyo WR did drop that ball!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Great game. In some ways we tried to give it away (how does our D give up a TD with 30 seconds to go and 70 yards needed or whatever it was). Also thought we got a little conservative on the game winner after all 38 isn't a gimme in college, but it worked out. big kudos to the staff in developing Palendech so he looked presentable. Still made a number of mistakes, but seriously hard to complain when the O scores 69! But last year I thought he would never be above 3rd string quality. Always confident in this staff, but even more so in watching his improvement. If we beat Reno will consider it a very good season even without a bowl. But even if we don't still nice to move in the right direction two straight years.

Great game. In some ways we tried to give it away (how does our D give up a TD with 30 seconds to go and 70 yards needed or whatever it was). Also thought we got a little conservative on the game winner after all 38 isn't a gimme in college, but it worked out. big kudos to the staff in developing Palendech so he looked presentable. Still made a number of mistakes, but seriously hard to complain when the O scores 69! But last year I thought he would never be above 3rd string quality. Always confident in this staff, but even more so in watching his improvement. If we beat Reno will consider it a very good season even without a bowl. But even if we don't still nice to move in the right direction two straight years.
Did you see the SINGLE coverage on a couple of critical plays on that late drive, including the score??? What the hell was going on out there? Were the DB's and LB's triple teaming two guys and leaving two on an island????

Don't sell our defense short. They gave up 99 yards in 1:06 with no timeouts left.

Did you see the SINGLE coverage on a couple of critical plays on that late drive, including the score??? What the hell was going on out there? Were the DB's and LB's triple teaming two guys and leaving two on an island????
Yeah good question, one thing better about seeing a football game live you can see what everyone else is doing. On TV all you can see is the WR. The tying drive I have to question in particular, rush 4 and drop in coverage for prevent when you have that little time left. Two catches earlier in the game one on one the coverage was good and that white dude made crazy catches. Our corners are in need of serious upgrade though.

I forget, didn't get down to about 30 seconds left though and they still had about 75 yards to go? Horrific.
I'd have to look back at play by play. But that might be right. The tipped catch that shouldn't have been was a huge play.

Incredible last drive by the cowboys to take it to OT. What a game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT