ADVERTISEMENT

With Hester not qualifying, I'd hope coach is on the phone with Cassius Peat

reagan21

Rebel Legend
Sep 8, 2009
He was a Michigan State recruit who, right before the season began, "decided" to go to Pima CC. MSU then welcomed him back, but recently was told not to come to MSU.

I'm sure there are a lot of suitors for his talent, but this late in the game he may not have a lot of options if he wants to compete for playing time. UCLA got a verbal but he decided to resign with MSU in February. Long shot, but "kid" can play.

6'3" 275 DL.

Not sure there is a schollie left for him. So far looks like Mouton, Tatum and Cameron Carr are the only Scholarship players that are no longer on the roster. This guy would be a huge grab this late , all that being said.

Not sure how all the counting toward each class goes but I do know they awarded a scholarship to Long Snapper Joe Lang, brought in 5th year Scissum and signed Uasike (Fr DL). Not sure if that leaves one open or not. With only what looks like 16 seniors on this years roster they might want to hold it to beef up next years class.

So looks like there may be a bit more to this. Staff may be trying to get Cassius in for a visit/gauge interest. Cassius is following some of the staff on twitter and vice versa. One to keep an eye on as the summer moves along.

I believe Peat is visiting Indiana this weekend according to some articles.

Do we really have 85 guys on scholarship?
So looks like there may be a bit more to this. Staff may be trying to get Cassius in for a visit/gauge interest. Cassius is following some of the staff on twitter and vice versa. One to keep an eye on as the summer moves along.

I believe Peat is visiting Indiana this weekend according to some articles.
Fingers crossed. Immediate impact player and adds much depth to the DL. Anything to help out our secondary is a plus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT