1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
1. Ed O'Bannon
2. Suntino Korleone Young
3. Lamar Odom
4. Lloyd Daniels

My pick is Ed O'Bannon. I cried when he won the National Championship for UCLA.

Reactions: Rebelhustle
If you believe the hype, Lloyd Daniels was. Hard to know since he never really played much professionally. Out of the other 3, Lamar Odom was the most talented and most accomplished player. Ed had a much better collegiate career, but Ed played 4 years of college while Lamar only played one. So if you‘re asking who would have helped out UNLV more, then Ed is the obvious answer and that‘s not even taking into account that Charles would have likely come as well. If it’s best overall player than I’d have to go with Odom.

If you believe the hype, Lloyd Daniels was. Hard to know since he never really played much professionally. Out of the other 3, Lamar Odom was the most talented and most accomplished player. Ed had a much better collegiate career, but Ed played 4 years of college while Lamar only played one. So if you‘re asking who would have helped out UNLV more, then Ed is the obvious answer and that‘s not even taking into account that Charles would have likely come as well. If it’s best overall player than I’d have to go with Odom.
Well, Daniels played longer in the NBA than O'Bannon...if Im not mistaken. Ed was the everyone All-American. He was the second coming of LJ for UNLV. I dont know how many NC UNLV would have won with him not just because how good he was...and he was fantastical. But the players he attracts to come with him. At UCLA Ed blew out his knees before his first year...still won a NC for UCLA

You guys should not forget about Korleone Young. That dude was the #1 player in his class. Korleone Young and Shawn Marion committed to Bill Bayno and UNLV on the same class. That was the #1 class in the nation.

Does Jason Kidd count? Wasn't that the rumor that he was coming here as well.
Got to be a actual commit not just a verbal. If that is the case, Shaw Kemp would have been a better pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Yeah, I know that. We took Myron Piggie hoping to lure Young. It was a good move by Bayno, he wanted Young badly. It just didn’t work out and you waste an end of bench schollie for a year.
OMG, that forwards line up would have been something....Bill Bayno would have been around much much longer.

Yeah, I know that. We took Myron Piggie hoping to lure Young. It was a good move by Bayno, he wanted Young badly. It just didn’t work out and you waste an end of bench schollie for a year.
Who was Young friend that he was bringing over...I forgot his name. He went to UCLA too

Zaon Collins..
Kaluma a close 2nd
both based only on what that class under TJO would've done with the roster with better pieces around an unstoppable Bryce...

Reactions: LocoRebel
Sweet Pea, no other answer is acceptable.

This is the correct answer.

David Greenwood, Sam Bowie, John Williams, Clifford Allen, Chris Mills, Shawn Kemp, Ed O’Bannon, Jason Kidd, Lamar Odom all great players in their respective classes.

Lloyd Daniels was a generational talent. At the time he was the best high school prospect out of NYC since Lew Alcindor. More sought after than Mullin, Tiny, Bernard King, Albert King, Sid Green, Kenny Smith, Walter Berry, Pearl Washington you name them. Howard Garfinkel at the time said the three best high school prospects he had seen in NYC were Connie Hawkins, Lew Alcindor and Lloyd.

In the 86 LV invitational led the Gauchos over a loaded ARC Mid-Valley program (arguably to top AAU program in the county at the time) with Don McLean, Sean Higgins and Chris Mills in the championship game. Took it to JR Reid who was considered one of the top players in the class of 86 in an infamous battle at 5 star camp, took it to Anthony Jones who was a NBA first round pick and a couple of years older than Lloyd at The Sporting House.

At the prep level he could play four if not all five positions, had very few deficiencies in his game. The only person who could stop Lloyd was Lloyd which was what unfortunately happened.

I vote a tie between Lloyd Daniels and Lamar Odom. I would have a hard time choosing if I could only pick one guy to recruit.
This is the correct answer.

David Greenwood, Sam Bowie, John Williams, Clifford Allen, Chris Mills, Shawn Kemp, Ed O’Bannon, Jason Kidd, Lamar Odom all great players in their respective classes.

Lloyd Daniels was a generational talent. At the time he was the best high school prospect out of NYC since Lew Alcindor. More sought after than Mullin, Tiny, Bernard King, Albert King, Sid Green, Kenny Smith, Walter Berry, Pearl Washington you name them. Howard Garfinkel at the time said the three best high school prospects he had seen in NYC were Connie Hawkins, Lew Alcindor and Lloyd.

In the 86 LV invitational led the Gauchos over a loaded ARC Mid-Valley program (arguably to top AAU program in the county at the time) with Don McLean, Sean Higgins and Chris Mills in the championship game. Took it to JR Reid who was considered one of the top players in the class of 86 in an infamous battle at 5 star camp, took it to Anthony Jones who was a NBA first round pick and a couple of years older than Lloyd at The Sporting House.

At the prep level he could play four if not all five positions, had very few deficiencies in his game. The only person who could stop Lloyd was Lloyd which was what unfortunately happened.
That ARC Midvalley club had crazy talent. Saw them play against a Virginia team in one of the huge summer tourneys. It was Mourning vs Kemp, Maclean, Mills, and Darrick Martin. I wish we could have seen Lloyd Daniels play 3 or 4 years under Tark. Him with Augmon, LJ and the rest? Just send us the NCAA trophy in November to save the trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT