ADVERTISEMENT

What are your thoughts on our class at this point?

bcvegaspt

Bench warmer
Staff
Feb 26, 2005
Twelfth seat if I'm lucky
We stole one from the Big12 (Oluwaseun) and one from the dirty south (Tejchman). It's a small class right now with only 18 young men but seems to fill some needs for us.

The following list of signees comes from the article from the RJ listed below:

Offensive line:
Justice Oluwaseun, Foster HS (TX); Daniel Schoene, Bakersfield HS (CA); Ashton Morgan, Pleasant Valley HS (CA); Sid Acosta, Riverside CC (CA)

Running back: Tariq Hollandsworth, Sacramento HS (CA); Jamaal Neal, South Gate HS (CA)

Wide receiver/tight end: Drew Tejchman, North Cobb HS (GA); Jeremy Clark, La Mirada HS (CA); Noah Bean, Grace Brethren HS (CA)

Quarterback: Marckell Grayson, Desert Pines HS (NV)

Defensive line: Nate Neal, Etiwanda HS (CA); Bruce Hester, Mesa CC (AZ); Roger Mann, Palomar CC (CA)

Linebacker: Farrell Hester, Bishop Gorman HS (NV); Spencer Katoanga, Air Force prep (CO); Jacob Rominger, Highland CC (KS)

Defensive back: Greg Francis, Bishop Gorman HS (NV); Demitrious Gibbs, Southwestern CC (CA)

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/football/unlv-football-s-recruiting-class-2017-stands-18

Reactions: Sam-I-am
I remember a few years back, while watching a UNLV vs Utah football game, how Utah just crushed us up front with their deep O line. Now I understand why he is recruiting so much O line players. You have to have depth .

I remember a few years back, while watching a UNLV vs Utah football game, how Utah just crushed us up front with their deep O line. Now I understand why he is recruiting so much O line players. You have to have depth .
Only one loss from last year's 2-deep. Not saying we still can't improve in that area but it's definitely the strength of our team now.

Reactions: mvvsmith
there not done yet with this class stay tuned but I like this class so far added needed depth at ol and wr and rb added another qb and added needed depth at DL Limebacker and defensive back

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Our big weakness is still at DB, hopefully some of the young men from last year improve dramatically. Open scholarships should be weighted toward defense, a couple of senior transfers or Jucos could help stabilize and teach the younger DB's.

We stole one from the Big12 (Oluwaseun) and one from the dirty south (Tejchman). It's a small class right now with only 18 young men but seems to fill some needs for us.

The following list of signees comes from the article from the RJ listed below:

Offensive line:
Justice Oluwaseun, Foster HS (TX); Daniel Schoene, Bakersfield HS (CA); Ashton Morgan, Pleasant Valley HS (CA); Sid Acosta, Riverside CC (CA)

Running back: Tariq Hollandsworth, Sacramento HS (CA); Jamaal Neal, South Gate HS (CA)

Wide receiver/tight end: Drew Tejchman, North Cobb HS (GA); Jeremy Clark, La Mirada HS (CA); Noah Bean, Grace Brethren HS (CA)

Quarterback: Marckell Grayson, Desert Pines HS (NV)

Defensive line: Nate Neal, Etiwanda HS (CA); Bruce Hester, Mesa CC (AZ); Roger Mann, Palomar CC (CA)

Linebacker: Farrell Hester, Bishop Gorman HS (NV); Spencer Katoanga, Air Force prep (CO); Jacob Rominger, Highland CC (KS)

Defensive back: Greg Francis, Bishop Gorman HS (NV); Demitrious Gibbs, Southwestern CC (CA)

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/football/unlv-football-s-recruiting-class-2017-stands-18
Good but not great class for us. The best recruiting was on the offensive side of the ball but I think that CC kids at DL and LBer really do fill immediate needs.

We need a better pash rush to help our secondary. If Mann,Zepeda, Finau, Holloway and Jones can be more disruptive than our ends from last year that will help our DBS.

Nice to see the added depth at WR and OL. Kreitler is a big loss, so I hope Acosta can ramp up quickly. With Sanders listed at 6-5 260, I just think Acosta can provide more leverage at the position. But, as usual, may the best Rebel win!

Sanders always listed as the back up there but only played very few reps last year at RT. I think we see someone else step into the back up Center spot, with Acosta the De-Facto Starter there, much like Kreitler when he arrived.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT