ADVERTISEMENT

Well OT: I'm waiving my HIPAA rights by saying this, but

reagan21

Rebel Legend
Sep 8, 2009
I can admit that I suffer from chronic and clinical depression. My wife and I have been through a lot because of it. I oftentimes make horrible decisions based on my depression. Most people who know me think I'm joking or trying to get attention when I tell them about my depression because I hide it very well. I'm a pretty outgoing guy who likes to joke around and have fun. I'm guessing there are people around us, people we know, who suffer and hide it just as well as I do.

We never know what's going on in someone's head and most of the time I don't know what's going on in my head. Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped, and I either turn into a recluse or I look for a way out. It's not always evident by the way I act so it can be hard to detect by others.

I'm not looking for sympathy or attention, just remember in dark cold months that people you talk to may be going through what I go through. Be kind. Be helpful. It means the world to people like me. I'm glad I have a place like Rebel-Net where I can come and talk about a common interest. I don't agree with everyone and not everyone agrees with me. That being said, we love the Rebels and having something in common always makes me happy. Having something bigger than myself makes me focus on life.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer, but I wanted to get this off my chest in this time of Thanksgiving. I'm grateful for all of you guys, even the "deuce bravos."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News