ADVERTISEMENT

Ways to liven up the board during off-season

Rebelroastedpecan

Conference POY
Gold Member
Nov 22, 2009
Hey all, I have been a lurker here for 6 or so years and usually keep my posting to the minimum, however I think since it's the off season a little participation could help liven up the board a little bit. This has led me to try and develop some ideas to increase rational and respectful participation (even though I do enjoy the occasional forum fighting) on the board to help all of us get through summer and into next season.

I created this forum to 1.) share one of the ideas I had, and 2.) see if anyone else could add on to it or even bring in their own new ideas.

As for my idea... I know we have plenty of threads talking about various topics relating to the Rebs, but many of the threads get filled with personal arguments/jokes/nonsense, which is all good and many times fun to read, yet it often ends up creating a thread completely unrelated to the OPs thoughts/questions.

So, I was thinking that along with the regular threads and banter posted throughout the day, there could be a weekly topic (decided by mods or whomever) that ends with a question to be answered by all posters. Each poster can outline and express their opinion in any way they want as long as they address the original question not other posters.

A word count can be put on each post (or not) as to keep each post concise and not too time consuming to read. Additionally, the new 'like' feature for individual posts can be used in that whichever poster gets the most 'likes' after a certain period (2-4 days??) wins for that week. A tally can be kept and whoever has the most wins by the end of the year could win a prize of some sort.

This could be a horrible idea, or not, just thought more insightful discussion on the board could keep some of the serious and knowledgeable posters around and engaged

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News