ADVERTISEMENT

Washington/UNLV and Dayton vs Wichita State

umeh43

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2008
I saw an article today that said Washington is willing to pay up to $3 million for their new coach! UNLV can barely pay $800,000 for ours!!! Gerry Bomotti needs to go!!! He's the #1 problem at UNLV. Obviously going to a Power 5 conference will help but it won't solve all the problems! It's an absolute joke that UNLV can't even pay its head basketball coach $1.5 million. Despite not being in a Power 5, they should at least be able to afford that and they can't!!

Could you imagine if we could have a $3 million budget for a coach? The coaching candidates that would be interested!

When the the committee put Dayton vs Wichita State on Sunday, I got excited!! It's two programs that UNLV should be modeling!! Both programs are in weak conferences both are paying their coaches good money to stay!! They may not be blue bloods they are elite programs right now!!! I have been on the board multiple times saying I've wanted Archie Miller as our coach, hell I would take Marshall also. But you need to pay 2,500,000 to 3,000,000 for a coach like that!

The first thing the new athletic director needs to do besides getting out of the stupid MWC is if Marvin Menzies isn't the guy, the new AD needs to find ways to fund and raise money to get a quality coach!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News