ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Anyone?

It's interesting... I think they think that helps Memphis decision. But does it? Especiailly if it's for a full share, I'd argue it hurts the likelihood of courting AAC schools
That is a huge slap in the face of schools with good football teams. Hopefully it hurts the ability of the PAC to get other schools to join knowing they will be providing a portion of the football money to a program that doesn't play football.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
What sucked is Washington State v Boise State had 535K on FS1 on the same day. UNLV needs to play up their new found fame quickly to show we can get more people interested in UNLV football.
Was WSU vs BSU all by itself at that time? At worst, there was less competition for eyes. I think UCLA vs Oregon may have been on Fox with some overlap. UNLV vs Fresno State probably had a lot of SEC and Big 10 games for tv viewers.

Either way, not to diminish the reality that at best out of those 4 programs (wazzu, Boise, Fresno, us), we are 3rd on the national interest list.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
The Syracuse game on Friday is also on FS1. With UNLV now ranked #25 in the AP poll, and this game going up against only a couple of other games on Friday, it is a huge chance to see if the viewership will have a jump for UNLV. Michigan State at Oregon is on Fox and Houston at TCU is on ESPN. As a side note, the line is back up to -6.5 on ESPN for the Syracuse game.

Was WSU vs BSU all by itself at that time? At worst, there was less competition for eyes. I think UCLA vs Oregon may have been on Fox with some overlap. UNLV vs Fresno State probably had a lot of SEC and Big 10 games for tv viewers.

Either way, not to diminish the reality that at best out of those 4 programs (wazzu, Boise, Fresno, us), we are 3rd on the national interest list.
That is why the Syracuse game on FS1 on Friday is important to the future of UNLV football. Currently I think there is far more interest in UNLV than wazzu just based on the current media coverage, and the UNLV v BSU game could play huge in the ability of UNLV to become relevant on a national level. The UNLV v BSU game is on CBSSN which I am not sure is even rated by college football tv ratings on sports media watch, but the winner of this game will most likely be in the spotlight on a national level for the remainder of the season, while the other team may fade away.

I shouldn't ignore the UNLV v Oregon State game which is the week before and on the CW network. The CW typically has similar viewership to FS1, and will be another chance to see if interest in UNLV football is still climbing.

That is why the Syracuse game on FS1 on Friday is important to the future of UNLV football. Currently I think there is far more interest in UNLV than wazzu just based on the current media coverage, and the UNLV v BSU game could play huge in the ability of UNLV to become relevant on a national level. The UNLV v BSU game is on CBSSN which I am not sure is even rated by college football tv ratings on sports media watch, but the winner of this game will most likely be in the spotlight on a national level for the remainder of the season, while the other team may fade away.
I think broad media interest is different than "fan base that reliably watches games"... which we know we don't have.

Best we can do right now as a fan base is watch, read, click, support. As a team, they just gotta keep winning. The interest will be there if they continue to win, just might take a lot of it.

What sucked is Washington State v Boise State had 535K on FS1 on the same day. UNLV needs to play up their new found fame quickly to show we can get more people interested in UNLV football.
Yes kind of a mixed bag. WSU is a bigger name than FSU and the night games on Sat usually have higher ratings but Boise got good ratings the prior week vs Portland another night game. Houston vs Cincy ratings close to ours.

I want to say that there was a 5PM game elsewhere but can't remember - too many beers. But I think we were all alone after that. I'm surprised that it was only 535K.

We’ve had some decent numbers thus far. Hoping the Syracuse matchup doesn’t have much competition on a Friday night, especially back east.

We’ve had some decent numbers thus far. Hoping the Syracuse matchup doesn’t have much competition on a Friday night, especially back east.
Will be curious to see the Friday numbers are usually better, Syracuse not a name school so if we get 500-600K that would be decent.

Wow I would assume double that number especially since KU game brought in 1.3M. Maybe I’m missing something.
Unfortunately for us, on Friday night, we'll be competing against Oregon vs Michigan State (Fox) and the 2nd half of the TCU vs Houston (ESPN) games. The Oregon/MSU one is going to draw pretty big ratings, but hopefully there are enough people interested around the country to jump over to the UNLV game.

Side question: Does anyone know how the TV viewers is actually determined? When I'm watching games, aside from the UNLV, I'll constantly be jumping around between channels, watching 3-4 games, depending on what's on. So do all of those games show up as views? Or do you have to watch for a certain amount of time?

Unfortunately for us, on Friday night, we'll be competing against Oregon vs Michigan State (Fox) and the 2nd half of the TCU vs Houston (ESPN) games. The Oregon/MSU one is going to draw pretty big ratings, but hopefully there are enough people interested around the country to jump over to the UNLV game.

Side question: Does anyone know how the TV viewers is actually determined? When I'm watching games, aside from the UNLV, I'll constantly be jumping around between channels, watching 3-4 games, depending on what's on. So do all of those games show up as views? Or do you have to watch for a certain amount of time?
Great Question .

Sticking to the title of this thread, I see that both of our new conference mates have something in common......#3 and #9 :)

If SDSU loses to Hawaii they may be joining that list next week. Their lone victory was Texas A&M...........Commerce. I've watched them play and all I can say is they need to spend 5 or 6 million on NIL. No. Scratch that, they need to pay our exit fee first.

Wow I would assume double that number especially since KU game brought in 1.3M. Maybe I’m missing something.
I hope your numbers are right I was guessing that based upon some of the other ratings in there plus Kansas was coming off a ranking when we played them.

If SDSU loses to Hawaii they may be joining that list next week. Their lone victory was Texas A&M...........Commerce. I've watched them play and all I can say is they need to spend 5 or 6 million on NIL. No. Scratch that, they need to pay our exit fee first.

It was their President that flapped her gums about meeting the metrics. I legit want them to go 1-11. And I'I then spam her email account with 100s titled MEETING THE METRICS that just contains 1-11 and her spouing about metrics in an attachment.

Who's with me!

Reactions: RebelinWA
It was their President that flapped her gums about meeting the metrics. I legit want them to go 1-11. And I'I then spam her email account with 100s titled MEETING THE METRICS that just contains 1-11 and her spouing about metrics in an attachment.

Who's with me!
I might be able to automate this to the tune of a couple hundred unique emails automagically sent in every couple of seconds. It depends how much you want to put into it. They would eventually catch on and make a filter to block it.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I might be able to automate this to the tune of a couple hundred unique emails automagically sent in every couple of seconds. It depends how much you want to put into it. They would eventually catch on and make a filter to block it.

FROM THE DESK OF E. HARPER

😁

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelinWA
Ugh. I was expecting well over 200k for our Fresno Game. Especially with us in the news so much that week.
Not good.
I do think being in CBS sports hurts. Not available standard on most TV packages.
Friday should be better, but against some stiff competition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT