• Win

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Lose, cover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose, don’t cover

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The game isn’t on cbs sports app, ustvgo, or anything..

My scope is negative, anyone with a link?

Rebs lose another close one but K Hall leading scorer with 19. We all thought the guy has some offense. Congrats to K Hall and please play him more.

Our defense is getting shredded every game. You need to switch up the looks to keep other team off balance.

This sucks..Murray state was playing..

I guess this is how UNLV wants to build its brand.

Make it impossible to find on the internet…

A new face but just another loss. You really didn't miss much.
I would like to critique my rebels no matter what.

I’m still riding the high from the Dallas win.

I’ll just wait for “the hilights” like goofus and galant

Different opponent, same result. As much as I hate to say this, it’s better long-term for UNLV to keep losing because Kevin Kruger is not the answer.

Erick Harper didn’t hire him (he never would’ve if he was AD), and we can be done with him. It’s clear that it’s not working.

I looked at the schedule, the Rebels might only win 1 or 2 more games this season! Before you say anything… AFA is playing much better now and they give us problems because of our “low” IQ, so at AFA is a loss. Fresno was the first to beat UNM who is a good team so we might split and @CSU will be on the road next time, so that game is probably an L. That leaves SJSU at home as probable. But even if they win 3-4, it should spell the end of the Kevin Kruger era at UNLV. The basketball season is collapsing just like the football season did and we all know how that turned out for Arroyo!

What happened to the defense? Run out steam midseason? Teams figure us out? Was Parquet that vital?

Glad Hall got some play. I still think we have a competitive team that can beat any team in the conference but we have zero room for error or lack of motivation. It's got to be all out every single game. Disappointed in Muoka being such a nonfactor - we need him to hold down the paint.

I hate to say it, but the best thing for UNLV basketball is to keep losing. Kevin Kruger isn't the answer, and the sooner he's gone, the better.

What MW head coaches would you take over Kevin Kruger?

Every single one of them except for Justin Hutson has made the NCAA Tournament.

People are setting themselves up for disappointment if they expect Kruger to get sacked anytime soon

I was joking when I said UNLV should take after Chelsea and sack their coaches if they don't deliver after one or two seasons...🤣

Reactions: AnthemRebel
People are setting themselves up for disappointment if they expect Kruger to get sacked anytime soon

I was joking when I said UNLV should take after Chelsea and sack their coaches if they don't deliver after one or two seasons...🤣
It's only delaying the inevitable. And I don't agree. Erick Harper didn't hire Kevin Kruger.

I hate to say it, but the best thing for UNLV basketball is to keep losing. Kevin Kruger isn't the answer, and the sooner he's gone, the better.

What MW head coaches would you take over Kevin Kruger?

Every single one of them except for Justin Hutson has made the NCAA Tournament.
We wouldn't have kept Fisher long enough to turn the Rebels into the West Coast power SDSU is now. Same with BSU's Rice. We wouldn't have kept any of the other MWC coaches long enough to prove themselves. I'm not fool enough to think Tark's reincarnation is walking through our doors and any coach capable of turning it around in a year or two apparently looks at UNLV as a one night stand and nothing else. But lets just dump another coach after a couple years. That should work eventually. I got to live out the Tark glory years so do whatever you want! I'm good!

Hall had a chance to go ahead with basket in last minute. Dropped shoulder into defender and refs called the charge. That play epitomizes the season. Other two take aways (steals) and missed the layups with about four minutes to go. Every play is important and you can see the heads droop after blowing the breakaways. Shane needs to play. He is a finisher at the rim.

We wouldn't have kept Fisher long enough to turn the Rebels into the West Coast power SDSU is now. Same with BSU's Rice. We wouldn't have kept any of the other MWC coaches long enough to prove themselves. I'm not fool enough to think Tark's reincarnation is walking through our doors and any coach capable of turning it around in a year or two apparently looks at UNLV as a one night stand and nothing else. But lets just dump another coach after a couple years. That should work eventually. I got to live out the Tark glory years so do whatever you want! I'm good!
You didn't answer my question. Wyoming hired Jeff Linder and made the NCAA Tournament in his 2nd year. Utah State hired Craig Smith and made the NCAA Tournament in his 1st year.

If they can do it, UNLV should be able to.

You don't keep people just for the sake of keeping them.

You still didn't answer my question about who Kruger is better than?

You didn't answer my question. Wyoming hired Jeff Linder and made the NCAA Tournament in his 2nd year. Utah State hired Craig Smith and made the NCAA Tournament in his 1st year.

Linder is 5-13 this year 0-6 in conference. If he was here people would be calling for his head. Doesn’t matter he made the tournament last year.

Linder is 5-13 this year 0-6 in conference. If he was here people would be calling for his head. Doesn’t matter he made the tournament last year.
Injuries to three key players explain a lot. Poor defense is the other.

Kruger may not be the problem. Assistant coaches leaving during recruiting period was. Did it affect the team, hell yes, no power forwards but Hall showed up last night but sometimes his defense was so bad, US had dunks on his missed assignments. You will also see missed assignments in the game Kansas vs Kansas State. Great players make great plays so sometimes freshmen have to learn and we have to be realistic about recruiting woes stemming from assistants leaving Kruger high and dry.

What happened to the defense? Run out steam midseason? Teams figure us out? Was Parquet that vital?

Glad Hall got some play. I still think we have a competitive team that can beat any team in the conference but we have zero room for error or lack of motivation. It's got to be all out every single game. Disappointed in Muoka being such a nonfactor - we need him to hold down the paint.
"What happened to the defense? Run out steam midseason? Teams figure us out? Was Parquet that vital?"
1. Opposing coaches figured it out. 2) Easy to get a pass to an open shooter. 3) playing better shooting teams. 4) players shooting against us have much quicker releases. 5) Parquet.

We're still generating turnovers, but we aren't scoring off them nearly as much.

How the f should I know after 1.5 years? He had Bryce, Hamm and Donovan last year and looked better than most of them. He's down 2 potential starters and he looks no better than 5th or 6th best now. I can honestly say he's not better than Rice, Dutcher or even Alford at this point in his career. Probably equal or better than the rest of the coaches in the conference. Hard to say with such a small sampling of games under his belt.

How the f should I know after 1.5 years? He had Bryce, Hamm and Donovan last year and looked better than most of them. He's down 2 potential starters and he looks no better than 5th or 6th best now. I can honestly say he's not better than Rice, Dutcher or even Alford at this point in his career. Probably equal or better than the rest of the coaches in the conference. Hard to say with such a small sampling of games under his belt.
At the same level as Medved, Odom, Miles, Linder, Scott, Pitino?! 😂

At the same level as Medved, Odom, Miles, Linder, Scott, Pitino?! 😂
Linder is 0-6, we beat Pitino, lost to USU at Logan by 4(?), and lost to CSU by 1 in ot but they all completely outclass CKK? That's what you're saying? Yeah I think I'm done wasting my time replying to you. Nvm the fact that you would have fired Mussleman and Fisher because neither of them got their teams into the NCAAs by their 2nd year. Actually you sound like a perfect candidate for the UNLV athletic director job. You should apply! 🤡

Linder is 0-6, we beat Pitino, lost to USU at Logan by 4(?), and lost to CSU by 1 in ot but they all completely outclass CKK? That's what you're saying? Yeah I think I'm done wasting my time replying to you. Nvm the fact that you would have fired Mussleman and Fisher because neither of them got their teams into the NCAAs by their 2nd year. Actually you sound like a perfect candidate for the UNLV athletic director job. You should apply! 🤡
Ryan Odom is the only head coach in the history of the NCAA Tournament to beat a 1 seed as a 16 seed, and you’re saying Kevin Kruger is his equal? 😂

Eric Musselman made the NCAA Tournament in his 2nd year at UNR.

San Diego State had 6 winning seasons in the previous 20 years and 1 in the previous 14 before Steve Fisher arrived. Despite that, it only took him until his 3rd year to make the NCAA Tournament.

Kruger is another Sean Sutton. A Nepo baby living off of his dad’s name. He might be the laziest recruiter I have ever seen for a ”young” coach.
I don't know that he's lazy. I think it may be more of a flawed philosophy. Yeah, working the portal is important when you're trying to build a program, but he's relying on it way too much. We need some quality HS recruits to develop and build continuity, sprinkling in 2-4 transfers to fill gaps. 8-10 new faces each year isn't going to build crap.

Reactions: mwsn7022012
We do not know how much NIL money is behind him to go after top transfer recruits. In the Tark days, UNLV was easily top choice for transfers. I think this year only 1 was in top 100 transfers of players Unlv got.

We got some experienced coaches in the MT West. Not easy to dominate this bunch without overwhelming talent which we do not have.

Reactions: mwsn7022012
Recruiting will be harder and harder for KK. In the first year or two you can sell a dream. But now he has to sell a loser. Winning kids want to display their talent at the NCAA's. KK can only show them a team without a chance.

Recruiting will be harder and harder for KK. In the first year or two you can sell a dream. But now he has to sell a loser. Winning kids want to display their talent at the NCAA's. KK can only show them a team without a chance.
Agreed. This team is crashing. Without a big time coach change I believe the years ahead are going to be like the years behind. I was so optimistic at 10 - 0. However, I still could not shake the Rebel demond that things were about to go south....Go Cowboys....

You do realize KK is down 2 starters with injuries and has only been beaten soundly twice? While their are clouds, the sky has not fallen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT