ADVERTISEMENT

USC Hosting Jayden Maiava This Weekend

Working as a Financial Professional has been eye opening for me. I work with many who'd like to preserve their wealth so I come up with strategies for them to do so. It's inspiring for me since I'm passionate about this (like I am about health).

Working in the field, I know that finding someone with the "heart of a teacher" is rare in finance. You have to find someone you trust who puts YOUR interest first. If you, or a student-athlete, is pressured and pushed into something you aren't sure of and don't understand, find someone new.

Working as a Financial Professional has been eye opening for me. I work with many who'd like to preserve their wealth so I come up with strategies for them to do so. It's inspiring for me since I'm passionate about this (like I am about health).

Working in the field, I know that finding someone with the "heart of a teacher" is rare in finance. You have to find someone you trust who puts YOUR interest first. If you, or a student-athlete, is pressured and pushed into something you aren't sure of and don't understand, find someone new.
Are you trying to sell me whole life?!?!

Right. Evidently, Bush Hamden has been recruiting him since the kid was in 7th grade, while Hamden was at UW.
Nice thing about today’s transfer rules is it can reward long-term recruiting efforts of G5 schools when a top talent is sold on the hype of a P4 program but then learns what’s really going on once he’s there. It seems more often than not the kid falls back on long-term relationships, where typically there will be people surrounding him with more of his best interest in mind… typically.

I don't like this NIL rule, but i can't be a hypocrite . If a kid has a chance to improve his life so be it. Who are we to say that a kid has to turn down Sometimes life changing money because we don't want him to leave our team. Ninety nine point nine percent of people would do the exact same thing. Unless they Come from money or has money. It sucks And if it doesn't change as in if money Does not start Drying up it's Going to change college sports. They should just start a new division. With a few rules implemented, it could help teams with less boosters and whales. Essentially we would be a farm system. Some power 5 schools would be left out. Also as they don't have the boosters in support as others do. Less teams and too much talent to go around. The have nots would have plenty of High level castofs to fill their roster.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I don't like this NIL rule, but i can't be a hypocrite . If a kid has a chance to improve his life so be it. Who are we to say that a kid has to turn down Sometimes life changing money because we don't want him to leave our team. Ninety nine point nine percent of people would do the exact same thing. Unless they Come from money or has money. It sucks And if it doesn't change as in if money Does not start Drying up it's Going to change college sports. They should just start a new division. With a few rules implemented, it could help teams with less boosters and whales. Essentially we would be a farm system. Some power 5 schools would be left out. Also as they don't have the boosters in support as others do. Less teams and too much talent to go around. The have nots would have plenty of High level castofs to fill their roster.
Fair or not fair … put that to the side for the moment …. Players get paid, coaches get paid, and ultimately, the fans pay more. With dollars while gaining program instability and quite frankly, lesser products … and it pulls from loyalties as well.

Just the way it is.

Rampant free agency was a punch in the gut for me with pro sports, I slowly withdrew. I seriously have to root for Wade Boggs, a player I despise, because he signed with my favorite team? Game 7, 3-2, tie game, bottom of 9 with Boggs at the plate … am I rooting for a strikeout, a walk, a hit? Was more hopeful of him taking one in the chin.

This is worse than free agency because there are no real guardrails.

Now that UGA is involved this could get interesting. I believe Maiava will be there this weekend then make the Big Decision. I wonder how big the NIL deal will be.

Fair or not fair … put that to the side for the moment …. Players get paid, coaches get paid, and ultimately, the fans pay more. With dollars while gaining program instability and quite frankly, lesser products … and it pulls from loyalties as well.

Just the way it is.

Rampant free agency was a punch in the gut for me with pro sports, I slowly withdrew. I seriously have to root for Wade Boggs, a player I despise, because he signed with my favorite team? Game 7, 3-2, tie game, bottom of 9 with Boggs at the plate … am I rooting for a strikeout, a walk, a hit? Was more hopeful of him taking one in the chin.

This is worse than free agency because there are no real guardrails.
100% agree. Ideally the system evolves to something more balanced (minimum 2-yr deals?) that provides more stability for programs and fans.

He's already told the UGA staff that he's coming. Now if USC calls him right now and ups their offer, I can see a little hesitation, but I do not believe that will happen.
Wow, that's crazy. Any idea on what their expectations are with bringing him in? Hoping he'll start next year? Be a depth piece now and battle for starting position in a year or two?

Wow, that's crazy. Any idea on what their expectations are with bringing him in? Hoping he'll start next year? Be a depth piece now and battle for starting position in a year or two?
Learn the playbook and from Beck in 2024. Start in 2025. His camp was only okay with this because he has so much eligibility left.

That seems a little like bitter X vibes. Im not saying hes walking in the door and starting guaranteed in 2025, but if hes there a full year and given a chance to compete for the starting job if the staff believes in him earning it in 2025, then recruiting over him or not hes going to get a shot at Georgia and all the benefits of being at Georgia. I mean look at Ewers and Texas, they freaking paid Archie 3 million I think for him to be the 3rd string, even though everyone anticipated Archie starting. They recruited over Ewers but he was still given the shot to be the starter and owned that spot.

That seems a little like bitter X vibes. Im not saying hes walking in the door and starting guaranteed in 2025, but if hes there a full year and given a chance to compete for the starting job if the staff believes in him earning it in 2025, then recruiting over him or not hes going to get a shot at Georgia and all the benefits of being at Georgia. I mean look at Ewers and Texas, they freaking paid Archie 3 million I think for him to be the 3rd string, even though everyone anticipated Archie starting. They recruited over Ewers but he was still given the shot to be the starter and owned that spot.
I don't think anyone truly thought Archie would start over Ewers though. Him getting NIL is a completely differently situation because of his name.

It's very easy to say something now. Then a QB will go off next season and they'll bring him in too lol. But he would still benefit from being in the UGA system for a year.

Good luck to him, it’s a very intense atmosphere and lots of eyeballs monitoring your every move as a QB in SEC country.

Do great and you’ll have it made but start crying after a pick…phew, they’ll roast you forever.

Dude couldn’t even hang with Kansas but he’s going to ball in the SEC!? This is comical. Enjoy the bench and wasted time.
He’s only a freshman, I thought it was quite obvious that he would be excellent quarterback for us the next three years. Freshman QBs make a lot of mistakes. There aren’t too many Trevor Lawrence’s. I don’t think he is SEC good either, but maybe after sitting for a year who knows. It won’t hurt that he will have a half a dozen Ricky whites to throw to.

Didn‘t JM received multiple P4 offers out of high school from schools in the PAC, BIG and SEC including Auburn and Tennessee? Also, I thought one of the metrics used to determine potential value of a prospect is based on the caliber of their offers. Either Georgia and USC are way off base in their evaluation of JM or his play as a freshman QB was under appreciated by some. I thought he played very well for a red shirt freshmen.

I am surprised he picked Georgia over USC.
The money line must be that much more fantastic since it would be way easier for his family to take a quick road trip to California to watch games.

Though I hate California; flying into Atlanta to make it for home games every other week would be *** cancer.

Wait till Kirby goes to coach the falcons and whoever the new coach is like get this kid out of here..

I am always curious why there are post on this site where people wish the player the best of luck when they leave?

The simple fact is it is all business with many players who have zero loyalty to whatever school they are playing at. I cheer on the players and hope they have a great career at UNLV, but the minute they leave, I look at them like any employee that leaves and do not have a second thought about them when they are gone.

Reactions: rebelzzz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT