ADVERTISEMENT

USC Hosting Jayden Maiava This Weekend

You don’t wish people luck when they change jobs? Guy is walking out the door with his diploma in a box. You make eye contact (whether purposeful or accidental) and say nothing? You just watch him walk out? That’s awkward

I am always curious why there are post on this site where people wish the player the best of luck when they leave?

The simple fact is it is all business with many players who have zero loyalty to whatever school they are playing at. I cheer on the players and hope they have a great career at UNLV, but the minute they leave, I look at them like any employee that leaves and do not have a second thought about them when they are gone.
This is business. Maiva will always be tied to UNLV. Now he's at the pinnacle of college football sports. Wish the guy well. He wins, we win. It's really that simple. He's on a team that is favored to win the championship next year. Flick that clit and just enjoy how far we've come in one year. The fact that the football board is blowing up more than the basketball one is during basketball season is absolutely mind boggling to me. Maiva is a huge reason for that.

This is business. Maiva will always be tied to UNLV. Now he's at the pinnacle of college football sports. Wish the guy well. He wins, we win. It's really that simple. He's on a team that is favored to win the championship next year. Flick that clit and just enjoy how far we've come in one year. The fact that the football board is blowing up more than the basketball one is during basketball season is absolutely mind boggling to me. Maiva is a huge reason for that.
Agreed. As much in question the decision it’s his to make and he helped give us nice season. Always a Rebel (and a Liberty HS kid) so I also wish him well and hopes he shines and remembers where he got his start.

Too bad we didn't beat Boise and play USC in a bowl game. That would have been even better in hindsight.

I am always curious why there are post on this site where people wish the player the best of luck when they leave?

The simple fact is it is all business with many players who have zero loyalty to whatever school they are playing at. I cheer on the players and hope they have a great career at UNLV, but the minute they leave, I look at them like any employee that leaves and do not have a second thought about them when they are gone.

Once a player transfers I'm pretty much in the 'Peace out' camp.

Maybe some outside curiosity to see how productive they are at next stop.

But aside from that little to no interest.

Didn‘t JM received multiple P4 offers out of high school from schools in the PAC, BIG and SEC including Auburn and Tennessee? Also, I thought one of the metrics used to determine potential value of a prospect is based on the caliber of their offers. Either Georgia and USC are way off base in their evaluation of JM or his play as a freshman QB was under appreciated by some. I thought he played very well for a red shirt freshmen.

In regards to recent offers.

Take Georgia for instance. If Maiava is your #1 I'm not sure you are in a good place vs an SEC schedule and SEC defenses. (At least not yet).

However you could do a lot worse if he's your number three because he probably won't start right away, but he has some experience and starts under his belt unlike a true freshman..

Also have to consider since he has a 'handler' he might have been part of a package deal.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
In regards to recent offers.

Take Georgia for instance. If Maiava is your #1 I'm not sure you are in a good place vs an SEC schedule and SEC defenses. (At least not yet).

However you could do a lot worse if he's your number three because he probably won't start right away, but he has some experience and starts under his belt unlike a true freshman..

Also have to consider since he has a 'handler' he might have been part of a package deal.
Well, we know he could beat Vanderbilt. 😁

So he's committed to 3 different programs in the last approx 2+ weeks. First re-committed to UNLV and said he doesn't even know how the portal works. Then to UGA. Now to USC.

I understand how the portal works. But yeah. Bye Felicia. It's best long term to be done w. him now. It would have just been a longer running circus act here if he stayed.

That is kinda how I feel. I have nothing against their doing what is best for them, but just like the coaches, I have nothing against them, I just stay vested in the current players and coaches instead.

So he's committed to 3 different programs in the last approx 2+ weeks. First re-committed to UNLV and said he doesn't even know how the portal works. Then to UGA. Now to USC.

I understand how the portal works. But yeah. Bye Felicia. It's best long term to be done w. him now. It would have just been a longer running circus act here if he stayed.
My only guess would be either he is getting bad advice that constantly is changing, or USC came up with more NIL money.

It’s not our problem anymore.

Same. He had a good thing here. Now getting pulled in different directions and appears to be chasing the wrong goals. Best wishes and adios!

Who cares!
He is no longer a Rebel and I will not follow his career, no hate just don’t care!
Some here will talk his name ad nauseam and go over every detail of what happened and why he transferred, this will happen every year because of the NIL and portal so the staff needs to work the portal like their life depends on it and Harp needs to get our NIL bag up to a respectable level. But regardless we go on!

Hope it ends up being the right decision for him. It's the wild, wild, west right now in NIL land. Wonder if NILX is getting their beak wetter in LA than they were in Athens? But I don't respect the way he left. Que sera sera.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT