ADVERTISEMENT

upcoming conference schedule

jdlr33

Lottery Pick
Nov 28, 2002
it's been a tough start - looking at the next 6 games I think we will go 5-1 and be 6-6 going into the sdsu game. not that it matters a ton in the long run, but i'm still hoping we get to that 5th seed of the mwc tournament with the ultimate goal of reaching the final four
(of the mwc tournament - which is something that hasn't happened in a looooooooong time).

it's been a tough start - looking at the next 6 games I think we will go 5-1 and be 6-6 going into the sdsu game. not that it matters a ton in the long run, but i'm still hoping we get to that 5th seed of the mwc tournament with the ultimate goal of reaching the final four
(of the mwc tournament - which is something that hasn't happened in a looooooooong time).
You can't be serious????

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
So the next 6 games are at Fresno, Wyoming, UNR, at CSU, Fresno, and at Wyoming. I think we will beat Fresno both times and beat CSU. Wyoming has a ton of injuries so I think we can sweep them as well, but playing up in Laramie is difficult. UNR will be a difficult game.

I wont say that we cant go 5-1 because I can definitely see it IF AND ONLY IF Big Guard continues to get PT and balls out and Vic continues to start and play the bulk of the minutes. Parquet is coming back within the next week too so this should get interesting.

Just say'in....
Last game we lost. We didn’t play terribly. The team doesn’t look lost or broken … light on confidence I’d say … but this is the weakest stretch of conference ball coming up … I don’t see them going less than 3-2 on this stretch. That ain’t great, puts us at 4-7 which is downright awful … but this team isn’t without talent. I think they are top 3/4 in talent in conference.

Last game we lost. We didn’t play terribly. The team doesn’t look lost or broken … light on confidence I’d say … but this is the weakest stretch of conference ball coming up … I don’t see them going less than 3-2 on this stretch. That ain’t great, puts us at 4-7 which is downright awful … but this team isn’t without talent. I think they are top 3/4 in talent in conference.
I hope you are right Bro. I am bullish on them at this point. I hope I am wrong....

", not that it matters a ton in the long run,"

This.

If you aren't 5th or above you have to play the extra game. Setting aside the covid years, it takes an average of 7 losses to get 5th seed. I don't believe there is any way we go the rest of the conference with two losses.

So KK should feel free to test different schemes, lineups, defenses etc. He should also make sure his best players are rested and ready for March.

I think we saw that realization with Hall getting PT. We most likely will see more.

", not that it matters a ton in the long run,"

This.

If you aren't 5th or above you have to play the extra game. Setting aside the covid years, it takes an average of 7 losses to get 5th seed. I don't believe there is any way we go the rest of the conference with two losses.

So KK should feel free to test different schemes, lineups, defenses etc. He should also make sure his best players are rested and ready for March.

I think we saw that realization with Hall getting PT. We most likely will see more.
March???

I’ll be the only guy here who says we go 6-0.

Feel free to throw it in my face if I’m wrong. Wont be the first time.

Different team with Parquet.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

Honestly I’m with you on that. I think this team is gonna go on a nice run and end up very close to tournament quality by the end of the season. They are the first team in a decade that plays hard every night I’ve seen (except San Jose)

They should get some wins, but it’s fools good. Easier part of the schedule and have Parquet back.

Dude Fresno is 6-11, let that sink in a little.

We’re also on a slight losing streak..

I think it’s going to be an ugly game.

Hoped for 6-0. After that, not sure we finish above 500.

I thought we played ok in the USU loss. No excuses for looking like that today.

Reactions: lobbybuu
We were ok in the USU game, other than the loss. Today was an absolute wreck.

Good news, the losing streak snaps before 1000 fans at the Mack vs Wyoming.
Maybe, don’t know. Cboys just beat the team that beat us. Before today my thoughts were that it’s all about football as far as a P-5 invite goes and that is true but my feeling about CKK are changing. until today was ride it out for 2 years no matter the results until we get into a P-5 but this is getting embarrassing. If things don’t turn around quick Harp may need to start making inquiries and if he does I would love to see a wrong righted. 2 wrongs happened at the same time, the firing of Rice and the snubbing of Augmon. I would be happiest with Augmon.

Blown out by Fresno. I said it 2 weeks ago....season over, good bye KK
He could get zero wins and still come back next year, IMO. But I don't think he could survive a third-year below expectation season even with his buy-out numbers. MM got canned after his third year. But he went 11-7 in conference. In today's political environment, it would be impossible to fire the black coach after three years and keep the white coach after three years with a poorer record.

The bar will be set at 12-6 in conference next year for KK. One game better than Menzies.

And people like to talk about Menzies bad OOC schedule. If you compare his OOC with KK OOC you'll see Menzies played a slightly more difficult OOC schedule.

Last edited:
He could get zero wins and still come back next year, IMO. But I don't think he could survive a third-year below expectation season even with his buy-out numbers. MM got canned after his third year. But he went 11-7 in conference. In today's political environment, it would be impossible to fire the black coach after three years and keep the white coach after three years with a poorer record.

The bar will be set at 12-6 in conference next year for KK. One game better than Menzies.

And people like to talk about Menzies bad OOC schedule. If you compare his OOC with KK OOC you'll see Menzies played a slightly more difficult OOC schedule.
I figured this years OOC to be much stronger than Marc’s second year. That second year was really bad. We had Utah (NIT team, we won) and Arizona (floundering at the time, an OT loss, but AZ was talented). And I thought the rest of them were the Incarnate Word variety of team (exaggeration but you get the point).

If he goes winless, he’s gone! And rightfully so.

I think, at this point in the season, Menzies second year FAR surpassed KK. He was 6-1 in the conference to KK 1-6. Menzies team fell apart the last 5 games, but up until then he was far above anything KK has done. And he did it without the portal as it is now.

Menzies had loads of faults. But he was a much more seasoned coach than KK and could BS players to come. I think he would have done very well with the portal.

Worst January ever. Playing such a soft preseason schedule made them(and us) overconfident in their abilities and did nothing to prepare them for conference play. If CKK gets another year this can't happen again.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Losing actually does not cost way more. Paying a lot for a coach costs way more. You think brining in a big head coach and winning 10 games in a row to start the season is going to bring fans to the games?

Where you been, Mack? UNLV operates in a completely different sporting environment than it used to. At our best, we have 5,000 fans.

THIS is UNLV. THIS is Las Vegas.

And since we're on the topic of money, and money is no object, write that check to the RAF. I for one would be very grateful for the generous donation to the big head coach fund you are seeding.

Losing actually does not cost way more. Paying a lot for a coach costs way more. You think brining in a big head coach and winning 10 games in a row to start the season is going to bring fans to the games?

Where you been, Mack? UNLV operates in a completely different sporting environment than it used to. At our best, we have 5,000 fans.

THIS is UNLV. THIS is Las Vegas.
You have obviously never taken an ECON 101 class!

In addition, if we brought in a big-name head coach and the 10-0 start included winning the Battle 4 Atlantis or Maui Invitational, plus wins against teams like UCLA, Arizona, Gonzaga, Kansas, Indiana, etc., you're damn right the fans would start to come!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT