ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs Oregon State game

I wasn't writing in regards to location, more in regards to quality of team, but it doesn't hurt that my sister lives 20 miles from the Oregon State stadium.
The Rebel fanboy in me wants to say both teams are beneath us. The realist in me knows we have some time to go to catch up to Oregon state. There is a gap, but the gap is shrinking.

They made and spent more money than we did last year. But realistically once that Pac12 funding dries up, they will shrink to our level. They had a larger deficit last year (over 6m) than what UNLV stands to earn next year (4.5m) from the MWC.

With that said Oregon state will continue to be a decent in g5 football. New Mexico doesn’t have the fanbase, support, or alumni network like Oregon state does. New Mexico already has a hard time filling seats. Even with a 6-7 season, Oregon state’s attendance numbers were 12k over UNLV in 2023.

Coos Bay, I got here in Feb and it rained until April, obviously way different than Vegas, but not as bad as I expected.

Home of Steve Prefontaine.

I moved from LV to Oregon (only lived there a year) I remember the first time flying back into LV seeing just the ugly brown desert everywhere as we were about to land saying to my wife how the hell did we live in here so long. Oregon is awesome, after a year moved to Seattle for 5 years which is also awesome but the weather started to wear on us. The summers are amazing but seemed to get shorter every year and the winters longer.

Hope you will make some Oregon football games this season. I go to games all over the country and Autzen is right up there with the best atmospheres in college football. Ive had season tickets since 2002 and go up for a lot of games. The Ohio State game this year should be crazy. I sold 4 of my six season seats for $600 each to that game and then will be using the other 2 myself. We have a good tailgate group so if you want hit me up and you can join us.

I moved from LV to Oregon (only lived there a year) I remember the first time flying back into LV seeing just the ugly brown desert everywhere as we were about to land saying to my wife how the hell did we live in here so long. Oregon is awesome, after a year moved to Seattle for 5 years which is also awesome but the weather started to wear on us. The summers are amazing but seemed to get shorter every year and the winters longer.

Hope you will make some Oregon football games this season. I go to games all over the country and Autzen is right up there with the best atmospheres in college football. Ive had season tickets since 2002 and go up for a lot of games. The Ohio State game this year should be crazy. I sold 4 of my six season seats for $600 each to that game and then will be using the other 2 myself. We have a good tailgate group so if you want hit me up and you can join us.
I lived in Portland two years and we moved because of the weather it is pretty but…

I’m coaching track and field at Prefontaines HS, it’s pretty surreal being a life long track field fan to then end up coaching at his school. This school has been around since 1900 and the old sports memorabilia in the gym is crazy to see.
I definitely want to see a Ducks game this year!
I was so sick and tired of the heat I had to get out, so I don’t mind the rain in the winter and 65-70* summer days.

I lived in Portland two years and we moved because of the weather it is pretty but…
Portland in the early 2000's was absolutely gorgeous and pristine. When I moved to Boston, it was different..damn it was cold and dirty.

Portland in the early 2000's was absolutely gorgeous and pristine. When I moved to Boston, it was different..damn it was cold and dirty.
Downtown Portland was mixed it has a healthy share of bad areas. Boston was dirty at one time but that changed a long time ago going on 20 years or so now.

Downtown Portland was mixed it has a healthy share of bad areas. Boston was dirty at one time but that changed a long time ago going on 20 years or so now.
Around Mass General is still dirty or at least relative to 2000's Portland.

Yes it is they are about the same. Mass General/Downtown Crossing but small areas
I worked for the City of Portland while attending undergraduate. We kept it clean. I was management by my 4th year in college and in downtown Portland it is clean. And I go out everyday from my office. The city was cleaned. Toward the NE area maybe but not downtown. Boston people dont know how to be clean. F*cking the trash can be right there by their foot but they chose to throw their coffee cup on the streets.

I worked for the City of Portland while attending undergraduate. We kept it clean. I was management by my 4th year in college and in downtown Portland it is clean. And I go out everyday from my office. The city was cleaned. Toward the NE area maybe but not downtown. Boston people dont know how to be clean. F*cking the trash can be right there by their foot but they chose to throw their coffee cup on the streets.
You don't see that often most of Boston is quite clean now. Just pockets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT