ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UNLV vs Fresno St. 9/28/2024

I believe Sluka has more top end. Sluka also moved with purpose. Hajj isn’t THAT much slower. I think it looks that way because he’s more through with his reads. Sluka would look at his one read, and then run if they weren’t open.

Hajj is 81% today I couldn’t imagine Sluka being that accurate.
I think the speed is similar. But Hajj feels his way, doesn’t sprint his way. Neither is wrong, just different.

Reactions: RebelinWA
He was not good as DC. He's a good recruiter. Solid position coach at other stops, but absolutely nothing he did here at UNLV as our DC made me think give that guy the keys to the car.
I thought Keene was going to get kill at times with his play callings. This UNLV's defense is no joke.And why he trying so hard when the game so out off hand?

Sluka can run better he has more strength like on that sneak he would have gotten in but Hajj looked a lot better as a passer if given the choice based on this game I take Hajj over Sluka. Hajj looked a lot better than I had expected.
Sluka is more talented and has the bigger arm, but that’s not what makes a QB successful. Hajj has the intangibles, smarts and leadership to succeed in this offense. You’ll notice as the play was developing he had very good situational awareness of the pocket, knowing when to bail and move. I should also mention that Hajj makes quick decisions and gets the ball out quicker.

It’s very interesting that for the second season in a row, Odom’s backup QB ends up making the offense much more electric and dynamic.

Remember guys, yell it out proudly. “That’s our quarterback!” The next four games are critical for this program. I m a little nervous with Boise. They definitely got some talent on that team. With that said, I have full confidence in our team. We put up more points on Fresno than Michigan did. Not saying we would hang with Michigan; but this team has something special.

Sluka is more talented and has the bigger arm, but that’s not what makes a QB successful. Hajj has the intangibles, smarts and leadership to succeed in this offense. You’ll notice as the play was developing he had very good situational awareness of the pocket, knowing when to bail and move. I should also mention that Hajj makes quick decisions and gets the ball out quicker.

It’s very interesting that for the second season in a row, Odom’s backup QB ends up making the offense much more electric and dynamic.
He was much better in the pocket Sluka looks to run too soon barely makes it past his first read. Sluka is more athletic not that Hajj is a slouch by any means but I imagine the arm arm and leg strength got them enticed but as you said Hajj looks the better qb.

Reactions: RebelinWA

Remember guys, yell it out proudly. “That’s our quarterback!” The next four games are critical for this program. I m a little nervous with Boise. They definitely got some talent on that team. With that said, I have full confidence in our team. We put up more points on Fresno than Michigan did. Not saying we would hang with Michigan; but this team has something special.
Boise will definitely be tough but we have a few big games before we get there.

Too bad Boise can't say the same...
Seriously, they might get chatter, but their schedule was soft outside Oregon...getting both Temu12 Schools really hurt their ability to land another strong ooc game

They looked really good tonight though. Defensively I was surprised considering the points and yards they had been giving up so far this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT