ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UNLV vs Fresno St. 9/28/2024

From what I can see on UNLV tickets, it looks like there may be less than 1000 seats available in the lower bowl, so the lower bowl should be pretty much full. Hopefully they open up some of the upper sections as well.

Reactions: RebelinWA
What is this game you speak of?
damn-you-animated-gif.gif

Well, it's been quite a week. Hopefully the team is able to focus on the task at hand and rally behind HMW on Saturday.
I think the team is more than focused after everything that’s happened this week with Sluka and realignment. I’m sure Odom has recommended they stay away from social media, but these are 18-22 year old kids and I’m sure they’ve seen all the negativity being posted about the program and how they’ll be lucky to win another game now or how they were left behind by the P12 because they weren’t deserving. It seems like the team is rallying behind Hajj Malik from what I can tell and I haven’t seen anything upset about Sluka leaving the program. Hopefully these kids come out and play with a chip on their shoulders and prove all the naysayers wrong.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think the team is more than focused after everything that’s happened this week with Sluka and realignment. I’m sure Odom has recommended they stay away from social media, but these are 18-22 year old kids and I’m sure they’ve seen all the negativity being posted about the program and how they’ll be lucky to win another game now or how they were left behind by the P12 because they weren’t deserving. It seems like the team is rallying behind Hajj Malik from what I can tell and I haven’t seen anything upset about Sluka leaving the program. Hopefully these kids come out and play with a chip on their shoulders and prove all the naysayers wrong.
I hope the team is hyped, but that Hajj is able to keep his wits about him and not try to do too much. With the way the defense has been playing, hopefully we don't need him to do too much.

Reactions: goraphareb
From what I can see on UNLV tickets, it looks like there may be less than 1000 seats available in the lower bowl, so the lower bowl should be pretty much full. Hopefully they open up some of the upper sections as well.
Just checked on the UNLVTickets site, and it looks like a bunch more seats just became available in some of the sections. Mostly sections 128-132. Not sure what that's about. Do they have them available on other sites or something, up until the day before the game?

Have to take care of a family situation in St. George, otherwise I would be there. FS1 on my DirecTV stream will do just fine. That's the last home game I'll miss this season.

Really wish I could be there to see the fans and players rally around each other. Would be a HUGE win for the program moving forward. As Dory would say, "just keep winning, just keep winning" or something like that.

Defense will need to come up huge to get this win. If it's a shootout I trust Keane more than Hajj or Cam to come away with the W. Need to get pressure with 4. Their passing attack is really good. If we're forced to bring 5-6 just to get pressure Keane will pick us apart. I love our LBs. Stout and smart. DBs and safeties are proving to be excellent.

They do like to get the ball out quick so tackling will have to be superb. If the first guy misses the play will go for 7-8 yards every time. Need to limit that and get them in 3rd and long situations. They use the play action a lot so our players just need to trust eachother and schemes. Play within the confines of your own duties.

Then Fresno safety went out last week and needed surgery (prayers for his recovery) so I think the deep ball will be there if Hajj wants to stretch the field. I know deJesus and White just want the ball. We can win by just getting them the ball and let them do work in man situations. Go 6 yards per play by just putting it in their hands and take the pressure off of Hajj. Then use post/wheel route combos for homerun balls if the secondary decides to press.

***IN ADDITION***

I think we should be able to run all over these fools, but I imagine Skipper's defensive strategy this week will be "If Hajj can beat us through the air...God Bless Him." Expect 7-8 on every play to stop our running game. Hajj will need to do work.

***IN ADDITION***

I think we should be able to run all over these fools, but I imagine Skipper's defensive strategy this week will be "If Hajj can beat us through the air...God Bless Him." Expect 7-8 on every play to stop our running game. Hajj will need to do work.
Sacramento State put up 30 points and 470 yards of offense against them, so hopefully we can move the ball well too. They did give up 46 though. The key is going to be starting well. Can't have another 1st half like the Kansas game.

One good thing we know for sure...FSU's corners won't be nearly as good as Kansas'. Should open up more chances for the WR group. Need to get Balungay going also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT