ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV Exploring Options After USU Joins PAC

With the Pac 7 suing the MWC this morning to not pay poaching fees there may be no money to pay rebels to stay

There isn't any money to pay UNLV to stay because that money is about to get tied up in courts.

So Gloria can promise UNLV and AFA all kinds of things but she can't deliver until PAC money comes in.

There isn't any money to pay UNLV to stay because that money is about to get tied up in courts.

So Gloria can promise UNLV and AFA all kinds of things but she can't deliver until PAC money comes in.
Gloria wasn't just promising she was guaranteeing. Bless her heart. Show me the money.

With the Pac 7 suing the MWC this morning to not pay poaching fees there may be no money to pay rebels to stay
Is your thought process that because the MWC will have to defend the lawsuits they won't have money to pay their members? or am I misunderstanding your point?

The $17M/school exit fees are enforceable and not an issue. That sits at $85M from the 5 leaving schools. That's an influx of cash not involving it's normal revenue streams. They have in-house attorneys that are salary....so the cost of fighting a lawsuit is mostly a fixed cost.

Is your thought process that because the MWC will have to defend the lawsuits they won't have money to pay their members? or am I misunderstanding your point?

The $17M exit fees are enforceable and not an issue. That sits at $85M from the 5 leaving schools. That's an influx of cash not involving it's normal revenue streams. They have in-house attorneys that are salary....so the cost of fighting a lawsuit is mostly a fixed cost.

Thanks for clarification on that.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
PAC knows how much money the MWC is offering UNLV. Are they taking that option and making us question its reality to force our hand? Timing appears so. Very weird timing for this lawsuit.

PAC knows how much money the MWC is offering UNLV. Are they taking that option and making us question its reality to force our hand? Timing appears so. Very weird timing for this lawsuit.
Timing is not weird. The payment of the poaching fee was to be paid within 30 days of the "poached" being "poached." They had to file it within the next 25 days or so. It was already drafted and ready to go once the first 4 schools announced.

Timing is not weird. The payment of the poaching fee was to be paid within 30 days of the "poached" being "poached." They had to file it within the next 25 days or so. It was already drafted and ready to go once the first 4 schools announced.
That makes cents and sense. They could have waited another 25 days officially, but I still believe this was a message to UNLV to poop or get off the pot.

Even with the lawsuit, the agreement states that if it takes longer than 30 days to pay, they'll begin to accrue interest on that amount, so it could actually increase.

Even with the lawsuit, the agreement states that if it takes longer than 30 days to pay, they'll begin to accrue interest on that amount, so it could actually increase.
In the likelihood this lawsuit goes on past the original due date and the PAC loses, the interest is included in a MW win? Timing still seems suspicious. But, I definitely understand more of the details. Appreciate both of you for explaining.

We will end up just pooping before we get to the pot.
Is this another credible report from you Meister? :)

Ok, last post for a while, I have things to do.

Here's the needed scenario:
  • UNLV accepts the Pac offer
  • Pac-2 President's immediately fire Teresa, acknowledge that mistakes were made, and they were all Teresa's fault
  • President's then go to the MW, say their mea culpa's, and say look let's go back to the full reverse merger. We will give you all a modest $ sweetener just for fun. Gloria, you are our new Commissioner, the PacWest-14 offices will move to Colorado Springs
  • With Hawaii back in tow, we get going on our corporate sponsorship deal. Out springs the shiny new Alaska/Hawaiian Air PacWest-14. Logo planes for all members
Simple dimple. You are all welcome. Sincerely, the Allmighty, All-knowing, and All-Seeing Loyal One. As I am referred to by - well let's see - ME! :)

The $85M from the 5 schools is not going to be tied up in the courts. Just the poaching fees will be "tied up" in the courts. The Pac12 knows they will lose and are hoping the MWC takes a decreased amount in lieu of a lawsuit.
But in nearly every other exit fee situation, those fees have been negotiated down.

The PAC was due 100 mil, they got 50 plus a 15 mil bonus because they got totally screwed, when some of the CUSA went to the AAC it was negotated down to about 60%.

I don't think we can expect the full 85 million

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
But in nearly every other exit fee situation, those fees have been negotiated down.

The PAC was due 100 mil, they got 50 plus a 15 mil bonus because they got totally screwed, when some of the CUSA went to the AAC it was negotated down to about 60%.

I don't think we can expect the full 85 million
The reason why we should expect it all is the Pac2+ was going to pay it for the schools. If that "rumor" is not true then I agree with your point. If that "rumor" is not true but the schools were told by the Pac2+ it was true....this will be must see TV

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT