ADVERTISEMENT

U of A

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
well, it was a great atmosphere tonight. Loved the energy. With a very healthy dose of UA fans, it had a post season feel. Both sides were loud and pumped.

This AZ team has some really good talent, but they are so far from what they were supposed to be. Yes, still a tall challenge and a tough game, but those guys are a defensive mess.

From just a neutral standpoint, i think it was a fun game to watch. From a fan standpoint, painful. It’s one thing to lose when they outplay you, it’s entirely something else when you get clueless during crunch time.

I don’t understand some decisions. They seemed senseless. And too many poor decisions when games are on the line. It happens. But it’s happened twice in a row now. And that is disappointing.

We won’t get much practice anytime soon with crunch time execution. The upcoming opponents are sacrificial cupcakes. Once we hit conference, we will see some. Hopefully they pick it up in the meantime. Would rather a couple more challenges before then, though.

I like our guys. I’m a little disappointed with Jordan. He looked great during the sugary sweet part of the schedule, only looks ok when there’s some “bigger” games. I don’t know if it’s coincidence or if that’s him. I really do hope it’s just coincidence and not just looking like an All Star vs the Washington Generals.

Like our bigs a lot too, but defensively, soft as charmin. Board work is nice, offense is nice… but they don’t defend the post a little bit.

This team is good. Not great, but they are good and they won’t be an easy out for anybody left on the schedule. You aren’t going to see double digit losses or anything like that. You’re going to see a lot of wins here on out. They’ll finish OOC without another loss and I cannot see them winning less than 12 games in conference. That won’t be enough for a bid, which is unfortunate, because this team would have fared well with a schedule that was good enough to get a bid.

We have to get better and will get better. Right now the two biggest things are interior defense and everything to do with crunch time. Both are able to be improved drastically.

This would have been a “good” win for sure. It’s a shame to blow a big halftime lead, momentum, an energetic crowd.... can happen on the road more easily. Shouldn’t happen at Home. That’s disappointing. Back to back crunch time garbage. Ugh.

Reactions: Rutaylormd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News