ADVERTISEMENT

They suck!

I just watched Usc vs uclz today on tv.
Rivalry game and crowd of only 5,200.
USC looked horrible but won with big 2nd half, UCLz looked really horrible.

Point is, unlv Does suck this year. But so do some other teams with big names. College hoop just ain’t what it used to be all over.

Unlv defense vs SDSU was terrible, rebounding also terrible.

Unlv has a bit better athletes than SDSU but could not match up with them much at all.

This is a game where player and team development for other team much better than unlv.

I always evaluated a season by the number of losses. Especially given our level of competition. Single digit losses being a good season. Double digit losses not so good regardless of the number of wins.

You are missing the point spilotro. UNLV had at best a poor season last year, play an easier schedule, and will need to play great to even reach the same record as last season!

You are missing the point spilotro. UNLV had at best a poor season last year, play an easier schedule, and will need to play great to even reach the same record as last season!
It’s a very simplistic way to judge a season is my point. Play a top 20 SOS and you’ll get your 10 losses and that may not mean a bad season.

Reactions: JTthe2nd
Joe, I did say, "Especially given our level of competition." At the moment, it is hard to picture unlit playing a top 20 SOS schedule.

Joe, I did say, "Especially given our level of competition." At the moment, it is hard to picture unlit playing a top 20 SOS schedule.
No. But it’s simple to play a top 150 schedule. All you have to do is want it and schedule for it. I think half the teams in our league do.

Still, losses is a poor way to judge an entire season. Too simplistic. Yeah, like wins, it’s an absolute, easy to eyeball and come up with that decision line, but so much more goes into it, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT