ADVERTISEMENT

The Inside Story on Sluka's Transfer

Boston Rebel 2

Retired Number
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2020
The bigger piece is Marion is supposedly the one who promised 100k and Odom didn't know until after..

Sluka's agent, Marcus Cromartie, told ESPN that UNLV didn't come through on a verbal offer of $100,000 from an assistant coach. The quarterback's father, Bob Sluka, told ESPN that head coach Barry Odom later said in a phone conversation that the offer wasn't valid because it didn't come from him, but rather from offensive coordinator Brennan Marion, who declined comment to ESPN.

The bigger piece is Marion is supposedly the one who promised 100k and Odom didn't know until after..

Sluka's agent, Marcus Cromartie, told ESPN that UNLV didn't come through on a verbal offer of $100,000 from an assistant coach. The quarterback's father, Bob Sluka, told ESPN that head coach Barry Odom later said in a phone conversation that the offer wasn't valid because it didn't come from him, but rather from offensive coordinator Brennan Marion, who declined comment to ESPN.
Spin... All spin... 6 months since February before season started to get it in writing and secured. Heck 3 months before you graduated, you couldve backed out and gone elsewhere. Thats on the agent.

Spin... All spin... 6 months since February before season started to get it in writing and secured. Heck 3 months before you graduated, you couldve backed out and gone elsewhere. Thats on the agent.
Exactly. A verbal non-writing offer? And when was this supposed to be paid that he came here anyway without any money, at season's end?

So why did they say he went to Odom, when Odom didn’t make the “promise”? If I were Odom I would have told him to get back to practice too.

So why did they say he went to Odom, when Odom didn’t make the “promise”? If I were Odom I would have told him to get back to practice too.
He went to the coach because the agent wasnt getting anywhere with the NIL collective. They figured Odom would call them up and tell them to get it done and just keep things moving. Someone over valued their position.

He went to the coach because the agent wasnt getting anywhere with the NIL collective. They figured Odom would call them up and tell them to get it done and just keep things moving. Someone over valued their position.
Does that mean he pays Odom to be his agent? All I’m hearing is that his agent was incompetent and missed on a lot of steps.

Notice that they say "scholarships". Remind me when the NCAA changed the rules to allow schools to directly participate in NIL activities? Early this summer? So while we all know that schools/coaches have been quietly in the mix all along, wouldn't direct overtures be against the rules at the time?
I honestly have no clue how schools and collectives are handling this stuff. How does WSU make offers? Would a transfer agree to come in without having certainty of what the offer is? Seems unlikely.

That statement is a straight bullseye into Sluka's credibility... framing it as a pay for play conversation will make him untouchable for serious big programs..
Good they should poison him, his statement is pure bs. Now every school should think if they sign him it will be investigated.

Reactions: SilverSpoon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT