ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Syracuse

We had opportunities....
Sorry guys, I was glued to the TV the whole game. Defense got too tired. F-ing late hit penalty in OT was inexcusable but also kind of BS if you ask me. Bang-bang play.

Should have called a timeout to preserve clock near the end of regulation, then tried to do something rather than concede to going to OT. That's on your coach.

Officiating sucked, had an impact on the final outcome with bad calls.

But you can’t have the defense on the field for 96 goddamn plays. Offense has to do their job too. TOP 2:1.

They were winded Jackson makes that play most times. He was floored.

Have to get back at it and unleash holy hell on Utah State.

This was our giveaway game.

We got one vs Kansas.

You forgot a bunch of bs calls. Missed tackle on 4th and 1 by Cat was so huge also.
Getting shit on the first 11 minutes in the 1st qtr did not help either. Had to spend the entire 2nd qtr digging back out then place ourselves ahead. Oh well, onto the next. Other than Boise that is the toughest team yet, and the first opponent that didn't look like absolute trash start to finish.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
But...Robbed? 100% yes, that last call was absolute bullshit, but we should not have been in the position where that should have mattered in the first place.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be Utah St... they're about to get blasted in consecutive weeks...

But also this team will do it's push-ups and running for all the dumb mistakes that cost them, refocus and blast whatever gets in their way... They now circle Boise game and get their shot to take down a Top 25 foe

Officiating sucked, had an impact on the final outcome with bad calls.

But you can’t have the defense on the field for 96 goddamn plays. Offense has to do their job too. TOP 2:1.

They were winded Jackson makes that play most times. He was floored.

Have to get back at it and unleash holy hell on Utah State.

This was our giveaway game.

We got one vs Kansas.
Had multiple SYRACUSE fans admit they got the calls in their favor.

If any player reads this site, just know that your effort didn’t go unnoticed. I’m sure a lot of NFL scouts were there and the fact that both sides of the ball showed a lot of COMPETE and grit was impressive. Most teams would pack it in after being blown out 14-0 right out of the gate.

I put this loss on CBO for the simple reason that he should have known his D was gassed, and utilized his offense to at least try to win the game at the end of the 4th. At the very least use timeouts to keep your gassed defense from falling apart at the end.

Kneeing the ball to take it to OT almost never works. Almost like CBO forgot what was at stake.

I'm pretty sure we're the girl on the right tonight. Still totally hot.

I'm also pretty sure the girl on the left was a wonderful adversary and one we all respect.
race losers GIF

100% on Odom on this one. You're defense is literally sucking from oxygen tanks because they're completely gassed, you have 23 secs with all to's left and you only need a fg to win and you take a knee!? WTF!!?? What in the hell were you thinking!?
Yeah he should have at least given them a few plays if anything to give the D rest. That said I don't know if it matters unless they make the kick our D couldn't get them off the field for 3 quarters.

It took 63 passes to beat UNLV... I don't see any other team in the conference doing that.. it's still us vs Boise for a CFP birth
Yeah I think it definitely comes down to us and them in the title game. I'm not so confident we can beat them though. Our defense needs work. Getting McDuffie will help.

Blame all around, especially with the refs. But this was far from a gimme and we expected a fight from a very good Cuse team with some key players back and a QB who can play on Sunday. Tough tough loss Rebs but down hang your head long. Let’s get back at it on Monday as it’s a long season. I actually feel more confident going into OSU after witnessing this game. This team has fight and character and I expect them to learn from this and rise to another level. Need to take care of business so we have a clean shot at BSU. Let’s go Rebels!!

Yeah he should have at least given them a few plays if anything to give the D rest. That said I don't know if it matters unless they make the kick our D couldn't get them off the field for 3 quarters.
What gets me is that CBO attempted to get some more points at the end of the first half with 2 quick passes but won’t bother to try to win at the end of the game.

I don’t get it and hate to say it but maybe CBO was mentally gassed at that point that he just wanted get to OT.

What gets me is that CBO attempted to get some more points at the end of the first half with 2 quick passes but won’t bother to try to win at the end of the game.

I don’t get it and hate to say it but maybe CBO was mentally gassed at that point that he just wanted get to OT.

Yeah I don't know.

We're 4-1. This one stings. But still a ton to play for.

Yeah I don't know.

We're 4-1. This one stings. But still a ton to play for.
A lot of season left. This one feels just like Fresno last year. They rebounded well from that loss, hoping for the same here.

If they can take care of business the next 2, that Boise game will be huge and allegiant will be rocking again.

I said it before. Our offense and defense are much improved, but no area is more improved than special teams.

Also, last TD drive, Rebs kept snapping the ball with 15+ seconds on the play clock. Could have given Cuse the ball with <2 minutes instead of the, what, 3:30 or so?

Reactions: WarthogRebel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT