ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Syracuse

I've got this one at 34-24, UNLV over Syracuse.

Orange will be able to move the ball through the air and score more than anyone UNLV has played to date, but will also have a couple of turnovers (most likely interceptions due to predictably relying heavily on the passing game against a capable secondary). UNLV winning the turnover battle, plus presenting a balanced attack gets them enough scores to cover at home.
Sounds about right.

What? We literally gave Mikey Keane no time by bringing 4. Same with Kansas in the 2H and Houston the entire game.
So glad you disagree. Seriously I was hoping there would be a counter to that statement. SU QB is more talented than Keane and their receivers are better than most we’ve faced as well. I’m probably just being overly worried.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
There is a guy I follow for college football betting. UNLV minus the points is his pick of the week but the thing I found interesting in that pick was he said UNLV was one of the top 10 teams in the country vs the spread last season and if you include this season we are #1 vs the spread in the country. I guess we have been underestimated though this spread would tell me people are taking notice. Two years ago who had UNLV -6.5 vs anyone other than Bryant and the like. The same program that lost as a 45 point favorite vs Howard lol.

Delete this post.

Do not invoke that name! The one that rhymes with coward.

So glad you disagree. Seriously I was hoping there would be a counter to that statement. SU QB is more talented than Keane and their receivers are better than most we’ve faced as well. I’m probably just being overly worried.
You can be overly worried but our pass rush hasn’t been bad this season. McCord is less mobile that Keane. Pressure on McCord is even more of an impact on their offense.

I think MxCord throws for more than 300 but we win.

You can be overly worried but our pass rush hasn’t been bad this season. McCord is less mobile that Keane. Pressure on McCord is even more of an impact on their offense.

I think MxCord throws for more than 300 but we win.

How he gets those yards is what will be key. If it's in big chunks leading to quick scores. No Bueno.

If he's having to check down a lot of throws I'm ok with it.

Anyone else have trouble falling asleep last night like I did?

Used to happen with big national TV basketball games, like UNLV vs North Carolina or Arizona .... or even a key BYU or SDSU game, doesn't happen in hoops anymore.

I guess I should be thankful for nights of tossing and turning. Just way too much nervous anticipation.

Used to happen with big national TV basketball games, like UNLV vs North Carolina or Arizona .... or even a key BYU or SDSU game, doesn't happen in hoops anymore.

I guess I should be thankful for nights of tossing and turning. Just way too much nervous anticipation.
Fortunately, I didn't have any trouble last night. I might have trouble tonight though. Hopefully it's due to being excited about the big win. In the past I used to always have issues sleeping after attending a UNLV basketball game when they lost at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: reagan21
Fortunately, I didn't have any trouble last night. I might have trouble tonight though. Hopefully it's due to being excited about the big win. In the past I used to always have issues sleeping after attending a UNLV basketball game when they lost at home.
I think it’s what you get used to. Basketball losses have become the norm, losing 4-5-6 at home has become the norm. At some point, a defense mechanism pops to help preserve any sanity you may have left and it doesn’t bother you as much.

When something is going good, the adrenaline pumps because of the possibilities. And it’s tough when that balloon pops. And IT WILL pop, we aren’t going undefeated. But you settle and realize there’s still a lot on the line. But all that keeps the adrenaline pumping, makes for tough sleeping for me.

This is why I hate apathy. I’d rather be pumped and disappointed than feeling numbness.

100%. Going to games with no energy or excitement aren't much fun.
The Mack is awful these days. And when you know what it’s supposed to be like, what it used to be like, it feels like death.

And I’m not just talking the Tark years. With the Bayno, Spoonhour, Kruger and Rice years …. Not every game, not every result we wanted … but there was actual life in the arena. Enough to keep you coming back for more.

UNLV basketball is now something to do if you’ve got time, it’s a cheap way to get out of the house … it’s closer to what UNLV football used to be than what UNLV Rebel hoops was even from 1992-2012 or whatever.

It perked up a little bit down the stretch last season … but even that was mild in comparison to formerly.

The Mack is awful these days. And when you know what it’s supposed to be like, what it used to be like, it feels like death.

And I’m not just talking the Tark years. With the Bayno, Spoonhour, Kruger and Rice years …. Not every game, not every result we wanted … but there was actual life in the arena. Enough to keep you coming back for more.

UNLV basketball is now something to do if you’ve got time, it’s a cheap way to get out of the house … it’s closer to what UNLV football used to be than what UNLV Rebel hoops was even from 1992-2012 or whatever.

It perked up a little bit down the stretch last season … but even that was mild in comparison to formerly.
I agree. Need to bring back the excitement to the T&M, and continue to build football.

Reactions: RebelinWA

I feel that. Usually this point in the season its, “at least there’s basketball, or hockey.” Grateful for now in football.

This is the worst!

• Haha
I am an idiot. I am covering a HS football game tonight. I have to turn off all notifications, perhaps the phone all the way off. Then come home and watch the recording late.

Then I have to come back to work tomorrow to help launch our new computer documentation system. Eff me!!

Anyhoots, I think this game and Boise will be the closest things we get to a shootout all year long. UNLV 45, SU 35. McCord gets his, but we as a team get ours.

I am an idiot. I am covering a HS football game tonight. I have to turn off all notifications, perhaps the phone all the way off. Then come home and watch the recording late.

Then I have to come back to work tomorrow to help launch our new computer documentation system. Eff me!!

Anyhoots, I think this game and Boise will be the closest things we get to a shootout all year long. UNLV 45, SU 35. McCord gets his, but we as a team get ours.
Idiot !!! (digit maybe)

Pinecrest Sloan?

Pinecrest Sloan?
No I live in Houston. George Ranch HS.
They apparently picked their colors and mascot to piss everyone off in Texas. They are the Longhorns, but wear Maroon. They even had shirts that said "Real Longhorns wear Maroon". I haven't seen those in a while, I'm guessing some kids got hurt, lol.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Cuse 20 UNLV 14

The streak is over.
Angry Scream GIF by Josh Cloud

I love how the guy making predictions regarding UNLV kept mentioning UNLV only having played 3 games so far when some teams have already played six. I couldn't find a single team that has played 6 games, and in fact UNLV has already played four games, so I tend to believe this guy is clueless in regards to following UNLV.

I was feeling great til I saw the line move on ESPN to -5.5.
Someone found out that Marsel McDuffie is not playing tonight?

Edit: SU is getting their starting DB Marcellus Barnes back tonight.

Last edited:
Someone found out that Marsel McDuffie is not playing tonight?
was he taken back off the 2 deep? Mani Powell was fine last week.

Edit: "Getting Marcellus Barnes back would be huge tonight. Going against some quality wide receivers this evening." Where does it say he's coming back? Oh well, doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT