ADVERTISEMENT

So this game isn't televised..

You never asked for help. All ya had to do was ask Joe.
You hang on my every post, you've heard me whine about my speeds :)

Oh, they've been out 3 or 4 times, say this, that or the other.... and the speed still sucks. I lose way more than I should through wifi... direct connect I hit about 50/15. Wireless I end up with 12/10 or so.

Cox internet is the best.

Verizon FiOs dragging their damn feet to get service in Nevada

Cox works well for me. I must be using all the megabytes or whatever they are that Joe is leaving free by using whatever other service he has.

Homer and I can be Cox Buddies..
Wait, that doesn't sound right.
SWORDFIGHT!!

You hang on my every post, you've heard me whine about my speeds :)

Oh, they've been out 3 or 4 times, say this, that or the other.... and the speed still sucks. I lose way more than I should through wifi... direct connect I hit about 50/15. Wireless I end up with 12/10 or so.
you need a better router, the internet company isn't sending out your wifi signal

you need a better router, the internet company isn't sending out your wifi signal
Offhand I don't know what it is, but it was the top router that they recommended at the time. I think it's netgear n450 or some crap like that. They swapped my other out and gave me this one because it's "much better". Maybe it is, but something still sucks. The home isn't giant and the walls are paper thin so I should get coverage everywhere (3500 sq ft).

I've tried repeaters, no luck. I tried a lot of different crap with no luck. And then they've sent out their "top field engineers" to resolve the issue but it's always the same. Garbage speeds.

Hurry up CL with your gigabit service. Hit my neighborhood next. (Though if Cox hits my neighborhood first with giga, I'll stick with them. I figure if I purchase giga from Cox, I'll finally get the 100 mb I'm supposed to be getting with my ultimate package).

The whole deal is a sham. I don't trust any of them. I don't feel like making the calls and holding the appointments anymore. Nothing gets done and it's a waste of time and money. They make promises, never works. Sick of the fight.

To be fair, I don't think I've ever seen UNLV football on fox or ABC.

Alright gotta admit I look like an idiot on this thread but I swear to god, the lvrj fish wrap edition didn't have the unlv game listed on that second page. Remember when you had the newspaper, they showed what channel unlv was on whether it was none or AM radio..

And yeah powerhouse football team UCLA on national television. Kidding me?

Offhand I don't know what it is, but it was the top router that they recommended at the time. I think it's netgear n450 or some crap like that. They swapped my other out and gave me this one because it's "much better". Maybe it is, but something still sucks. The home isn't giant and the walls are paper thin so I should get coverage everywhere (3500 sq ft).

I've tried repeaters, no luck. I tried a lot of different crap with no luck. And then they've sent out their "top field engineers" to resolve the issue but it's always the same. Garbage speeds.

Hurry up CL with your gigabit service. Hit my neighborhood next. (Though if Cox hits my neighborhood first with giga, I'll stick with them. I figure if I purchase giga from Cox, I'll finally get the 100 mb I'm supposed to be getting with my ultimate package).

The whole deal is a sham. I don't trust any of them. I don't feel like making the calls and holding the appointments anymore. Nothing gets done and it's a waste of time and money. They make promises, never works. Sick of the fight.
the N450 is way to small for you house, go to a cox store and ask for the new AC gateway, it is 3 dollars more but should make a big difference for you. If you live in the summerlin area come to my cox store on sahara and fort apache

the N450 is way to small for you house, go to a cox store and ask for the new AC gateway, it is 3 dollars more but should make a big difference for you. If you live in the summerlin area come to my cox store on sahara and fort apache
I had a more powerful one before the N450, but they (field service) said the N450 worked better in my house. Like I said, it's been nothing but a run around for me. Appreciate the advice, I'm sure it's right, but I don't have the time and don't feel like fiddling with resetting passwords on all the TV's, phones, devices, computers, laptops, AppleTV's, Firesticks, Chromebooks and all that other jazz. I already suffer from a strong case of Acute Password/PIN confusion.

I'm just gonna wait for the Cox/CL battle for gigabit service to pan out and I'll start out fresh from there.

Seriously though, I do appreciate the input.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT