ADVERTISEMENT

So this game isn't televised..

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
In 2015, with the advent of sports channels on cable/satellite, live streaming..

We gotta go back to 1950's technology and hear it over AM radio.

Here are the shows on regular TV that are on at 4 PM

Animal rescue channel 3
ASU vs UCLA..wow I didn't know we have a ton of people who graduated from those schools who are tuning in..fox 5

Sports science channel 8. It's a freakin replay too I think.

Right this minute channel 13. Looks like a comedy soap

Antiques Roadshow channel 10, actually this show is totally cool.

101aud channel Montana at UC Davis
We are friggin small time. Can we complain?

In 2015, with the advent of sports channels on cable/satellite, live streaming..

We gotta go back to 1950's technology and hear it over AM radio.

Here are the shows on regular TV that are on at 4 PM

Animal rescue channel 3
ASU vs UCLA..wow I didn't know we have a ton of people who graduated from those schools who are tuning in..fox 5

Sports science channel 8. It's a freakin replay too I think.

Right this minute channel 13. Looks like a comedy soap

Antiques Roadshow channel 10, actually this show is totally cool.

101aud channel Montana at UC Davis
We are friggin small time. Can we complain?
It's streamed.

Reactions: GoRebs!
The RJ don't even list it as streamed. Do they not want casual fans tuned to the game

I'll watch on Mountain West Network...Still dumbfounded though as to how and why this game can't be televised in Nevada. It truly is the biggest game of the year for both teams.

That leads me to another thing. Why don't the powers that be in the MWC have this game scheduled as the final game of the season for both teams? I'm sure it can be done. Other conferences manage to have rivalry games scheduled as the final game of the season. And in some cases, teams will have their conference schedule made out so that an OOC rivalry game is played the final game. examples off the top of my head are
FSU - Florida
Georgia Tech - Georgia
Clemson - South Carolina

And there are a myriad of in conference rivalry games ALWAYS scheduled as the final game
OHIO STATE - Michigan
Arizona - Arizona State
Oregon - Oregon State
Alabama - Auburn
Washington - Washington State
Ole Miss - Mississippi State
Virginia Tech - Virginia
North Carolina - North Carolina State
Indiana - Purdue

Reactions: RunninRebl90
I'll watch on Mountain West Network...Still dumbfounded though as to how and why this game can't be televised in Nevada. It truly is the biggest game of the year for both teams.

That leads me to another thing. Why don't the powers that be in the MWC have this game scheduled as the final game of the season for both teams? I'm sure it can be done. Other conferences manage to have rivalry games scheduled as the final game of the season. And in some cases, teams will have their conference schedule made out so that an OOC rivalry game is played the final game. examples off the top of my head are
FSU - Florida
Georgia Tech - Georgia
Clemson - South Carolina

And there are a myriad of in conference rivalry games ALWAYS scheduled as the final game
OHIO STATE - Michigan
Arizona - Arizona State
Oregon - Oregon State
Alabama - Auburn
Washington - Washington State
Ole Miss - Mississippi State
Virginia Tech - Virginia
North Carolina - North Carolina State
Indiana - Purdue
I believe next year its going to be at the end of the season. Better late than never

I totally agree about the lack of vision and leadership in the MWC.

One would think this is a game the MWC would want on tv. Heated in state rivalry...Stadium will likely be full....UNLV with a new coach, new uniforms and renewed sense of hope and belief...A head coach trying to successfully make the jump from high school to D1 college HC and bring a winning program to his adopted hometown University... And, it has the makings of being a competitive game... Alot of upside for the MWC to have this game on television. Very little downside.

Its a good thing that Sanchez's wet dream is the pac12. He recognized our conference leadership is terrible.

What makes no sense to me is that the MWC really does not have a premier Rilvary Game except for this one. You would think they would want to showcase this game. Also not having it on rivalry weekend another piss poor decision. One thing both Rebel and Reno fans agree on is playing this game week five of the season is horrible scheduling.

I know there are TV rights and other things involved in this but it's pretty disappointing.

Colorado state and Wyoming is a pretty big Rivalry. I do agree that this is probably bigger.

Stream has been good for me going to my Apple TV. If you don't have AppleTV have someone buy you one.

man the camera work is awful on pass plays. who knows what happens if it is thrown past 10 yds

Cox works well for me. I must be using all the megabytes or whatever they are that Joe is leaving free by using whatever other service he has.

Homer and I can be Cox Buddies..
Wait, that doesn't sound right.

Reactions: willlevi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT