ADVERTISEMENT

So Far, how did we do?

billd99s

UNLV Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2006
So far, UNLV has improved the defensive perimeter with four starters at major schools. We should be able to compete with SDSU athletically on the perimeter. With Ike getting better, Isaiah Cottrell, Williams, and Ublockem getting stronger, we match up with BSU, Wyoming. Utah State has some height coming in. Scoring will come from better defense leading to more controlled breaks for Ike, Williams, and Isaiah. The new guards will get plenty of looks too because of improved defensive rebounding. IMO Kruger has positioned Rebs for a run at an NCAA bid. We have a P5 roster and maybe a couple more transfers coming. Returnees Gilbert, Webster, Nuga could find minutes depending on injury rehabs for some of the transfers. Gilbert's major problem last year was strength and getting his feet set for his shot. Great energy and new transfers may have a tough time taking his spot.
I have seen some concern about shooting with this group of transfers. I expect them to improve by about 10% in percentages because of the interior strength of Cottrell and Ike. We won't have to wonder who can shoot when these guys start cutting and moving unlike last year's team who suffered from lack of height on the outside. Major concerns for me are team unity and San Diego State and Wyoming. We can beat the rest of the league based on new arrivals and rosters as now built. Things can and will change but right now we have a real D1 basketball team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News