ADVERTISEMENT

Sluka Redshirting and Transferring

From Reddit...

"UNLV insider Joe Arrigo is currently live on a Twitter space. He says Sluka went into Coach Odom’s office on Tuesday and said he needed $300k to stay. Odom said that was not happening and Sluka cleared out his locker. Sluka skipped practice on Wednesday and posted his intention to leave that night. Arroyo believes Sluka got an NIL agent after the Kansas game who got into Sluka’s ear about making more NIL money. The re may or may not be another school involved, but the timing of this implies that this is a play to try to strong arm UNLV into a payday now.*

• Wow
Reactions: LocoRebel
I really hope we get to know the truth of what happened here.

And of course the realignment crap. But this one is an individual story - has the feel of a kid who thought he deserved more and was told no.

Also - Bull, I like your thought of HMW being moved upward. Hopefully the snaps the rest of the week are put to good use in practice!

From Reddit...

"UNLV insider Joe Arrigo is currently live on a Twitter space. He says Sluka went into Coach Odom’s office on Tuesday and said he needed $300k to stay. Odom said that was not happening and Sluka cleared out his locker. Sluka skipped practice on Wednesday and posted his intention to leave that night. Arroyo believes Sluka got an NIL agent after the Kansas game who got into Sluka’s ear about making more NIL money. The re may or may not be another school involved, but the timing of this implies that this is a play to try to strong arm UNLV into a payday now.*
Some OSU fan on X says he started following a coach at ASU...

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
From Reddit...

No doubt Sluka has been impressive in evading tackles and finding lanes.

But Sluka though he was gonna strong arm an SEC caliber coach when he had a 43% completion percentage and wasted an AA WR for two FBS opponents?

Reactions: RebelSoldat
From Reddit...

The timing is suspect, he signed with an agent in January.

This is exactly the scenario that was running through my head, followed by Odom saying son get the F out of my office and you have 5 minutes to grab your shit before I let the team know and for your safety you may want to be on your way to the airport at that point.
I’m thinking it played out like this.

Shit teammate. I wonder when this actually came out to the coaches. I want to rewatch the press conference and read the tea leaves about the passing game improving etc.

Sluka better pray what he put on his twitter account is true. Regardless, you don’t put what he put out in the open. It’s bad biz and he’s not good enough to overcome such douchebaggery. If he lied and covered his own quitting ass by saying UNLV and NIL breached their contract when he was anted more NIL, that dude is one of the worst teammates to ever walk this planet. GTFOOH

I really hope we get to know the truth of what happened here.

And of course the realignment crap. But this one is an individual story - has the feel of a kid who thought he deserved more and was told no.

Also - Bull, I like your thought of HMW being moved upward. Hopefully the snaps the rest of the week are put to good use in practice!
Doesn't matter if he felt he deserved more or not, doing it this way is a scumbag move

From Reddit...

If UNLV hadn't paid him what he was promised in NIL, that would be one thing. Not saying I'd be happy with it but I get it.

But if he had been paid already and was demanding more that's a completely different story.

Let's go Hajj.

Check the date on that tweet. January 2024
That’s what I mean. The timing is suspect in Arrigo’s timeline. “(Arrigo) believes Sluka got an NIL agent after the Kansas game who got into Sluka’s ear about making more NIL money. ”

Not saying that it isn’t true; but I would be surprised if anyone but Sluka and Odom know for sure.

That’s what I mean. The timing is suspect in Arrigo’s timeline. “(Arrigo) believes Sluka got an NIL agent after the Kansas game who got into Sluka’s ear about making more NIL money. ”

Not saying that it isn’t true; but I would be surprised if anyone but Sluka and Odom know for sure.
I hit post too soon.
I edited it already

If UNLV hadn't paid him what he was promised in NIL, that would be one thing. Not saying I'd be happy with it but I get it.

But if he had been paid already and was demanding more that's a completely different story.

Let's go Hajj.
Never thought I’d turn Muslim..

And we will see Friel this season too..

Reactions: RebelinWA
From Reddit...

Check the date on that tweet. January 2024. Arrigo being correct and Sluka’s passing percentage are about the same

I think he's saying that Arrigo said an agent approached Sluka after the Kansas game. Which could be interpretted as a new agent or that he he didn't have prior representation.

I think the more likely scenario, his current agent was approached and that same agent went to Sluka not some new agent.

Semantics I know. Results the same either way.

From Reddit...

So this happened last week?

I wonder if this was a PAC 2 team?? or someone trying to sabotage are program?? i mean this is a whole new level of unprofessionalism IF he left because he was offered more money?? There has to be a TON of fallout because of this. If we lived in a reality where ethics was a thing then nobody should touch him with a TEN FOOT POLE! . I hope it not because we missed some payments. IF thats the case this will effect recruiting BIG TIME. IMO! IT shows that we are a small fish trying to play in a big pond.

I wonder if this was a PAC 2 team?? or someone trying to sabotage are program?? i mean this is a whole new level of unprofessionalism IF he left because he was offered more money?? There has to be a TON of fallout because of this. If we lived in a reality where ethics was a thing then nobody should touch him with a TEN FOOT POLE! . I hope it not because we missed some payments. IF thats the case this will effect recruiting BIG TIME. IMO! IT shows that we are a small fish trying to play in a big pond.

Former PAC team if Sluka's Twitter account and recent follow of a coach is any kind of tell..

(ASU)

Um what? Have you seen the Cougs QB? John Mateer is now a Heisman Top 10 QB. And he will stay a Coug, and will see the NFL. Sluka, from what I saw, is a one trick pony. Sorry for you guys, what a lowlife POS he is.

Um what? Have you seen the Cougs QB? John Mateer is now a Heisman Top 10 QB. And he will stay a Coug, and will see the NFL. Sluka, from what I saw, is a one trick pony. Sorry for you guys, what a lowlife POS he is.

I know I'm getting older when I start quoting my father...

I read the Sluka news and thought...

'I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed '

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT