ADVERTISEMENT

Remember the drama in Laramie?

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
I'm not sure if anyone is still interested in this, but I just talked to several people last night and they broke down everything that happened between Anderson, Kyman, Agbonkpolo, and Coach Linder that led to the trio leaving Laramie. I was shown videos, texts, etc. Im a part of youth sports in LA so I hear a lot of things but hearing it firsthand and seeing the proof shocked me.

All of this will come out soon. I just wanted to give those that were still wondering an update. It is not my place to deliver someone else's stories/experiences but just know that the whole story will be out and it will not look good for Wyoming.

I'll just say this; the culture there is bad, very bad and the 3 Socal kids were SET UP to fail and the scapegoat was "They're from CA, they're not tough enough for Laramie."

I'd also like to add that one of their assistant coaches was/is being used as a scapegoat too.

I'll just say this; the culture there is bad, very bad and the 3 Socal kids were SET UP to fail and the scapegoat was "They're from CA, they're not tough enough for Laramie."

I'd also like to add that one of their assistant coaches was/is being used as a scapegoat too.
I’ll say this about the 3 SoCal guys, Ethan Anderson was the only one that showed he had a desire to play. Kymann was supposed to be this great shooter, that never happened, and Max couldn’t get on the floor and when he did all he wanted to do was put up a shot as quick as possible. EA was the only one that would defend and Max made Thompson look like a great defender. Sorry it didn’t work out from them, I wish them well.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I'm not sure if anyone is still interested in this, but I just talked to several people last night and they broke down everything that happened between Anderson, Kyman, Agbonkpolo, and Coach Linder that led to the trio leaving Laramie. I was shown videos, texts, etc. Im a part of youth sports in LA so I hear a lot of things but hearing it firsthand and seeing the proof shocked me.

All of this will come out soon. I just wanted to give those that were still wondering an update. It is not my place to deliver someone else's stories/experiences but just know that the whole story will be out and it will not look good for Wyoming.
Those three clowns cooked up a plan to no-show a game and when they got busted they ran like three girls going to the bathroom together.

Linder screwed up vetting them, but they weren't tough enough to play in Laramie (or Vegas for that matter).

The 3 SoCal guys never produced. A shoe store owner, claiming to be be “connected” put out a story of how they players were abused. One player parent posted a story that they flew out of Laramie under the protection of the sheriff. Strange that they left hauling a UHaul truck. The truth is you only need to check their playing time at USC & UCLA - minimal playing time and even less impact. All these people claiming to be connected and having inside information are full of you know what. Those players were FAILURES period.

The 3 SoCal guys never produced. A shoe store owner, claiming to be be “connected” put out a story of how they players were abused. One player parent posted a story that they flew out of Laramie under the protection of the sheriff. Strange that they left hauling a UHaul truck. The truth is you only need to check their playing time at USC & UCLA - minimal playing time and even less impact. All these people claiming to be connected and having inside information are full of you know what. Those players were FAILURES period.
I know UNLV, I think Menzies - recruited Anderson. I never liked thing one about his game. He’s a 10th man on a decent team, but doesn’t think he’s that.

Whether you think the 3 guys did well or not at Wyoming or in LA, that's your opinion and that's fine. However, ppl behind the scenes in LA and who are leaders in the grassroots circuit know what truly happened and have proof. Again, that truth will come out soon.

But let's not try to change the narrative. Every Wyoming fan was head over heels after all 3 transferred in. Not one person said anything negative about them and though these acquisitions were gold. All of a sudden when things don't work out, they're automatically bad peolle. It's too late to change up the narrative now. You can't have it both ways.

If Wyoming was such a great program and had coached who were great people, then why are so many people transferring out? And I'm not talking about just the 3 LA kids. Take some time to think about that. That's the last I'll say about this.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Whether you think the 3 guys did well or not at Wyoming or in LA, that's your opinion and that's fine. However, ppl behind the scenes in LA and who are leaders in the grassroots circuit know what truly happened and have proof. Again, that truth will come out soon.

But let's not try to change the narrative. Every Wyoming fan was head over heels after all 3 transferred in. Not one person said anything negative about them and though these acquisitions were gold. All of a sudden when things don't work out, they're automatically bad peolle. It's too late to change up the narrative now. You can't have it both ways.

If Wyoming was such a great program and had coached who were great people, then why are so many people transferring out? And I'm not talking about just the 3 LA kids. Take some time to think about that. That's the last I'll say about this.
How about you take some time and think about a Wyoming team that lost one player that got any minutes and played in the NCAA tournament, only to bring these guys in and things go to hell in a hurry. You talk about culture, and how bad it is in Laramie, why was it fine last year?

These 3 were such good teammates, they planed on going through walk through the day of the UNLV game, and then not show up for the game. Word got out and the Uhaul was loaded and left town. Great teammates.

Im not going to say Linder is easy to play for, in fact he says it himself “I’m not for everyone”.

Last edited:
Reactions: OriginalSteamboat

You are correct that WYO fans were excited when the three amigos transferred in, I wouldn't say head over heels, but when we saw them play we were wondering what the hell is this? You have to work at it to gain playing time, it's not going to be handed to you for just arriving from SoCal. I really don't understand how some kid from SoCal could adjust to the lifestyle in Laramie anyway. I had to laugh when I read the part about flying out of Laramie. Was that Laramie International? HA HA HA HA HA!

Last edited:
This lobbybuu dude must be the shoe store part owner. His acct on Rebel-Net started in Dec. He writes and talks like the guy on Twitter and his connections and the truth will come out. Probably jiving kids into buying over priced shoes in his Long Beach store and bragging about how connected he is. Videos? Guy is a fake.

This lobbybuu dude must be the shoe store part owner. His acct on Rebel-Net started in Dec. He writes and talks like the guy on Twitter and his connections and the truth will come out. Probably jiving kids into buying over priced shoes in his Long Beach store and bragging about how connected he is. Videos? Guy is a fake.
Idk who you are refeeeing to and idk about any shoe owner. I've been a long time reader and new to posting and commenting. If you look at my comments and posts on not just this forum but the football forum, then you'll see why I talk how I talk. Many ppl can vouch for me.

No one is forced to believe in what I say. Some of what I say is opinion and other stuff is what I hear from others and sometimes it's stuff I hear first hand. When I say something, it's to unlv fans, not random men from Laramie that swear Wyoming is the best thing since sliced bread and believes that Wyoming and Linder are perfect.

But it's weird how you just made your account and popped up today. You and your two buddies made an account on an opposing teams forum just to comment and defend Wyoming like it's the best thing ever. You say you don't believe me and think I'm someone else. If that's the case, why get so pressed and mad? That's strange. I know you're staring at your screen and fuming. I hope moving forward, you don't let another man, let alone someone random on the internet, get you this riled up.

Last edited:
Idk who you are refeeeing to and idk about any shoe owner. I've been a long time reader and new to posting and commenting. If you look at my comments and posts on not just this forum but the football forum, then you'll see why I talk how I talk. Many ppl can vouch for me.

No one is forced to believe in what I say. Some of what I say is opinion and other stuff is what I hear from others and sometimes it's stuff I hear first hand. When I say something, it's to unlv fans, not random men from Laramie that swear Wyoming is the best thing since sliced bread and believes that Wyoming and Linder are perfect.

But it's weird how you just made your account and popped up today. You and your two buddies made an account on an opposing teams forum just to comment and defend Wyoming like it's the best thing ever. You say you don't believe me and think I'm someone else. If that's the case, why get so pressed and mad? That's strange. I know you're staring at your screen and fuming. I hope moving forward, you don't let another man, let alone someone random on the internet, get you this riled up.
Ok Lacedup, not fuming, laughing at you

There are likely 2 sides to this story.

Lobby probably has some legit information, but it is likely through the lens of the players. Who to be fair probably though it would be "easy" transferring from the PAC to go to BF Wyoming and win. I'm sure some of the reports of the trio not exactly being the best teammates has truth too.

Coaching staff probably did some things that they didn't like.

But I doubt Lobby is getting the whole story. Unless he is getting info from the coaching staff and not just the players/ players camp.

I haven't even read all the way down but I LOVE that 3 accounts with a combine post count under 10 have tried to discredit lobby, who has been weeks or months ahead on all things UNLV since late dec/early Jan.

As a UNLV fan, I have no place talking about culture in a program. We graduated one scholarship 4 year player in like the last decade. I'd guess that there is, in fact, more to the Wyoming story than is currently out there.

I haven't even read all the way down but I LOVE that 3 accounts with a combine post count under 10 have tried to discredit lobby, who has been weeks or months ahead on all things UNLV since late dec/early Jan.
They may be 3 different people or it may be one person posting as all three. I don't have that kind of access on here to know (via IP address, for instance).

Since we are playing Clue about who Lobby is....
I'm going out on a limb to guess that he isn't Miss Peacock, so maybe he's the butler.
He definitely posts in the office on the computer.

Do I win this guessing game?

I'm not mad but I am thrilled that those three are gone. Certainly not a good fit at WYO. You must be The Amazing Kreskin.

Reactions: OriginalSteamboat

As a UNLV fan, I have no place talking about culture in a program. We graduated one scholarship 4 year player in like the last decade. I'd guess that there is, in fact, more to the Wyoming story than is currently out there.
Wyoming is an odd place. We once had a guy play for UNLV whose final schools were UNLV and Wyoming; he did his visits. He wasn’t a thug at all, great kid, really good player too.

Wyoming was about as poor of a fit for this particular kid. Not in a bad way, just not a good fit for him. Some kids can adapt easily enough. Myself, I’d have zero problem with the location, tempo or people. Well, the snow would aggravate me to an extent, but the rest would be a pretty good fit for me. But Vegas was easy for me too. Some people just don’t fit with certain areas and when he was taken to the bowling lanes near the new big Walmart (something like that, this was 20 years ago) on his official visit … he knew he wasn’t going to end up there. I don’t see that as anything but a preference.

Reactions: UNLVbro
Wyoming is an odd place. We once had a guy play for UNLV whose final schools were UNLV and Wyoming; he did his visits. He wasn’t a thug at all, great kid, really good player too.

Wyoming was about as poor of a fit for this particular kid. Not in a bad way, just not a good fit for him. Some kids can adapt easily enough. Myself, I’d have zero problem with the location, tempo or people. Well, the snow would aggravate me to an extent, but the rest would be a pretty good fit for me. But Vegas was easy for me too. Some people just don’t fit with certain areas and when he was taken to the bowling lanes near the new big Walmart (something like that, this was 20 years ago) on his official visit … he knew he wasn’t going to end up there. I don’t see that as anything but a preference.
My guess is your are talking about Romel Beck. IIRC, his final two/most serious were us and Wyo. Say what you want but about ol Steve McClain, he could recruit well for Laramie.

I still think that killer B team with blassingame, beck, o-dot, Jk, etc should have won more games

My guess is your are talking about Romel Beck. IIRC, his final two/most serious were us and Wyo. Say what you want but about ol Steve McClain, he could recruit well for Laramie.

I still think that killer B team with blassingame, beck, o-dot, Jk, etc should have won more games
McClain, imo, was a great coach FOR Wyoming. He was willing to uptempo. If I were a coach at Wyoming, I’d try and go old school LMU at that altitude.

The three B’s should have won more under Spoon. Not awesome talent but enough to compete and we ended up with NIT’s.

And Lon’s first team, as well, they definitely should have performed better. They were seniors. But somehow Romel got bumped for Andy Hannan.

I hated McClain and I hated Wyoming. But it was in part because they were formidable (the African bigs, Udezue and I think Nsonwu Amadi ??), Bailey was nice, Josh Davis, I think Ewing, a nice shooter from some JC in Wyoming (Sheridan?). Was a long time ago. I just know that they were a tough out.

Me too!

Reactions: the Florian Trout
McClain, imo, was a great coach FOR Wyoming. He was willing to uptempo. If I were a coach at Wyoming, I’d try and go old school LMU at that altitude.

The three B’s should have won more under Spoon. Not awesome talent but enough to compete and we ended up with NIT’s.

And Lon’s first team, as well, they definitely should have performed better. They were seniors. But somehow Romel got bumped for Andy Hannan.

I hated McClain and I hated Wyoming. But it was in part because they were formidable (the African bigs, Udezue and I think Nsonwu Amadi ??), Bailey was nice, Josh Davis, I think Ewing, a nice shooter from some JC in Wyoming (Sheridan?). Was a long time ago. I just know that they were a tough out.
You must be thinking about Dante Richardson. Ewing was after that group of Bailey and Davis, Jason Straight was the point guard out of Chicago that played with them.

Reactions: RebelScrub
You must be thinking about Dante Richardson. Ewing was after that group of Bailey and Davis, Jason Straight was the point guard out of Chicago that played with them.
Yes, yes. Hard to remember since it was so long ago, I’m friggin’ old now and it’s “not my team”. But for a stretch, they had a solid team; one that was very tough to beat, especially in Laramie.

Reactions: wyo 1
I’ve never seen the Double A go so quiet so quickly in my life. It was devastating. Lol
I remember Jimmy Dykes on the call. Something like “are you kidding me? You come here, you take their lunch (something to that effect).

I remember Dalron doing a cross at half court. Being 6’9”, a bit risky even though he was a skilled big.

Reactions: TheMatrix31
I remember Jimmy Dykes on the call. Something like “are you kidding me? You come here, you take their lunch (something to that effect).

I remember Dalron doing a cross at half court. Being 6’9”, a bit risky even though he was a skilled big.
If I’m remembering correctly, I think he hit that shot jumped up on court side table.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I always root for Wyoming. Loved McClain’s style of basketball back in the late 90’s.

Had a ton Fennis Dembo rookie cards back in the late 80’s when baseball cards were overly produced.

I don’t know who is right or wrong in the situation. Just hope your program is able to move on and win.

A couple more Wyo players have entered the portal and that makes it 7 total...but its the LA kids that were completely at fault, were bad teammates, and weren't tough enough. Oh my bad...

A couple more Wyo players have entered the portal and that makes it 7 total...but its the LA kids that were completely at fault, were bad teammates, and weren't tough enough. Oh my bad...
Oh there you are sunshine, I thought you said it would be the last you say about it.?.?.?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT